• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Kdf101

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    Sullivan County
    I think AR has a big upside potential, but he has to learn to sta healthy. The injuries he took this year were a direct result of his playing style. That can be coached out of him. QB’s can’t take those kind of hits long and still be effective. With just a few tweaks to his playing style, he can still be a run threat with a big arm.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I think the “risks” AR took this season have been way overblown. I may watch more football than anyone on this thread, never missed a Thursday, watched two games simultaneously many times this season in one or both early and late afternoon games, and never missed a Sunday or Monday night game.

That said I did not see AR taking risks beyond what most other QB’s took. AR’s body may not hold up, but I just do not see that whole coach the run out of him. This is what the position has evolved to. Peyton Manning‘s game is over, so is Brady’s.

That said, there is risk in acquiring those previously injured, it was fascinating to look at the dolphins, most of the players missing from the playoffs were those acquired with an injury history before the phins got them. They took a risk on acquiring some very fast players, the fastest team in the league looked pretty bad with $44 million dollars worth of players off the field…

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    Well. People get to hate who and what they hate. I don’t habe to agree.
    No where in this thread have I indicated that I hate AR. There are a couple in here that scream "hater" if you don't fall in line with their way of thinking.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    No where in this thread have I indicated that I hate AR. There are a couple in here that scream "hater" if you don't fall in line with their way of thinking.
    I am not gonna get in the middle of that. I’m not implying you’re a hater. I’m saying my general outlook is to not hate haters. Just like I don’t automatically like likers. :):

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    From Playoff games I just don't see the QB's running paying off. Josh Allen is an exception with 8 runs. He was the only winning QB with more than 3 runs. He is also very good at "the slide".

Browns/Texans. Total QB runs = 4
    Dolphins/Chiefs. Total QB runs = 2
    Packers/Cowboys. Total QB runs = 7, Cowboys 6 times in loss
    Rams/Lions. Total QB runs = 3
    Steelers/Bills. Total QB runs = 10
    Eagles/Bucs. Total QB runs = 3

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    From Playoff games I just don't see the QB's running paying off. Josh Allen is an exception with 8 runs. He was the only winning QB with more than 3 runs. He is also very good at "the slide".

Browns/Texans. Total QB runs = 4
    Dolphins/Chiefs. Total QB runs = 2
    Packers/Cowboys. Total QB runs = 7, Cowboys 6 times in loss
    Rams/Lions. Total QB runs = 3
    Steelers/Bills. Total QB runs = 10
    Eagles/Bucs. Total QB runs = 3

How old are you? Genuinely curious.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    It seems like the "running qb" comes and goes every so often. While a rpo offense can certainly succede in the right circumstances, pocket passer never go out of style. It appears that Stroud is a pocket passer, just sayin'.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I don’t think drop back passers are obsolete. But it really depends on the skills of the QB in terms of how they beat you or if they beat you. A competitor will find a way using whatever skills they have. Like that short ****er whatsisname…49’ers. Brock Purdy. Not the most athletic. Not the fastest. But damn he can play. He’s not as athletic as Dak Prescott. But he wins.

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    I don’t think drop back passers are obsolete. But it really depends on the skills of the QB in terms of how they beat you or if they beat you. A competitor will find a way using whatever skills they have. Like that short ****er whatsisname…49’ers. Brock Purdy. Not the most athletic. Not the fastest. But damn he can play. He’s not as athletic as Dak Prescott. But he wins.
    Stop with that crazy talk!!!!!! :lol2:

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    Reading and adjusting to a defense rapidly on the fly is paramount for a qb. Peyton could never run. He could however read, anticipate, adjust and complete a play very, very well. He might be an exceptional exception, but his mental skill exceeded his physical skill. Tammy Brady anybody.... Not a runner and could still play if he were younger.

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    Reading and adjusting to a defense rapidly on the fly is paramount for a qb. Peyton could never run. He could however read, anticipate, adjust and complete a play very, very well. He might be an exceptional exception, but his mental skill exceeded his physical skill. Tammy Brady anybody.... Not a runner and could still play if he were younger.
    Let's just see if they pile on you for saying the same thing I have been saying. Excellent post :cheers:

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN

And Peyton won a grand total of 1 Super Bowl in his prime with the Colts in 13 years. Then he was dragged (drug?) to another SB with a historically good defense.

The 49ers are STACKED with all pros at every level on offense and defense. Put Purdy on a mediocre team and see how he does. The one game he didn’t have Debo Samuel, he threw 4 INT’s and was benched for Sam Darnold.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom