• Status
    Not open for further replies.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Just curious where you came up with this point? There are only five owners younger than Jim. For the most part it has been an old man’s game. Heck, you have to have $2-3 billion in cash to even be considered a majority owner.

I always appreciated that Irsay was not a meddling owner all over like Jerry Jones who was 77 to Irsay’s 61 when the article was written in early 2021. Mike Brown owner of the bungles is 84.

I guess my wording may not have been the best. No he isn't as old as others and I agree it seems he is less meddling than other team owners. However, in recent interview snippets I've seen with Jim the last couple years, he is starting to sound less coherent. Maybe some of that has been induced by good bourbon or something else medicinal. Sometimes just makes me wonder if he is all there

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Huh? How the hell did you figure that?
    I define meddling owner by Jerry Jones. That guy does more media than the stars. It is well known Jones has tumultuous relations with coaches because he micro manages them, is constantly involved in player personnel, play calling, and contracts. I have never heard that about Irsay.

That said at the end of the day he is the owner…

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central

Do you think Andrew Luck ever feels guilty for agreeing to a contract, then at the worst possible moment quitting? I agree he can do as he pleases but he should also be called out for quitting the team and the fans. That meme misses one key point, Luck poured the gas and struck the match…

Last edited:

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Apart from Irsay and Ballard being a dumpster fire, I do think Jeff Saturday did well at the press conference.

He’s not a dumb guy. He wasn’t afraid to shout and fight with Peyton Manning. I really don’t see him lasting past this season, but who knows.

I’ll be shocked if we finish with more than 5 wins.
    How many do they have now?

BankShot

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2020
    Clark County

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    That's probably a good thing. Allows Saturday to assess the game/play without the added headache of calling plays at the same time.
    I truly believe that was a big factor in Reich's play calling being so predictably vanilla
    Funny that Hackett in Denver has the same issue, cannot manage the team and call all the plays.

Jack of all trades is a master of none…

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Funny that Hackett in Denver has the same issue, cannot manage the team and call all the plays.

Jack of all trades is a master of none…
    I was thinking about this just a few days ago. Seems like in the past 6 or 8 years there has been a shift to more head coaches calling plays rather than having the OC taking the lead on play calls.
    I'm not convinced very many can do it well

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom