• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    As I said, RB’s are in a market, their value has gone down and they are not worth as much in today’s market. Sorry for them but the rules of the game have evolved to where we are. Cold hard facts…

“Steelers General Manager Omar Khan says the running back pay debate in the NFL isn’t complicated: In a league with a salary cap, every dollar spent on one player is a dollar that can’t be spent on another player. And NFL teams recognize that spending on quarterbacks does more to help a team win than spending on running backs.”

You don’t have to be a mathematician to figure it out, but when quarterbacks’ salaries start increasing at the rate that they’re increasing, at some point, it’s going to have a residual effect somewhere on the roster,” Khan said, via the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review.”

“Khan said pay for quarterbacks has grown faster than the salary cap, which means teams have to find another position to spend less on. And running backs are the choice.”

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    I think you can easily make the argument that the place-kicker is a more important position than the running back is to the team's overall success, and harder to replace a really good one.

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    I think you can easily make the argument that the place-kicker is a more important position than the running back is to the team's overall success, and harder to replace a really good one.

No doubt.

I can see JT’s side too though. He’s the best player on offense. He’s on the side of Lucas Oil for crying out loud.

BankShot

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2020
    Clark County
    Why would the Colts trade him? He’s a top 5 running back on a cheap contract. If he sits the whole season out, then that’s on him.
    It depends on how likely he is to sit out. If the Colts believe he is willing to sit out the entire season, then it might be better to get something for him now instead of getting nothing for him later. Having a player on the team that doesn't want to be there sometimes doesn't go well for either side.

BankShot

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2020
    Clark County
    My preference would be for them to work out something reasonable for both sides. Maybe there is still a chance for that. JT might not be able to find a team to give him what he wants in this market.

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    My preference would be for them to work out something reasonable for both sides. Maybe there is still a chance for that. JT might not be able to find a team to give him what he wants in this market.

I honestly think this is probably the most likely scenario. Let him play out this contract. Tag him next year and then see what happens from there.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I honestly think this is probably the most likely scenario. Let him play out this contract. Tag him next year and then see what happens from there.
    Wasn't it just a few months ago JT was saying he wanted to be a Colt for the rest of his career? What has changed that position? Is it just about the money? I really enjoy the game as entertainment. But, for greed I will never understand why there always seems to be one guy wanting to be traded, in their mind for more money than what is in the contract they signed. I get wanting a new contract, but at least honor the one you signed and deal with a new contract or trade when you're closing out the last season of it.
    Obviously it wouldn't hurt for the Colts to at least listen to trade offers, but I could understand drawing a line in the sand too.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Whelp……

Stupidest thing JT could possibly have done. Well, short of sitting out when the Colts inevitably call his bluff.

That clown of an agent was the worst thing that could have happened to JT. The market is what it is. His position (coming off a down, injury-riddled season, and entering this season/camp by failing his physical) is what it is. He's in no position to demand a contract extension/renegotiation. He has zero leverage. The Colts have all the leverage.

And now, JT has burned all of his PR and goodwill bridges with the organization and with fans.

The only thing he can hope to do at this point is: drop is jackwagon agent, shut up and play, ball out, restore his reputation, and hope the Colts still want to negotiate later in the season and/or after they tag him next offseason.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom