• Status
    Not open for further replies.

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    Well, at some point he took had to feel he was capable of playing at a certain level. He/we/ everyone knew last season was a bust. If he didn't think he was good to go, then that makes his choice all the more stupid. I mean so many applaud Luck for retiring when he did. So if JT was really looking out for his health and future he wouldn't have played while injured. So IMO he shares any blame for the re-injury is partly on him.

The team has to look out for the team and make sure he is healthy and able to play at the level he did before the injury. They're not wrong for that. Clearly the guy is only looking out for himself and that puts the team in position to look out for the team ahead of one individual with an inflated head on his shoulders.

Taylor has shown that he was a top back before injury. But the world is different than it was a year and a half ago. No team wants to pay mega buck for a player whose current ability is in question. IMO, a big mistake was showing up to camp and trying to force a deal before being able to take a snap.

For sure Taylor carries a big part of the burden for how the drama has played out this summer. He hired his clown of an agent and has listened to his horrible advice.

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    Gotta imagine they get it figured out at some point, but man the Bengals are just off so far this season. Maybe it’s just Burrow playing timid with the injuries he’s had to deal with. Hard to say. They’ve got too many good players to waste Burrow’s prime.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Shocked I tell ya. Shocked.

Guarantee we’ll still be bottom 10 in every “power ranking” this week. :rolleyes:
    Not this one…

14. Colts (2-1, No. 24): Nearly 40 years after they snuck out of Baltimore, the Colts showed up and stole the home team’s lunch money.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Oh I know. I'm just saying that faking an injury to "enhance" your contract negotiations is a bad look. And I think that's what he's been doing. I'd rather have a "good" RB than a primadonna hold out.
    That JT faked an injury remains an unsubstantiated theory. All we know is that he must have failed a physical coming into camp, otherwise he couldn't/wouldn't have been placed on PUP.

I believe the injury was real, and will continue to believe that unless/until evidence to the contrary is presented.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    I want someone that wants to be here. He has said he doesn't want to be here. How can you trust someone to work for the team when they don't want to be a part of the team?
    Not trying to pile on... that he requested a trade doesn't mean that he doesn't want to be here/part of the team. It is not uncommon for frustrated players to request a trade as part of contract negotiations/gamesmanship.

Does anyone believe that LJ doesn't want to be with the Ravens?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Rams look beatable.

Stop the run and pressure Stafford.

Luckily, those are the two things our defense has been best at so far.
    Pressuring Stafford is always the right strategy. I've been a Stafford fan since he became a Lion. Was happy to see him win a Superbowl. Dude's got grit. But you pressure him every down and he'll start making mistakes, eating sacks, throwing to the other team, fumbling, etcetera.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Pressuring Stafford is always the right strategy. I've been a Stafford fan since he became a Lion. Was happy to see him win a Superbowl. Dude's got grit. But you pressure him every down and he'll start making mistakes, eating sacks, throwing to the other team, fumbling, etcetera.
    The Colts' defensive front should eat against that Rams O line.

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN

Yep.

On the flipside, he has a howitzer for an arm and we have a young secondary.

If the front 7 can’t control the game like they have been the past couple weeks then it could be a long day.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom