• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Span24

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 19, 2013
    North Central
    Then how does anyone know you are exercising that right?

Hmmmm, I must confess that I really don't know? How do they? Do they NEED to? Is it a requirement?

To be clear; Like most people I imagine, I carry for several reasons. Primarily, piece of mind. Political activism does not happen to be one of them.

But hey! ...carry on! It's your right, and I promise not to object. :thumbsup:

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    LarryJr, I am going to side with you on this one. I see no need to scare the soccer mom's and the little old ladies (and men for that matter) who don't want to know how dangerous the world has become. If the point of open cary is to simply exercise the right to cary, I get that and it has negative consequences. Are the negative consequences worth the price? If the thought is "they shouldn't be afraid of a guy with a gun" I am 66 years old and I have been around the world several times and I have never been to a place from home to Africa, to India, to Iraq, to Italy....and not seen people recoil from the guy with a gun, especially if that guy was not in uniform or carying a badge. Get mad if you must, I will continue to cary concealed.
    Why would I (or anybody else for that matter) get mad because you choose to carry in a manner that satisfies you? The only people who get sand in the 'ginas about the way other people carry are the CCers. I'm glad you carry. And I don't presume to tell you that they way you do it is wrong or harmful. Would that the favor could be returned, no?

Seriously; For me this comes down to one thing really; I do not OC because it gives the stinkin' gun-grabbin' liberals out there one more thing to complain about and we don't need anymore bad press (real or imagined). I mean, I get the piece of mind I carry for, whether my gun is seen or not.

So you don't OC. Who cares? That's right. Not us OCers. ;)

If you feel differently ...
    I do. The difference is that I don't find it necessary to imply those who do it differently are doing it wrong.

danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    OH settle down... Theres nothing for you to BITE on. Im not on a side. I CARRY. I see no reason not to be open to both ways. Can you tell me why theres no reason that people should be able to carry either way?

OK, watch me, my friend!

Why are you pushing? There are more CCers that are anti OC, than OCers that are anti CC, thats a fact.

OC is the more "controversial" issue, so naturally, it receives more heat.

But the fact remains, there is no way you can honestly discredit either method.

This is just ONE more stupid pissing match, that noone will admit, they love participating in.

The fact is, all this, chasing our tails, could end up biting us in the ass.

Last edited:

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    OK, watch me, my friend!
    4dc5c678.jpg

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...ssion/308870-common-sense-carry-part-2-a.html

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    It doesn't. You misunderstand. I do not hide my right, I hide my firearm... And I do not do it so as 'not to offend'. I do it so I don't have to hear the little sissies whine.

I trust that this sufficiently answers your question.

Wow...... Another pearl of wisdom. I think that this one might be a diamond of wisdom.

Span24, please contribute more in these forums!

Top Bottom