Colts 2017.... Same old song and dance....

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I'm NOT sympathetic to the Colts coaching woes. I'm no longer giving them any benefit of the doubt.
    I'm NOT a pro football person but I do have a good understanding of the game's ins and outs.
    Can't go to the "Prevent offense" with 12 minutes to go. This team can blow a 3 score lead quick. They fully blew ii last week. This week would have been a disaster as well if it hadn't been for the Browns being the opponent. Did anyone else realize that the Browns had 5 starters inactive for today's game?

It's harder for the other team to catch up when you can keep the ball.

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    I am going to make a prediction .....

Luck, will NOT play this year .....

And he will be gone next year .....

And will win a Super Bowl, wherever he goes .....

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    I am going to make a prediction .....

Luck, will NOT play this year .....

And he will be gone next year .....

And will win a Super Bowl, wherever he goes .....

How much is Luck worth in a trade? How many first round draft choices?
    He's got a hellova salary weighing on the salary cap.
    Sure, he can heal up. He missed half last year, will miss half this year. That adds up to a 20m qb making 40m for one full season.
    Luck can play some ball when he's healthy. I hope he heals up, I hope he wins a Super Bowl, and I hope it's here in Indy.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    How much is Luck worth in a trade? How many first round draft choices?
    He's got a hellova salary weighing on the salary cap.
    Sure, he can heal up. He missed half last year, will miss half this year. That adds up to a 20m qb making 40m for one full season.
    Luck can play some ball when he's healthy. I hope he heals up, I hope he wins a Super Bowl, and I hope it's here in Indy.

It will not be with the system/staff they currently have.

jkaetz

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I grudgingly have to hand that title to Tom Brady, and I can't stand the guy.
    Brady is a great quarter back but he's always been surrounded by a very good team. I give the edge to Manning only because he was injured for a season and the team went 2-14. Brady was injured for a season and the team went 11-5. Manning took an average team and made them great.

It will not be with the system/staff they currently have.
    Watching now reminds me of the years when Jim Mora was coaching. I just don't understand why they stop playing in the 3rd quarter. You were winning with the play calling the first half, why not simply continue that until the end of the game?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Brady is a great quarter back but he's always been surrounded by a very good team. I give the edge to Manning only because he was injured for a season and the team went 2-14. Brady was injured for a season and the team went 11-5. Manning took an average team and made them great.

That's a fair point. Also the Patriots have had the same coach and same QB through all their successful years, which adds another helpful dimension. Coach and QB have been on the same page for years. I'd give Manning the edge with the thinking part of the game, but overall I'd still have to give it to Brady. There's a physical part of the game which was Manning's main weaknesses. Brady is still looking dominant.

Watching now reminds me of the years when Jim Mora was coaching. I just don't understand why they stop playing in the 3rd quarter. You were winning with the play calling the first half, why not simply continue that until the end of the game?

The Ted Marchibroda years were memorable, especially with Jim Harbaugh as QB. There are some sportswriters practically guaranteeing Harbaugh will be coaching the colts next year. God I hope not. He should retire a Wolverine.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    There are some sportswriters practically guaranteeing Harbaugh will be coaching the colts next year. God I hope not. He should retire a Wolverine.

Harbaugh inherited a bunch of talent in SF. Their problem was no discipline. Alex Smith didn't go along with the program and ended up on the bench while CK ran the field
    Harbaugh has an iron fist he used to get SF back in order. 3 yrs in a row they went to the NFC championship game.
    He's more than capable.
    Who would I choose between Pagano and Harbaugh? Anyone besides Hillary.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Harbaugh inherited a bunch of talent in SF. Their problem was no discipline. Alex Smith didn't go along with the program and ended up on the bench while CK ran the field
    Harbaugh has an iron fist he used to get SF back in order. 3 yrs in a row they went to the NFC championship game.
    He's more than capable.
    Who would I choose between Pagano and Harbaugh? Anyone besides Hillary.

I think Harbaugh does well in the college game. I think he can get more out of his players at that level. I think he's done a very good job developing talent and making less talented players play above themselves. I think he's not as successful with that approach in the pros. In other words, I think he's good at developing player's character, but not so good at dealing with players at a level where their characters have been developed poorly. I think he could turn the Colts around with the right personnel. Being a Michigan fan, I want him to stay where he's at.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom