• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    So, by admitting that I OC, I inherently admit to making stupid choices? Your logic fails both you and me. You haven't convinced me of anything except the fact that you don't know what persecution means. We OCers, not just the one you claim to have targeted, don't have "persecutory delusions." You are persecuting us with every post you make, but apparently you're too dense to understand that.

As for CC handguns being stolen, you think that ONLY OC handguns are stolen? Maybe WE'RE not the stupid ones. See, I can sling around insults too. Unfortunately, I can't find any articles that supports my statement, but I'm also not finding articles that scream "GUN STOLEN FROM OPEN CARRY HOLSTER." As a matter of fact, I'm having a hard time finding many articles about guns being stolen from holsters, and ones that I do find just say stolen from a holster. Doesn't distinguish OC or CC. You're more than welcome to look for something, because I'm not finding anything.

No, let him keep looking childish.

I didn't need HIS help to tell you that. You OC.

New trend.

That's all he has. He can't make an argument, so we're all douchebags and delusional.

But what's that have to do with why OC in inferior to CC?

Making fun of my Glock? Now guess who doesn't get this OCer's help when they need it? :p

Who was it directed to? Since you won't answer other questions, answer that one. Be man enough to tell someone that they're delusional and you are persecuting them. Try to keep a straight face when you lie to them.

Agree with this post 100%.

Reported to Rookie, where is he when you need him

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    If Im supposed to expect lashings out from you, at someone who did nothing to **** you off, how exactly does that makes you look? Im sorry, I dont fear your wrath. If I had done something to you to deserve it, I would put my tail between my legs and hide perhaps. But if you want to come at me for nothing, go ahead, all your doing is hurting yourself.
    Good God, calm down. You're whining like a damn baby. It wasn't a jab at you. Just because I quoted your post doesn't mean I was making the jab at you.

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    OC isn't wrong. It certainly has a time and place. Hell, I've open carried many times before.

My issues are when people who OC, then make a scene. Whether you like it or not, when someone who CC's makes an ass out of themselves, people don't know that they are carrying a gun. When someone who open carries makes an ass out of themselves, the general public assumes all gun owners act the same way. It's basic human psychology, especially when much of the general public is fearful of people who carry guns.
    Don't try to backpedal. You said that OC is a stupid choice. That implies that a person who OCs is stupid. I get that you're trying to make nice, but you're trying to backpedal and that ain't a plane. Aka, it don't fly. Anyone make an asshat of themselves is dumb, whether OC, CC, or NC.

It's the ONLY thing I have been against the entire time. Just because I think OC in public is dumb, I would never try and tell anyone not to do it (legally). Besides, if I',m not trying to take anything away from you, why do you care what I think?

I've stated over and over that I don't have an issue with anyone OC'ing responsibly but it's not what people in this thread wanted to hear...
    No, you stated that you had no problem with it after we called you on it.
    weapon...I expect you have the same requirement.... Do you need a second license to open carry, and would also be required to have that on your person when you open carry on the street or at work?
    Also, do most of you have both? In Texas, LEOs always have an open carry and also a backup you won't see, usually an ankle holster. I expect some of you do the same and would have both licenses on your person.
    I appreciate this discussion. OC is being considered by our legislature.
    Here in IN there is only the License to Carry a Handgun or LTCH. It allows you to open carry or carry concealed. Entirely your decision. Most officers do carry a second handgun on them as a backup, most non-LEOs do not. There are some who do, but not everyone.
    That's good, but I'd be hard pressed to lift a finger for someone who thought my choices weren't good enough for them until they really needed it.

My very good friend was banned for an insult. I have to wonder why, if that quote is the actual choice of words, the author is not looking at a time-out himself.
    I called someone a hard headed ***** last night, still nothing. I guess it's because I edited it, even though he caught it in his quote.
    Yep, that's who it is. We're only good friends in my dreams. Very. Good. Friends. :naughty:
    EW! Why did you have to say that? Now I have an image in my head that I don't want. GET IT OUT! GET IT OUT!
    If Im supposed to expect lashings out from you, at someone who did nothing to **** you off, how exactly does that makes you look? Im sorry, I dont fear your wrath. If I had done something to you to deserve it, I would put my tail between my legs and hide perhaps. But if you want to come at me for nothing, go ahead, all your doing is hurting yourself.
    OH SNAP!

