• Status
    Not open for further replies.

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    Obviously I’m not a sports writer, but I have some thoughts like I’m sure most Colts fans do. So here goes.

It would be hard for me to say that this week’s game against the Texans is a “must win” game. As a divisional opponent, these games do count for more as far as playoff seeding, but with so many games left in the regular season, I can’t go so far as to say “must win”. What I do think this game will show us is to what level we can trust this Colts team. The year has been up and down so far. We’ve seen dumb losses (Raiders) and dominating wins (Chiefs). With this next opponent, I’m not sure there are many teams in the NFL playing better than Houston right now. When their o-line keeps Watson clean he’s been an MVP-caliber quarterback. Our starting cornerbacks Kenny Moore and Pierre Desir have both missed some practice time this week which is not usually what you see after a bye week. There is no doubt that DeAndre Hopkins is a stud receiver, and with Will Fuller back in the Houston lineup and playing well it leaves me with a very uneasy feeling about our secondary. Yes we will get some big time juice from Darius Leonard playing, and he’s shown the ability to limit Watson when he’s gone off script or scrambled. With Kemoko Turay out for the season, I’m just not convinced that our defense has been consistent enough through the first 5 games to be able to slow down the high powered Houston offense.

On offense, Reich and Co have been exactly who they said they were going to be. Run heavy. Colts are a top 5 rushing team through 6 weeks. No doubt they WILL run the football on Sunday. Where my concern lies is the other skill positions. Outside of TY, who has consistently torched Houston, there hasn’t been another receiver or tight end really step up. Ebron’s struggled with drops. Doyle is Mr Consistent but he’s not a game changing athlete. Campbell is out with the abdominal injury. Funchess is out for another month. Cain has yet to show the break out ability that we’ve seen the past couple years in training camp. If I’m the Texans, I’m loading the box to slow down the run and doubling Hilton all day.

This is such a coin flip game. When it doubt, go with the better quarterback. I see this one going 27 - 24 Houston. And I really hope I’m wrong.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    At Indy is good for a 3 1/2 point bonus.
    Indy MUST put on a vicious pass rush and put pads in the ribs of Watson to be effective.
    Indy will be fine.
    WE.... as fans are becoming spoiled to extremes. Anyone remember the Colts under Pagano and Grigson? What a friggen' fustercluck under those clowns.
    This team under Reich and Ballard will be competitive. IF the ball bounces right we can beat most teams in the NFL.

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    Pierre Desir is active for this game. Kenny Moore and Malik Hooker still out.

Desir, along with the scheme, has been able to lock down Hopkins the past couple games. It’ll be interesting to see how the defense deals with Hopkins now that Will Fuller is back healthy and playing.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Wings are in the oven. Should be ready right about kick off time or shortly after! Go Colts!!

That's good news about Desir CP! Am I imagining things, or did I hear a rumor that Darius Leonard was talking about retiring? This was last week sometime I think. Had the tv on in the background and wasn't paying close attention. Haven't heard anything else about it since.

Oh wait... Here we go. It was speculation fueled by a comment he made, but he is NOT considering retirement and never said anything indicating he was. Whew!

Darius Leonard: 'Retirement never' came from me - NFL.com

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    Wings are in the oven. Should be ready right about kick off time or shortly after! Go Colts!!

That's good news about Desir CP! Am I imagining things, or did I hear a rumor that Darius Leonard was talking about retiring? This was last week sometime I think. Had the tv on in the background and wasn't paying close attention. Haven't heard anything else about it since.

Oh wait... Here we go. It was speculation fueled by a comment he made, but he is NOT considering retirement and never said anything indicating he was. Whew!

Darius Leonard: 'Retirement never' came from me - NFL.com

Yeah Bleacher Report put that out there with a lot of inference from what he actually said. I’m sure it got a lot of clicks, so they got what they wanted out of it.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Yeah Bleacher Report put that out there with a lot of inference from what he actually said. I’m sure it got a lot of clicks, so they got what they wanted out of it.

That makes sense. I'm sure we'd have been hearing about it on the local news every day last week if were true, not to mention on NFL Today.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Defense got the job done (with help from Houston's illegal formation penalties). Beautiful day to have the roof open, but it makes it hard to see on tv.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    At least they kept them out of the end zone. 14-9. I didn't see how Houston got down the field so fast. I went inside for a minute and came back out and it was 2nd and goal!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom