• Status
    Not open for further replies.

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    Yeah, I do see your point I guess. But how much is he going to be willing to sacrifice his body to possible injuries that could end or hinder his career for a team that he doesn't want to be with?

I bet 40% of NFL players are playing for teams that they don’t want to play for. Everybody wants to either be on a contender or get a big contract. But the almighty dollar always wins. If your team isn’t going to resign you, then the only way to get a big contract is by playing awesome and hitting free agency.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I bet 40% of NFL players are playing for teams that they don’t want to play for. Everybody wants to either be on a contender or get a big contract. But the almighty dollar always wins. If your team isn’t going to resign you, then the only way to get a big contract is by playing awesome and hitting free agency.
    See, that's the difference between young guys showing promise, and old guys like me that are counting down the days to retirement. I'm just like, "Please let me not get fired or laid off before I turn 67!" :lmfao:

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    Don’t get me wrong, Jonathon Taylor is an amazing football player. He’s got incredible talent. Unfortunately he plays running back, and that position has been severely devalued recently. Offenses don’t cater to them anymore, unless you’re a duel threat like Alvin Kamara or Christian McKaffery.

So the reader’s digest version is: He’s an amazing player. Probably the best one on our team. The timing just absolutely sucks for him. The market ain’t what it used to be.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Don’t get me wrong, Jonathon Taylor is an amazing football player. He’s got incredible talent. Unfortunately he plays running back, and that position has been severely devalued recently. Offenses don’t cater to them anymore, unless you’re a duel threat like Alvin Kamara or Christian McKaffery.

So the reader’s digest version is: He’s an amazing player. Probably the best one on our team. The timing just absolutely sucks for him. The market ain’t what it used to be.
    He should learn to code! :):

BankShot

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2020
    Clark County
    That's all true, but as a coach I always hated to deal with the players that didn't want to be there. :wallbash: It was obviously very different. The kids I was coaching in basketball, soccer and track were not playing for contracts, but those players could be a distraction and a real pain in the butt. :lmfao:

Last edited:

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    “It’s still more likely that no one will want to make the move at this stage of the offseason. Again, it should have happened in March.”

“Then again, Ekeler got permission to shop himself in March and found no takers then. While Taylor is younger and better, it might be impossible to find a team that will satisfy both the Colts and Taylor, and then reconfigure their offense to get an immediate return on their investment.”

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I like that Florio does not always take a position and ride it, he talks things out.

“Think about that one for a moment, if you will. There are 31 other teams in the league. And only six of them — less than 20 percent — even picked up the phone and called?”

“Teams call other teams all the time, about any and all possibilities for trades. But with one of the best running backs in football available, only six teams even called the Colts? And only two actually made offers?”

“My first reaction to the reported deadline of Tuesday was that the Colts plan to take the best offer they get by then. After talking it through with Chris Simms on PFT Livethis morning, it occurred to me that maybe the deadline comes from the fact that interest has been spotty — and that at some point the experiment needs to end.”

“Again, someone has to give the Colts what they want. Someone has to give Taylor what he wants (unless he’s willing to accept a trade without a new deal in place). And someone has to then justify the move by making Taylor the centerpiece of the office, or something close to it.”

“Maybe it’s just not happening.”

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis

If this is true it obviously shows the Colts aren't the sole problem in their business relationship.
    I can't fathom being so full of yourself that you can't grasp A- honor the multi million dollar contract you signed. And B- practice and play in a manner that shows you are again 100% healthy and deserving of a higher paying contract. For me, it's hard to respect a guy like that. Wouldn't hurt my feelings if he has to be paid anyway to see him just ride the proverbial pine pony for a few games as a back up. Just for a little reality check.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom