• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bingley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    I tried out both OC and CC as an experiment, and I think you'd like to hear my result. On Saturday I went without undies around the house, and on Sunday I went with. Nobody attacked me. I've come to the conclusion that criminals don't exist.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I tried out both OC and CC as an experiment, and I think you'd like to hear my result. On Saturday I went without undies around the house, and on Sunday I went with. Nobody attacked me. I've come to the conclusion that criminals don't exist.

I think you wanted the sub caliber thread. :D

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    There are a few "religious" topics on gun forums- OC vs. CC, Glock vs. 1911 vs. revolver vs. everyone else, and best caliber. Humor and respect go a long way towards keeping those discussions civil, but not everyone understands that. Starting off a thread proclaiming you are right and everyone else is wrong on these topics never goes well.

I think we need a thread that combines all of these into one big argument. Let's say, something about why you should only OC if you have a 9mm 1911 that has an external safety. Or, how about why compact Glocks in .45acp should only be CC'd because the short fat guns are so ugly that they offend the sensibilities of those that prefer revolvers. Maybe we can talk about why there are no pocket sized, scandium framed revolvers in .500 AE simply because Americans are no longer manly enough to carry one.

Span24

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 19, 2013
    North Central
    With over 400 posts it looks like everyone is in the fray! So, here is this :n00b::n00b:s :twocents:!

Does OC deter or prevent crime? I really don't know and I doubt anyone here does either. I have personally never been able to prove something that didn't happen?

Does OC increase my odds of winning a gunfight? I really don't know but I think that there are a TON of variables so I doubt that any one can say for sure. We all play our hands based upon what we perceive the odds to be.

Does OC make me cool? Ummm, not ME! My bad-azz pompador does!

Seriously; For me this comes down to one thing really; I do not OC because it gives the stinkin' gun-grabbin' liberals out there one more thing to complain about and we don't need anymore bad press (real or imagined). I mean, I get the piece of mind I carry for, whether my gun is seen or not.

I pay attention, I avoid conflict, and I do my best to avoid ever having to draw my firearm in defense. I honestly hope that I never do.

If you feel differently well then, that's America! :patriot:

nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    With over 400 posts it looks like everyone is in the fray! So, here is this :n00b::n00b:s :twocents:!

Does OC deter or prevent crime? I really don't know and I doubt anyone here does either. I have personally never been able to prove something that didn't happen?

Does OC increase my odds of winning a gunfight? I really don't know but I think that there are a TON of variables so I doubt that any one can say for sure. We all play our hands based upon what we perceive the odds to be.

Does OC make me cool? Ummm, not ME! My bad-azz pompador does!

Seriously; For me this comes down to one thing really; I do not OC because it gives the stinkin' gun-grabbin' liberals out there one more thing to complain about and we don't need anymore bad press (real or imagined). I mean, I get the piece of mind I carry for, whether my gun is seen or not.

I pay attention, I avoid conflict, and I do my best to avoid ever having to draw my firearm in defense. I honestly hope that I never do.

If you feel differently well then, that's America! :patriot:

you're wrong!

Span24

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 19, 2013
    North Central
    you're wrong!

You OBVIOUSLY have not seen my bad-azz pompador!

Costume-Pompadour-2_zpsd7d5733d.jpg

bingley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    You OBVIOUSLY have not seen my bad-azz pompador!

Hmm, you know, all of us gun owners are (apparently) compensating for something not big enough. Now I see you have this tremendous pompadour, and yet you also carry?

I'm just saying, modern medicine can do wonders.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    <snipped>

<snipped>

Just to play devil's advocate here..

Since when did hiding a Right in order not to offend anyone, help support that Right?

Span24

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 19, 2013
    North Central
    Just to play devil's advocate here..

Since when did hiding a Right in order not to offend anyone, help support that Right?

It doesn't. You misunderstand. I do not hide my right, I hide my firearm... And I do not do it so as 'not to offend'. I do it so I don't have to hear the little sissies whine.

I trust that this sufficiently answers your question.

danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    In the amount of time its taken me to read this thread, some politicians have ruined this country abit more. Cmon people, why are we going on with this crap again?

The world is a dynamic environment, and noone can predict whats gonna happen, if anything ever does happen, and if it does, noone can predict what actions to take in order to get the desired outcome.

All I can tell you is, while we beat this STUPID dead horse, theres a whole lot of people scheming new ways to make sure you cant carry at all. Not to mention all the other ways this country is turning into a pale shadow of its former self.

Its time for Open Carriers and Concealed Carriers to do alittle Open Minding, and realize we are on the same side, and this isnt helping.

bingley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    In the amount of time its taken me to read this thread, some politicians have ruined this country abit more. Cmon people, why are we going on with this crap again?

Because the internet is entertainment. Entertainment that people take seriously.

danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    OH!!! This is entertaining? Well, silly me for thinking it was driving a wedge between a group of people who need to stand together.

THere is an ANTI everything crowd.

Theres a group of OCers, who think that CCers want to hide their guns "like criminals"
    Theres a group of CCers, who think that OCers want to wear their guns like penis extensions.

The fact is, WE ARE ALL CARRYING, and therefore, a family, standing in unison, against the powers that be, that wish to take those rights away.

Family squabbling is fine, just as long as we all remember the big picture.

Top Bottom