Not open for further replies.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Yep. After all the Luck injury debacle/saga, they’re gonna slow play every injury. Be uber conservative on any timelines.
    And I can see that. You want to keep someone like Leonard on the field when you can. Yes he's a team motivator even on the sidelines, but that's not going to win games by itself.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    So I have been having fun asking when Richardson will start. I’m leaning week one. What say you guys?

I heard Dan Orlovsky say something pretty shortly after he was drafted and it’s where I’m at as well.

Unless Richardson shows that he is completely incapable of playing the position and running the offense, you start him. Make him show that he can’t do it before you think about starting Minshew.

Yes of course there will be some rough moments and rough games. But unless he’s just an absolute liability out there and is going to get himself or his teammates hurt, you play him.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I heard Dan Orlovsky say something pretty shortly after he was drafted and it’s where I’m at as well.

Unless Richardson shows that he is completely incapable of playing the position and running the offense, you start him. Make him show that he can’t do it before you think about starting Minshew.

Yes of course there will be some rough moments and rough games. But unless he’s just an absolute liability out there and is going to get himself or his teammates hurt, you play him.
    Several knowledgeable football guys think the Colts will follow the Mahomes pattern with Richardson on the bench and Minshew playing the Alex Smith part…

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    Taylor doesn’t really have a lot of leverage.

“He’s your top offensive player.”

That’s probably true. He had statistically the best year a Colts running back has ever had in 2021…and we missed the playoffs….

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Taylor’s agent responds. Sounds like negotiations have definitely soured.

And they should. It is a market and top players are being let go because they can be replaced cheap. The RB is not the focal point they once were in the game. There are a few that are a little better than the pack but not like the major differences between Mahomes and the #10th best QB, not even looking at the difference between the #28th.

One other thing, if RB’s are paid more, that extra money doesn’t come from the owners, it comes from other positions. The teams have a salary cap max and min, the CBA specifies the percentage of the take the players get, that is then divided among the positions and players.

JT should do everything possible to make AR look good and play well and they might just break the bank for him.

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    Leonard was basically a full participant again during day 2 practice. Very encouraging.

Richardson got to work with the 1st team offense. Highlight was him rolling out of the pocket and hitting Alec Pierce for a 50-60yd bomb TD.

Another day with no major injury reports. Always my fear this time of year. Just stay healthy boys.

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    Taylor doesn’t really have a lot of leverage.

“He’s your top offensive player.”

That’s probably true. He had statistically the best year a Colts running back has ever had in 2021…and we missed the playoffs….

Seems there are 10 or so running backs in the draft every year that can be signed for cheap and be serviceable for 2-3 years. They blow out a knee and you just go get another.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom