• Status
    Not open for further replies.

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    Okay. Jawing about who the better choice for the Colts QB aside, everyone thought Brice Young was the right guy. Except I thought he's too small to be successful in the NFL. 29th.

If Young would have been on the table would the Colts have picked him? I don't think so.

I was also a Stroud guy in the draft. Elite accuracy with adequate athleticism.

Once I knew he wasn’t an option for the Colts, then I was all-in on Richardson.

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    And temporary. Will Levis's ranking be permanently in the basement? That is less certain.
    After last night's second half I think he'll be ok. He's on the field learning the position. He like AR has got to learn to slide to prevent injury. Hero ball doesn't cut it for long in the NFL.

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    Okay. Jawing about who the better choice for the Colts QB aside, everyone thought Brice Young was the right guy. Except I thought he's too small to be successful in the NFL. 29th.

If Young would have been on the table would the Colts have picked him? I don't think so.
    The Colts picked AR because he was the Combine Queen. Hell they even said so. :nuts:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Our rookie QB has played 1 complete game without injury. He has a history of injuries. So what's your point?
    He puts himself out there. That's the issue with athletic QB's. They take chances. When AR is a runner, he's subject to as violent tackles as any runner.

The Colts knew about AR's medical history. They're taking a chance on him. Titans took a chance on Levis. Not on injuries as much as just improving his talent. So the question I asked before is essentially what is the biggest risk? That AR will be injured early and sit out the whole season again? Will Levis be never be better than bottom tier? What's the bigger risk?

Menshew is ranked 12 in adjusted QBR. This season, the Colts are better off with AR sitting out the season and Minshew behind center than they would have been with Levis.

How much better will Levis be?

How many games will AR miss?

Both are risks. I think there's not a lot of upside left for Levis. Maybe AR will wash up with injuries like RG3. But at least the Colts will be free to chase a top QB. If they picked Levis and he never got much better, how many seasons would the Colts be stuck with him?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    After last night's second half I think he'll be ok. He's on the field learning the position. He like AR has got to learn to slide to prevent injury. Hero ball doesn't cut it for long in the NFL.
    Levis shows moments of goodness (not greatness). So did Trubisky. But yeah, both have some things to learn. AR, because of his athleticism, puts himself out there too much. Drop back passers are less exciting to watch. But they last a lot longer. And the great ones win superbowls.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Yep. Quarterbacks do get injured sometimes……that’s some big brain analysis right there.

Aaron Rodgers
    Deshaun Watson
    Kirk Cousins
    Joe Burrow
    Daniel Jones
    Justin Herbert
    Dude. Just give it up. It's obvious that Will Levis is better than all of these, by virtue of JCSR logic.

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    I love when the butthurt flows in this thread. I think there are at least two here that need grief counseling. :lol2:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom