Not open for further replies.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Minshew was his typical, efficient, self. No shock there. 13-of-15 and a TD.

He’s a great backup. Plays safe. Doesn’t make huge mistakes. He just doesn’t have the upside of the Allen’s and Mahomes’ of the world.
    I wasn't really familiar with him, but I did like what I saw. But I've made my goal of staying awake through the first half, so the second half will have to watch me. :):

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Wow. Good for Taylor I guess? :dunno:

He may find out his trade value isn’t as high as he thinks….

Well, if he doesn't want to be here...

iu

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    It seems like the team (and even Irsay personally) is trying to lessen the friction between them and Taylor. Hopefully it works out. I still think a trade would be a win-win for team and Taylor. Irsay has made clear he doesn't agree with my way of thinking.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I still think it’s a long shot that he gets traded. Colts are going to want to get good value for him (1st rounder). I just don’t see a team giving up draft capital AND a big contract to a running back in this market.
    But do we really want someone on the team that doesn't want to be here? Doesn't sound like he'd be "giving it his all" to perform.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    I still think it’s a long shot that he gets traded. Colts are going to want to get good value for him (1st rounder). I just don’t see a team giving up draft capital AND a big contract to a running back in this market.
    But do we really want someone on the team that doesn't want to be here? Doesn't sound like he'd be "giving it his all" to perform.
    Yes, truly a long shot for a trade. But JT asked for a trade and being traded doesn't change his compensation for this year. Presumably the trade team would want to negotiate a new contract but they certainly don't have to. So it sounds more like JT genuinely wants to be on a different team. Unfortunately running backs are really a dime a dozen. JT is special, his play has demonstrated such.

BankShot

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2020
    Clark County
    Yes, truly a long shot for a trade. But JT asked for a trade and being traded doesn't change his compensation for this year. Presumably the trade team would want to negotiate a new contract but they certainly don't have to. So it sounds more like JT genuinely wants to be on a different team. Unfortunately running backs are really a dime a dozen. JT is special, his play has demonstrated such.
    Also, JT may be more open to playing this season on his current contract salary if he goes to a contender. I saw an article this weekend that said Miami had contacted the Colts about Taylor. Can you imagine that offense with JT mixed in with the Miami passing attack.

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN

Think about it though.

How would playing poorly help Taylor get a big contract?

If he sits out, he loses a bajillion dollars.

If he plays poorly, no team is going to give him a big contract.

The only way Taylor gets a big contract is he absolutely balls out this season and stays healthy. Then he can hit free agency and sign whatever contract he can get. That’s literally his only option.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Think about it though.

How would playing poorly help Taylor get a big contract?

If he sits out, he loses a bajillion dollars.

If he plays poorly, no team is going to give him a big contract.

The only way Taylor gets a big contract is he absolutely balls out this season and stays healthy. Then he can hit free agency and sign whatever contract he can get. That’s literally his only option.
    Yeah, I do see your point I guess. But how much is he going to be willing to sacrifice his body to possible injuries that could end or hinder his career for a team that he doesn't want to be with?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom