jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    It happens every year in the NFL.

Two or three teams are juggernauts fighting for a ring.

Two or three teams are dumpster fires fighting for the 1st pick.

The rest of the teams are basically all the same. The difference between a 7 win team and a 10 or 11 win team is so minuscule. One ball bounces another way or one field goal drifts left instead of drifting right makes all the difference.
    I think there's a more important difference in class between 7-win and 11-win. But if you're not talking about the competence class a team is in, that you're saying is that bad luck puts ether class out of the playoffs, yeah.

The highlighted reminds me of the infamous double doink. The Bears were 12-4. Eagles were 9-7. It doesn't matter that the Bears were 3 games better. Just the slightest change in any one of many parameters could have bounced it in instead of out and ended the Eagles season instead of the Bears.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    And somehow those dumpster fires find a way to beat a juggernaut or two…
    Sometimes I guess there are situations where enough key players on a **** team play in the zone on one side, and enough key players on a juggernaut play like ****, it can really affect the outcome. Maybe it you that said something to the effect that it's what makes the NFL fun to watch, because the outcome of the games aren't always fixed by strength of the teams playing. I think that's true.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Sometimes I guess there are situations where enough key players on a **** team play in the zone on one side, and enough key players on a juggernaut play like ****, it can really affect the outcome. Maybe it you that said something to the effect that it's what makes the NFL fun to watch, because the outcome of the games aren't always fixed by strength of the teams playing. I think that's true.
    Colts have benefited from a relatively “easier” schedule this year. Now of course credit to them for playing who was in front of them and putting themselves into a position to make the playoffs. Curious to see how see they do next season.

Another factor is the NFL schedule formula. Besides the AFC & NFC divisions the AFC South must face, if a team finishes first they also must play three first place teams and on down…

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Who do I root for today?
    I don’t really think it matters. I think there’s still a theoretical chance the colts make the playoffs. I’d say just root for who you like or against who you hate.

I’m rooting for KC, NYG, and SF.

Because: I like Mahomes. I hate the Eagles. I like Purdy.

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    Another factor is the NFL schedule formula. Besides the AFC & NFC divisions the AFC South must face, if a team finishes first they also must play three first place teams and on down…

Another aspect of this.

If we win the division, that would mean that our games outside of the ones listed above would be against other division leaders. I believe that would mean Ravens, Chiefs, and Niners. I think.

As a reference, because of how we finished last season, this season we played the Patriots, Raiders, and Rams.

Next year’s schedule could be significantly more difficult.

Yep. Brought this up last Thursday

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom