DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Well yeah. Obviously.

But if anybody is trying to convince themselves that, going forward, the Colts are a better team with Moss over Taylor…..uhhhh…..yeah….
    Oh I know. I'm just saying that faking an injury to "enhance" your contract negotiations is a bad look. And I think that's what he's been doing. I'd rather have a "good" RB than a primadonna hold out.

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    Oh I know. I'm just saying that faking an injury to "enhance" your contract negotiations is a bad look. And I think that's what he's been doing. I'd rather have a "good" RB than a primadonna hold out.

1) The team put him on PUP. If they actually thought he was faking, something would’ve happened before now.

2) Prima Donna or not, he’s the best in the league. The league is full of prima donna’s. You wouldn’t want AJ Brown on this team? Stefon Diggs?

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    2) Prima Donna or not, he’s he was the best in the league last year. The league is full of prima donna’s. You wouldn’t want AJ Brown on this team? Stefon Diggs?
    I want someone that wants to be here. He has said he doesn't want to be here. How can you trust someone to work for the team when they don't want to be a part of the team?

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    I want someone that wants to be here. He has said he doesn't want to be here. How can you trust someone to work for the team when they don't want to be a part of the team?

I want to win games. Taylor gives us the best chance to win games.

Literally the one and only way he gets a contract anywhere is to come out and play hard and look like the best running back in football.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I want to win games. Taylor gives us the best chance to win games.

Literally the one and only way he gets a contract anywhere is to come out and play hard and look like the best running back in football.
    I agree, but it's just hard for me to trust the man right now. It's still like he's going to be playing "under duress". And how supportive are his teammates going to be? Are they going to be carrying a chip on their shoulder from his shenanigans?

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Well... how many yards has JT gotten this year compared to Moss? :whistle: I think in order to be a good RB you actually have to... you know... run the ball.

Blind-Side-New.jpg

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    I agree, but it's just hard for me to trust the man right now. It's still like he's going to be playing "under duress". And how supportive are his teammates going to be? Are they going to be carrying a chip on their shoulder from his shenanigans?

I think his teammates are probably more on his side than you think. They all know the league is a business. Nobody is going to fight for you. The team will dump you in a heartbeat. You have to get as much money as you can as soon as you can.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I think his teammates are probably more on his side than you think. They all know the league is a business. Nobody is going to fight for you. The team will dump you in a heartbeat. You have to get as much money as you can as soon as you can.
    Yeah, I get that and you're probably right with the money thing, but I don't like that he said he didn't want to be here. That's a sticking point for me.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    I've known people who were married for 50 years that at times said stuff about wanting out and later were glad they stayed.

In the heat of the moment some people say things they might not really mean.

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    Yeah, I get that and you're probably right with the money thing, but I don't like that he said he didn't want to be here. That's a sticking point for me.

If I can play devil’s advocate

From Taylor’s point of view, the team forced him to come back last year before he was fully healthy. Which caused him to get re-injured and miss more time then he should have.

And now the team’s all like, “Well you’ve had some injuries so let’s see if you can stay healthy before we even think about paying you what you’re worth.”

Taylor thinks he’s already shown that he’s a top back (he is) and should get payed like one (he’s right).

The team brought in a whole new coaching staff and wanted to wait and see how everyone fit before paying him (also right).

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    If I can play devil’s advocate

From Taylor’s point of view, the team forced him to come back last year before he was fully healthy. Which caused him to get re-injured and miss more time then he should have.

And now the team’s all like, “Well you’ve had some injuries so let’s see if you can stay healthy before we even think about paying you what you’re worth.”

Taylor thinks he’s already shown that he’s a top back (he is) and should get payed like one (he’s right).

The team brought in a whole new coaching staff and wanted to wait and see how everyone fit before paying him (also right).
    Well, at some point he took had to feel he was capable of playing at a certain level. He/we/ everyone knew last season was a bust. If he didn't think he was good to go, then that makes his choice all the more stupid. I mean so many applaud Luck for retiring when he did. So if JT was really looking out for his health and future he wouldn't have played while injured. So IMO he shares any blame for the re-injury is partly on him.

The team has to look out for the team and make sure he is healthy and able to play at the level he did before the injury. They're not wrong for that. Clearly the guy is only looking out for himself and that puts the team in position to look out for the team ahead of one individual with an inflated head on his shoulders.

Taylor has shown that he was a top back before injury. But the world is different than it was a year and a half ago. No team wants to pay mega buck for a player whose current ability is in question. IMO, a big mistake was showing up to camp and trying to force a deal before being able to take a snap.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom