Not open for further replies.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Well, you can say the schedule is a factor, the Fish and Jets both suck, Washington as well. The Steelers had Ben still in game 1. 33-3. The Bills are actually a good team this year. Gave the Pats their first sorta test.
    Now onto the D. 6.8 points allowed per game. I know there were zero touchdowns through 3 games. alowwing less than 5 yards per play. Some are calling it the best defense Bill has ever put together.
    The Globe has a more realistic take for this point of the year:

https://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/...so-untested/JuMZrKP4ARoNsZOeowx4UI/story.html

Yeah, I can't say they're for real until they've played someone. We'll see what they do in Baltimore (who lead the league in points scored) on 11/3. If they can continue to put up the defensive numbers until then, and then hold the Ravens to around a couple of touchdowns, I'd start to say their defense is the real deal.

Cygnus

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    New England
    Yeah, I can't say they're for real until they've played someone. We'll see what they do in Baltimore (who lead the league in points scored) on 11/3. If they can continue to put up the defensive numbers until then, and then hold the Ravens to around a couple of touchdowns, I'd start to say their defense is the real deal.

Sounds about right. I dont see the Jets or Browns doing much, but it is the NFL. Brady is looking a little like Favre when running or jogging, so he hangs on 2 more years, retires, ,unretires, then retires...?

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Touchdown and 2 point conversion, using up 8+ minutes on the drive and Houston is up 7. And now they're almost in field goal range. Not looking good for KC (or us).

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    4th down, 47 yards out for a field goal at the 2 minute warning after a loss of yardage on 3rd and 1. Could be interesting. If they make the FG it's over, but it would've been over if they'd converted on 3rd and 1 for sure.

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    Very similar game to ours except Houston was able to convert in the red zone. Time of possession and rushing yards were about the same as us last week. There’s a very clear formula on how to beat KC.

The next stretch of 4 or 5 games is huge for us. I don’t see us beating Houston but if we can come away 4-1 through the next 5 we’ll be okay.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Very similar game to ours except Houston was able to convert in the red zone. Time of possession and rushing yards were about the same as us last week. There’s a very clear formula on how to beat KC.

The next stretch of 4 or 5 games is huge for us. I don’t see us beating Houston but if we can come away 4-1 through the next 5 we’ll be okay.

At least it's a home game for us, but as we've seen, home field advantage doesn't always mean as much as one might think. They've always said that Arrowhead is one of the hardest stadiums to win in, but here we are...

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    At least it's a home game for us, but as we've seen, home field advantage doesn't always mean as much as one might think. They've always said that Arrowhead is one of the hardest stadiums to win in, but here we are...

Yeah I can’t really say much because I’ve never gone to a game and screamed my face off, but their fans put ours to shame. To be that loud in an outdoor stadium is awesome. Whenever I see crowd shots at Lucas Oil there’s maybe a 1/4 of the fans standing and cheering.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Yeah I can’t really say much because I’ve never gone to a game and screamed my face off, but their fans put ours to shame. To be that loud in an outdoor stadium is awesome. Whenever I see crowd shots at Lucas Oil there’s maybe a 1/4 of the fans standing and cheering.

Lucas Oil does get REALLY loud. I've been to a couple of games. BIL used to get tickets and parking passes through his work and he gave them to me a couple of times, but now he's retired, and I have a hard time justifying the cost of tickets when I can see everything from the comfort of home without the expensive food and drinks or hassle with parking.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Lucas Oil does get REALLY loud. I've been to a couple of games. BIL used to get tickets and parking passes through his work and he gave them to me a couple of times, but now he's retired, and I have a hard time justifying the cost of tickets when I can see everything from the comfort of home without the expensive food and drinks or hassle with parking.

We have left the old Hoosier dome deaf and horse. Head rang for 2 days after the steelers beat us in the play offs.

terrehautian

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    Where ever my GPS says I am
    We have left the old Hoosier dome deaf and horse. Head rang for 2 days after the steelers beat us in the play offs.

Afc championship game there against patriots. It was quiet when the colts were down by three scores with under five minutes to go. By the time the five minutes was up and the colts had won, it was deafening. I was on the field working for cbs sports. I had headphones on and it was still really loud. Imagine what it was like for the players. My eardrums were vibrating so much I could feel them doing it.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Afc championship game there against patriots. It was quiet when the colts were down by three scores with under five minutes to go. By the time the five minutes was up and the colts had won, it was deafening. I was on the field working for cbs sports. I had headphones on and it was still really loud. Imagine what it was like for the players. My eardrums were vibrating so much I could feel them doing it.

The best game "EVER"

Spear Dane

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 4, 2015
    Kokomo area
    The best game "EVER"

And I turned it off and went to bed. I still remember the total shock I got the next morning when I turned the TV on though.

[h=1]Patriots at Colts: November 15th, 2009, Lucas Oil Stadium[/h]
    [FONT=&quot]4 OF 5[/FONT]

1. The Colts entered this game undefeated, while the Patriots were 6-2 on the Sunday Night Football telecast.
      The game was also the first start in Lucas Oil Stadium for Tom Brady.
      This game is widely considered the greatest game to ever be played in the regular season in the NFL. I can attest to that in that I was in attendance at Lucas Oil Stadium witnessing this game in person.
      The Colts found themselves down 34-21 with only 4:12 left in the game. With the way they were playing, many thought this game was over, and I heard of many people who turned this game off thinking it was over.
      In the words of college football analyst Lee Corso, "not so fast my friends."
      The Colts scored on a Joseph Addai touchdown with 2:53 left to cut the Patriots lead to 34-28.
      The Patriots got the ball back and the Colts stopped them on three straight plays to force a 4th-and-2 from the Patriots own 28.
      Due to Patriots head coach Bill Belichick being ignorant and just plain dumb, he decided to go for it instead of punt the ball and force Manning to come down the field again.
      Brady completed the pass to running back Kevin Faulk, but he was unable to secure the pass over the first down marker, and Colts safety Melvin Bullitt made a heck of a hit and stopped the Patriots short.
      The crowd in the "Luke" was going crazy.
      It took three plays for Manning to hit wide receiver Reggie Wayne for a one-yard touchdown pass to give the Colts a 34-34 tie. Matt Stover—filling in for injured kicker Adam Vinatieri—kicked the extra point to give the Colts a 35-34 lead with 13 seconds left.
      To this day, that is the craziest I have ever seen Lucas Oil Stadium. People were jumping up and down, hugging and high-fiving each other in the aisles. That carried over to a huge party in the streets of downtown Indianapolis following the game, as people couldn't believe what they just witnessed.

White Squirrel

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2016
    Evansville
    And I turned it off and went to bed. I still remember the total shock I got the next morning when I turned the TV on though.

Patriots at Colts: November 15th, 2009, Lucas Oil Stadium

[FONT=&amp]4 OF 5[/FONT]

1. The Colts entered this game undefeated, while the Patriots were 6-2 on the Sunday Night Football telecast.
      The game was also the first start in Lucas Oil Stadium for Tom Brady.
      This game is widely considered the greatest game to ever be played in the regular season in the NFL. I can attest to that in that I was in attendance at Lucas Oil Stadium witnessing this game in person.
      The Colts found themselves down 34-21 with only 4:12 left in the game. With the way they were playing, many thought this game was over, and I heard of many people who turned this game off thinking it was over.
      In the words of college football analyst Lee Corso, "not so fast my friends."
      The Colts scored on a Joseph Addai touchdown with 2:53 left to cut the Patriots lead to 34-28.
      The Patriots got the ball back and the Colts stopped them on three straight plays to force a 4th-and-2 from the Patriots own 28.
      Due to Patriots head coach Bill Belichick being ignorant and just plain dumb, he decided to go for it instead of punt the ball and force Manning to come down the field again.
      Brady completed the pass to running back Kevin Faulk, but he was unable to secure the pass over the first down marker, and Colts safety Melvin Bullitt made a heck of a hit and stopped the Patriots short.
      The crowd in the "Luke" was going crazy.
      It took three plays for Manning to hit wide receiver Reggie Wayne for a one-yard touchdown pass to give the Colts a 34-34 tie. Matt Stover—filling in for injured kicker Adam Vinatieri—kicked the extra point to give the Colts a 35-34 lead with 13 seconds left.
      To this day, that is the craziest I have ever seen Lucas Oil Stadium. People were jumping up and down, hugging and high-fiving each other in the aisles. That carried over to a huge party in the streets of downtown Indianapolis following the game, as people couldn't believe what they just witnessed.

I took my son-in-law to that game. It was his first ever in person NFL game. He wanted to leave because we had a three-hour drive back to Evansville. I told him I never leave as long as there is time on the clock and Peyton Manning is on the field.

On the way home, he told me he was really glad I didn't agree to leave early.

I have seen a lot of great games in the old Hoosier Dome and the Luke, but this game, the NFC Championship win over the Patriots, and the OT win when Manning broke the Marino TD mark stand out as the three best for me.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    1. Due to Patriots head coach Bill Belichick being ignorant and just plain dumb, he decided to go for it instead of punt the ball and force Manning to come down the field again.

It looks like a cut and paste, but whoever said that was "ignorant and just plain dumb".

Have you you heard the new fancy term "analytics"? In case some do not know computers and technology are able to analyze situations and develop the probabilities of success of the options available. This was originally fine tuned in the investing markets but has worked its way into sports. If you watched a game recently that had a graphic that gave you win percentages for going for it on 4th down vs kicking it away you were seeing the results of analytics.

To this day BB will not acknowledge he uses analytics but he has had a guy named Ernie Adams who was a football coach who went to Wall Street and has been his team analyst since 2000. The players really do not even know what this guy does, but while BB plays ignorant of "analytics" he has used them for years.

On the play mentioned, I'm glad the Colts drew the card they needed to fill the flush, but I guarantee you the BB played the odds the "analytics" told him. The players still have to play the game...

One other point, as weak as Colts D was in those days, I would have gone for against them a lot...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom