• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Steve B

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    KEWANNA
    Can we discuss OVE vs CVE for a change? You know, Open Verbal Expression vs Concealed Verbal Expression. After all isn't it time to attack a different right for a change? It's only fair. I mean I realize we have the right to free speech. However, shouldn't we hide it to make others more comfortable by simply hiding what we have on our minds in stead of openly saying it? It will make the sheep feel more comfortable after all.

I do love the it's not a deterrent thing. It's always the lone OCer against the bad guy. Maybe if all the CCers would OC it would help. BG walks into bank and sees the lone OCer as a target.

Or maybe. Bad guy walks into bank and sees 10 OCers and sees he's the target. Hmmmmm.

Personally, JFC. A right you're afraid to use is a right you've already lost.
    IBTL

protias

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Formerly Greensburg
    Wow. The lack of knowledge or logic here is astounding. This is why I rarely come to this site.

Advantages: Surprise is the BIGGEST advantage, you can carry places you might not necessarily be able to with while OC (banks, etc), ability to blend in until action is needed, don't have to worry about gun grabs, not advertising that you have something valuable on your person, if you OC you should have a retention holster and this negates the speed of OC (although AIWB is faster period for CC), you have more options in confrontation and they don't escalate as quickly...and so on and so forth.

I've yet to see one good argument for OC.

Let's not take my word for it, as everything I've said so far has been turned into something unrecognizable and ridiculous, and I sure as hell am not taking anything anyone here has said seriously so far. Let's leave it in the hands of people like Todd Green, Gary Roberts, JM Johnston, Southnarc, and many other SME's.

Open Carry

$100 paypaled to the INGO'er who starts a thread stating OC is a better choice than CC and manages to win that argument on Pistol-forum.com or M4carbine.net. I'm not saying there are not any intelligent people here, but people like Larry Vickers, Jason Falla, kyle defoor, mike pannone, Todd Green, etc etc etc post there for a reason. They ALL advocate CC vs OC. I've yet to even hear of a serious instructor who would advise otherwise.

I'm sure the next argument to come out is: "who cares what XYZ instructors say", so this is where I will let people believe what they believe.

Wow, SERIOUSLY? There is zero point in reasoning with you, honestly.

Do you know why they advocate for CC? Because it greases their palms. There is no money in OC because so many states do not require a magical piece of paper to exercise the right to carry [openly]. Of course though, 1/6" of cloth automatically means you need ninja training...

Wow. Do you even think before you post?

You want one story, here you go:
    Guy with the gun robbed of his gun, because he had one. Was the robber afraid? Don't think so. - YouTube

You know how many cops are shot with their own gun every year? You know how many cops are robbed of their guns for their value every year across the planet? I'm not here to do your homework for you. You don't get to just ask dumb ass questions and expect me to have to answer all of them.

You are also forgetting one VERY important thing, you are not a criminal. Hardened criminals don't operate under the same rules and thought process as we do. They don't have anything to lose, we have families, jobs, etc. They only care about their next fix or next pair of shoes. Trying to throw logic into the mix just doesn't work.

I'm just going to put this right here: Conceal And Carry Holder Robbed With His Own Gun « CBS Minnesota

dusterboy49

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Fremont
    Wow. The lack of knowledge or logic here is astounding. This is why I rarely come to this site.

Advantages: Surprise is the BIGGEST advantage, you can carry places you might not necessarily be able to with while OC (banks, etc), ability to blend in until action is needed, don't have to worry about gun grabs, not advertising that you have something valuable on your person, if you OC you should have a retention holster and this negates the speed of OC (although AIWB is faster period for CC), you have more options in confrontation and they don't escalate as quickly...and so on and so forth.

I've yet to see one good argument for OC.

Let's not take my word for it, as everything I've said so far has been turned into something unrecognizable and ridiculous, and I sure as hell am not taking anything anyone here has said seriously so far. Let's leave it in the hands of people like Todd Green, Gary Roberts, JM Johnston, Southnarc, and many other SME's

Open Carry

$100 paypaled to the INGO'er who starts a thread stating OC is a better choice than CC and manages to win that argument on Pistol-forum.com or M4carbine.net. I'm not saying there are not any intelligent people here, but people like Larry Vickers, Jason Falla, kyle defoor, mike pannone, Todd Green, etc etc etc post there for a reason. They ALL advocate CC vs OC. I've yet to even hear of a serious instructor who would advise otherwise.

I'm sure the next argument to come out is: "who cares what XYZ instructors say", so this is where I will let people believe what they believe.

Wow, SERIOUSLY? There is zero point in reasoning with you, honestly.

In your post you say that " you seldom visit this site".
    Do us a favor and don't visit this site. Haunt the other sites you refer to in your post.:twocents:

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    CENTRAL
    Not sure if we're in lock territory yet but, IBTL.
    0F3E311D-538B-4499-B922-2D76C56B1A0E-1761-000002ABC0BFB486_zps65d483b0.jpg

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    UHHHH

And I came up to these forums to get away from this stuff and just read about guns!!!

Papabeargsh

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2013
    Anderson
    I just don't like to be stared at. I'm 6'5 and 23 stone, so the number one comment I get is "You are so big. Why do you need a gun". It's just not worth the stares and comments to open carry. I DO NOT think less of anybody who OC's, or believe they are immature or compensating.

Rhoadmar

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 18, 2012
    The farm
    I just don't like to be stared at. I'm 6'5 and 23 stone, so the number one comment I get is "You are so big. Why do you need a gun". It's just not worth the stares and comments to open carry. I DO NOT think less of anybody who OC's, or believe they are immature or compensating.

This. You have your reasons and thank you for not pushing your method of carry in a condescending way. Bravo.

Top Bottom