• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    the benefits of concealed carry far outweigh the benefits of open carry.
    You say this like there's an absolute universal standard against which every human who chooses to carry will use in determine whether to OC or CC. Are you that daft? That's like me saying that the benefits to driving an eight thousand pound crew cab superduty far outweigh the benefits of a passenger sedan....unless of course you want to park in a garage in downtown Indy with a 6' clearance, want to get more than 15-18mpg, are afraid of large vehicles, don't want to $.40 more per gallon of fuel. So, no, the benefits of CC do not outweigh the benefits of OC. They only do that for you based on your priorities and personal preferences.

I've seen many people HERE (in the OC vs CC thread) state that they enjoy strangers coming to ask them about their gun. I've met MANY people who OC who don't really have any business carrying in the first place. A lot of times it is evident by attitude, gear selection (uncle mikes softy, fobus, etc), the way they handle their firearm, etc. It's pretty clear. Can I prove it in black and white by reading their minds? Obviously not, but give me a break. If that's what you need, this further proves my point of the types of arguments that OC'ers hang on to.
    So what you're saying is that people who don't do it your way aren't fit to do it at all? Arrogant much?

If you look at the tactical advantages of CC, they so FAR outweigh the benefits of OC it's not even funny. Therefore it's pretty reasonable to deduce that there are other motives present, when they shouldn't be. Survival is about fitting in, why someone would want to stand out in the crowd is far beyond my comprehension.

That's what I think of your posts.

I've been asked to provide pros, I have. I've yet to see one pro for OC. Telling.
    The only thing telling is your rudimentary grasp of logic.

I've provided numerous reputable people advising CC over OC, I've yet to see the opposite. Telling.
    That would matter to me if I gave damn what others thought.

I bet I don't get answers to either of these.
    I bet you don't either because most OCers recognize your weaksauce BS for what it is. Why bother answering a question which is based on a completely fallacious premise in the first place? Particularly when it's so much more fun to point out the absurdity of your thought process.

But I have to prove it to you? I answer your question, and I get no facts back? Laughable. Typical. I'm a bigot and closed minded?

and for the record, ALL banks do not allow guns. You're credibility is now shot as well.

This is unreal.
    Iknowright. I thought you would have recognized your inferiority sooner and given up. Props for perseverance, but you're starting to take it to the "doing the same thing and expecting different results" level.

Comfort has no merit in carrying a gun imo. Don't carry if you want to be comfortable.
    Can you cite the IC for that? I was sure that factor was something each person got to decide for herself, but you seem pretty sure about the infallibility of it. I just want to make sure there aren't any other absolutes that I need to know about.

AIWB is faster.
    For you it might be. It is not for me.

I've addressed this earlier. To sum it up, prove it like you've asked me to? I just showed you evidence of how it wasn't a deterrent, but the REASON the guy was attacked.
    Does it not also put you at risk of being the first person attacked or make you stick out like a sore thumb in a stick situation?
    A sample size of n=1 is not evidence. Moreover, the example you provided is not analogous to the one you used to justify your claim. Being targeted specifically FOR the firearm is not the same as being targeted for murder because you have a firearm.

There are no real cons to CC.
    There are. Without CC we OCers wouldn't have idiotic threads like this to keep us entertained.

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    I realize we live a "free society" where folks (like me) have many and varied opinions. I know what I'm going to say will make some angry. I'm, frankly, past caring.

I carry openly everyday, most recently with my Glock 19 in my new Blackhawk! Serpa level II retention holster. I consider it a responsibility, not unlike carrying insurance, in order to protect my family, myself and those around me - there are a lot of bad, bad people out there. Just lately I have spotted a lot of concealed carry folks while I'm out and about than I've seen in all my life. I sort of understand the thinking but I just think it's dumb.

To me, whether we can or can't conceal carry isn't even part of the issue. If you are not a member of some street gang and you're concealed carrying, IMHO, your losing valuable seconds and potentially inviting trouble where it other wise wouldn't be. I've thought about this for quite a while. The positives for not allowing others to know without a doubt that you are willing to protect yourself doesn't even come close to the negatives.

And I'm just going to say it, if you happen to be one of those people who feel you need to be a secret agent and think you are going unnoticed because your shirt hangs over your firearm so we can't see it, no offense intended, grow up please.

FTFY!

TROLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!

SaintsNSinners

Shooter
    Rating - 94.1%
    16   1   0
    Mar 3, 2012
    At Work in Indy
    I tried carrying common sense once. Everyone just thought it was an old dusty book. I tried carrying it another time but it was real heavy; I later realized it wasn't common sense but my notebook of all my Ingo accounts

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I don't even know where to start. A lot has been covered. Some good..... some bulls&*^t.

Don't know any LEO/military that recommend it? How many LEO/military have you asked????
    I'm prior military, and I mostly OC.

I need to "grow up". Huh? So sailing the 7 seas in a submarine, jumping out of airplanes, scuba diving, working near liquid steel, climbing towers, etc. and I need to "grow up". Gee, I thought I grew up a few decades ago.
    Maybe, you're too concerned with how others carry. Which would be a sign you need to grow up.

Advantages/Disadvantages??? Who the F cares? OC or CC changes on a case by case basis for me. As long as it's legal, why is it bothering you?

I'm trying to get attention...... No, when I try to get attention, I paint my skin purple, and wear a clown nose, with bright orange hair.

I saw one instance where a open carry person had his gun used against him. Statistically that means....... nothing.
    If a bank robber or hooligan or whatever steps into a room, and there is a dozen people, he has too much to pay attention to, to notice your gun right away.
    So carry open. Carry concealed. Who cares?

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Oh. And most of your reasons against OC........ they can be used against you for ANY TYPE OF CARRY.

So, you're using the anti- gunner arguments. Great.

You know CC is not Invisible carry. People can and do notice. Just because LESS people notice does not mean NO people notice.

You better not carry, children see your CC before adults, maybe cause they're at that height. You better not carry, your gun can be taken away.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    Suprised you haven't seen that talked about before..

Someone can correct me if I am wrong, but IIRC correctly it started a few years back with Kirk saying that everytime someone quotes another State's gun laws, as an Indiana law, Rhino owes him a case of ammo..
    I thought it was Texas Law that had to be mentioned

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    I came back to this thread expecting some sort of resolution to the OC/CC debate, and all I see is CPT Nervous butchering the English language.
    What. The. Hell???

Top Bottom