BlackDog714

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Greenwood
    Don't try to backpedal. You said that OC is a stupid choice. That implies that a person who OCs is stupid. I get that you're trying to make nice, but you're trying to backpedal and that ain't a plane. Aka, it don't fly. Anyone make an asshat of themselves is dumb, whether OC, CC, or NC.

No, you stated that you had no problem with it after we called you on it.

Here, I'll refresh your memory:

I do see where there is a possibility for the general public to be ok with firearms, however in this day and age I think for the most part it causes more harm than good. The problem I have more than likely isn't with (I'm guessing) most of you. You see, most of the OC'rs I've met/seen ARE only doing it to create controversy/drama. I understand that there are only a few asshats that do this, however you have to understand that one asshat ruins our public perception. So when Jimmy Joe Bob starts yelling about how it's his right to open carry and mind your own business, it hurts us all. Again, I am not accusing anyone here that OC's of any asshattedness. It just seems that most of the public negative interactions I have seen have been from people trying to bully instead of educate.

I think that OC'ing ASSHATS (and not all OC'rs are asshats) puts ALL gun owners in harms way.
    Just because I believe it's idiotic to open carry, I've never ONCE said you shouldn't be allowed to do it. I think smoking is ****ing retarded but I will never support the anti-smoking laws. Stop assuming I am against you. You want to talk about our own worse enemy, it's gun owners putting words in others mouths. This isn't a public debate, its a private discussion on a private board. If they want to try and outlaw OC, I'll be right there with you supporting your cause.

We forget the old saying, I may disagree with what you say, but I'll fight to the death for your right to say it...

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    Here, I'll refresh your memory:

I do see where there is a possibility for the general public to be ok with firearms, however in this day and age I think for the most part it causes more harm than good. The problem I have more than likely isn't with (I'm guessing) most of you. You see, most of the OC'rs I've met/seen ARE only doing it to create controversy/drama. I understand that there are only a few asshats that do this, however you have to understand that one asshat ruins our public perception. So when Jimmy Joe Bob starts yelling about how it's his right to open carry and mind your own business, it hurts us all. Again, I am not accusing anyone here that OC's of any asshattedness. It just seems that most of the public negative interactions I have seen have been from people trying to bully instead of educate.

I think that OC'ing ASSHATS (and not all OC'rs are asshats) puts ALL gun owners in harms way.
    Just because I believe it's idiotic to open carry, I've never ONCE said you shouldn't be allowed to do it. I think smoking is ****ing retarded but I will never support the anti-smoking laws. Stop assuming I am against you. You want to talk about our own worse enemy, it's gun owners putting words in others mouths. This isn't a public debate, its a private discussion on a private board. If they want to try and outlaw OC, I'll be right there with you supporting your cause.

We forget the old saying, I may disagree with what you say, but I'll fight to the death for your right to say it...

I apologize, but you did say that OC is "idiotic." :p

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    I read and fully understood what you said, as wrong as it was.

No, you didn't. Allow me to point out just one of your reading comprehension failures as evidence of your misunderstanding.

...I haven't flipped out at all...

You replied that you haven't flipped out, yet the flipping out wasn't even in reference to you, it was to your evolving claim that your opinion only applied to OCers who flip out. I'll color code it to simplify the sentence as, I'll admit, it may have been a bit complex for someone so emotionally vested in the discussion.

Well, Blackdog, since your "new" position has somehow evolved into a version where you were only referring to some subset of people who OC and then flip out on people at the slightest provocation, I'll just address this old post of yours:

See, the blue part was about you, the red part describes the current version of your argument's intended subjects, which I surmised from this latter post of yours (among others):

...I am talking about the asshats that cannot deal with legitimate questions without screaming about their rights or generally making an ass out of themselves...

...but that's not how you started when you jumped into this thread, now is it? Hence, you have attempted to distance yourself from the original post by adding fictional "qualifiers" along the way, pretending they were there all along. They weren't. Go back and read it for yourself.

You got caught painting with the big brush but you think you're clever enough to guide the debate elsewhere. You aren't.

If you wanted to truly debate, rather than just poke at people out of denied envy, you'd come out with some of the actual reasoning behind these anti-OC opinions of yours. You haven't.

My assessment stands.

I have no envy of anyone, let alone OC'ers.

Keep telling yourself that. Your posts belie this claim.

Top Bottom