Not open for further replies.

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus

Looks like I was right about Bryce Young.

Commitment to Bryce Young complicates Panthers' coaching search​

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    Man. So many injuries this year. It’s like NFL players get hurt regardless of play style or history or age or experience or position. Weird.

Also, big loss for the Texans. Could it derail their Cinderella story?

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Man. So many injuries this year. It’s like NFL players get hurt regardless of play style or history or age or experience or position. Weird.

Also, big loss for the Texans. Could it derail their Cinderella story?

I do not find it surprising at all. Technology in training and fitness has enabled athletes to have speed and size that the rest of the body cannot handle. (Bob Sanders was a poster child of this.). Think of it as a car with a 1000hp that still relies on a light duty frame to control power to the wheels. The skeletal structure and ligaments and tendons of a lineman is not much different than ours…

BankShot

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2020
    Clark County
    I do not find it surprising at all. Technology in training and fitness has enabled athletes to have speed and size that the rest of the body cannot handle. (Bob Sanders was a poster child of this.). Think of it as a car with a 1000hp that still relies on a light duty frame to control power to the wheels. The skeletal structure and ligaments and tendons of a lineman is not much different than ours…
    I read an article about this a couple years ago. It talked about how some athlete's muscles were so strong that they were tearing their own ligaments and tendons.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I read an article about this a couple years ago. It talked about how some athlete's muscles were so strong that they were tearing their own ligaments and tendons.
    Happens to pitchers all the time. Throwing 95+ consistently and their elbows just explode.
    So at the end of the day there is a baseline of what can be consistently achieved by the body without injury and super freaks are more likely to suffer injury…

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    So at the end of the day there is a baseline of what can be consistently achieved by the body without injury and super freaks are more likely to suffer injury…

They’re all super freaks in the NFL. All of them.

The third string tackle on the Panthers is more athletic than anyone you’ve ever met.

They’re all exceeding the limits of normal humans. They’re all top-fuel dragsters running on the ragged edge.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis

The third string tackle on the Panthers is more athletic than anyone you’ve ever met.

They’re all exceeding the limits of normal humans. They’re all top-fuel dragsters running on the ragged edge.
    Well that's just a bit of an exaggeration, but the point is fairly accurate.

I've been around some NFL players in the wild and comparing them all to being the top fuel dragsters of the sport just doesn't hold water. Yes, those who play what are often referred to as weapons positions that would be a fair assessment though.

When you start talking about linemen, those that I've known were really very similar to some power lifters that I've known. Still sorta freakish but moreso because of the time they're able to dedicate to simply working out.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    Well that's just a bit of an exaggeration, but the point is fairly accurate.

I've been around some NFL players in the wild and comparing them all to being the top fuel dragsters of the sport just doesn't hold water. Yes, those who play what are often referred to as weapons positions that would be a fair assessment though.

When you start talking about linemen, those that I've known were really very similar to some power lifters that I've known. Still sorta freakish but moreso because of the time they're able to dedicate to simply working out.

And power lifters get injured all the time.

They’re all at the limits of what humans can do.

That’s why they’re in the pros and not selling cars in Des Moines.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom