• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    “On Saturday, game coverage begins at 3:00 p.m. ET on NBC and Peacock. First Bengals-Steelers will be televised by NBC and Peacock, before the 8:00 p.m. ET Bills-Chargers game, only on Peacock.”

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Do you mean no one is close to the NFL, or the figures are inaccurate? Some of those figures seem really low to me.
    I suspect it is a self fulfilling prophecy, how many MLB games are broadcast nationally? I truly have no idea. There are only 272 NFL games in the regular season. About 80 of those are stand alone games, in a typical week four are stand alone games but then when we get to the holidays we have thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years there are extras.

The other sports just do not get the coverage the NFL gets. Kind of a chicken or egg question, which came first? Fans and coverage for those fans or coverage to draw fans?

IndyGal65

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Speedway, IN
    I'm a huge baseball fan (Cubbies and Reds), but there are so many games that it's more of a sit back, relax, and have a beer kind of season (until the playoffs...Playoffs??!!). The action is admittedly anemic compared to the NFL. Heck, I'm sitting here watching 2 teams that I don't really care about (Rams and Saints), nor do I have any fantasy football players on either team. However, just knowing that the season is drawing close to the end compels me to watch it anyway.

Last edited:

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Last edited:

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    ESPN‘s computers can go suck a bag of *****.

They actually are predicting the Colts as a 6 seed going to Jacksonville with a chance for the Colts to break the hex that the Jags have on them in Jacksonville…

“Colts beat the Texans to grab a wild-card spot: With the Browns and Dolphins locked into two wild-card spots, there was one playoff spot remaining. The Bengals and Broncos had taken themselves out of the race by Week 18, while the Colts and Texans squared off to see who could get to 11 wins and grab the playoff berth. In this simulation, Gardner Minshew and the Colts beat out C.J. Stroud and Houston, winning 34-24 and earning Indianapolis the No. 6 seed.”

“Indianapolis actually tied Jacksonville with 11 wins, but the Jaguars -- who beat the Colts twice this season -- won the AFC South via tiebreaker.”

tbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    They actually are predicting the Colts as a 6 seed going to Jacksonville with a chance for the Colts to break the hex that the Jags have on them in Jacksonville…

“Colts beat the Texans to grab a wild-card spot: With the Browns and Dolphins locked into two wild-card spots, there was one playoff spot remaining. The Bengals and Broncos had taken themselves out of the race by Week 18, while the Colts and Texans squared off to see who could get to 11 wins and grab the playoff berth. In this simulation, Gardner Minshew and the Colts beat out C.J. Stroud and Houston, winning 34-24 and earning Indianapolis the No. 6 seed.”

“Indianapolis actually tied Jacksonville with 11 wins, but the Jaguars -- who beat the Colts twice this season -- won the AFC South via tiebreaker.”
    Sorry, CBS. Wrong link. I'm reading WAY too much playoff stuff:

"The computer almost malfunctioned trying to figure out who's going to get the final playoff spot in the AFC between the Colts, Texans and Bengals (8-6). In the end, the Texans got the nod. The computer is giving them a 59.1% chance of making the playoffs, compared to a 58.7% chance for Indy and a 43.5% chance for the Bengas. However, the Texans could be in some trouble this weekend with C.J. Stroud expected to miss another game. A loss by Houston would open the door for Indy or Cincinnati to steal the AFC's final playoff spot. Remaining schedule: Browns, Titans, at Colts."

***Ironhead***

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2008
    Morgan county
    Despite it looking nasty, Pittman didn’t really get hit in the head. I guess his self diagnosis that night (“I’m all good”) was spot on.
    He probably would say that regardless. He is tough as nails. They really need to get him some help. Downs has been a pleasant surprise but the need another wide/slot receiver and a pass catching Tight end IMO, not matter who is QB.

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    He probably would say that regardless. He is tough as nails. They really need to get him some help. Downs has been a pleasant surprise but the need another wide/slot receiver and a pass catching Tight end IMO, not matter who is QB.

The passing catching TE was supposed to be Jelani Woods, but he hasn’t seen the field hard at all this year.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Well, at least my Peacock subscription is useful for something besides INDYCAR.
    I got too many subscriptions as it is. When I had cable I never subscribed to premium content. Just basic cable. I don't know why it seems different for streaming services. Gotta draw a line tho. I'm not subscribing to Peacock. I've dropped Paramount and Disney. Prolly will nix Netflix soon. I rarely watch that anyway. Guess I'll keep amazon prime.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom