Colts 2017.... Same old song and dance....

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

historian

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    SD by residency, Hoosier by heart
    First shutout since the year I starting watching. Chuck seems intent on setting all the records wrong. First loss to Houston at home. First shutout since '93. First lost to JAX in 5 years. Should have fired him three years ago.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I left the game at the at the beginning of the third quarter(as did a bunch of other people). Lots of audible boos (towards the colts). How far the mighty have fallen.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I haven't seen any of Irsay's press conference. But I did just see the "highlights" from yesterday's game on the morning news. They said Brisset was sacked 10 times. Looked like the O line didn't even try. I really think many of the players just aren't on the same level as many players of other teams. Obviously coaching contributes to the problem of players being outclassed, but it's not all coaching. I will give Chuck credit for always taking the responsibility squarely on his shoulders. Even though it is not just his fault, the other coaches and players need to learn how to stand up and own it too.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    I haven't seen any of Irsay's press conference. But I did just see the "highlights" from yesterday's game on the morning news. They said Brisset was sacked 10 times. Looked like the O line didn't even try. I really think many of the players just aren't on the same level as many players of other teams. Obviously coaching contributes to the problem of players being outclassed, but it's not all coaching. I will give Chuck credit for always taking the responsibility squarely on his shoulders. Even though it is not just his fault, the other coaches and players need to learn how to stand up and own it too.

IF you watched the game then you'll have to agree the O Line did a decent job. Brissette held on to the ball WAY TOO LONG on almost all of those sacks.
    I'll give the Jags most of the credit for being well coached and just plain out working the Colts.
    The ONLY reason Pagano takes the blame is because it's his fault the team performs so badly.

steve0322

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2015
    Mooresville
    The team has stopped playing for him, except for Brissett. He's playing for hopefully a starter job somewhere. Irsay needs to cut his losses and change his philosophy and fire a coach midseason.. He's lost a city and a fanbase at this point. Andrew Luck shouldn't even think about coming back this year. They should shut him down until they can get a line that can block. He's too fragile to take 10 sacks and numerous other hits in a game. They're better off tanking the season, getting a high pick and trading that for multiple picks and draft new lineman.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    The team has stopped playing for him, except for Brissett. He's playing for hopefully a starter job somewhere. Irsay needs to cut his losses and change his philosophy and fire a coach midseason.. He's lost a city and a fanbase at this point. Andrew Luck shouldn't even think about coming back this year. They should shut him down until they can get a line that can block. He's too fragile to take 10 sacks and numerous other hits in a game. They're better off tanking the season, getting a high pick and trading that for multiple picks and draft new lineman.

I agree with everything 'cept the part abut Luck being fragile. That kid is a hoss. He's Tim Tebow with great arm and better decision-making. If most QBs had taken the hits he's taken they'd pull a "Roberto Duran." There's no way any QB should take half the hits he has.... and most haven't.

historian

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    SD by residency, Hoosier by heart
    IF you watched the game then you'll have to agree the O Line did a decent job. Brissette held on to the ball WAY TOO LONG on almost all of those sacks.
    I'll give the Jags most of the credit for being well coached and just plain out working the Colts.
    The ONLY reason Pagano takes the blame is because it's his fault the team performs so badly.

I'm not as sure of that. Brissett was almost always playing with someone in his face. The dumb thing was the play calling. Our QB is getting murdered (which he was, it was ugly) lets have him through long passes! They should have been throwing short outs and slants. I was somewhat surprised to see Brissett get back in after a couple of those sacks. He was limping pretty hard the last few minutes. I give him props. Coming in with no experience of the offence, he is doing better than treading water.

steve0322

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2015
    Mooresville
    Fragile probably wasn't the right wording. The line has made him susceptible to injuries. Your body can only take so much pounding week after week before it finally breaks down.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis

I didn't watch the game. I admit, I am not a die hard Colts fan. I am a fan but mostly just because it's the home team. But again the highlight reel and the interview with T.Y. lead me to my statement about the O line. Based on the clips I have seen they were absolutely man handled by Jax's D line. Chuck is a big part of the teams failures and shortcomings but he is not the only problem.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Fragile probably wasn't the right wording. The line has made him susceptible to injuries. Your body can only take so much pounding week after week before it finally breaks down.

I agree to a point. Luck has put himself in those positions too many times too. Remember when he thought he could tuck his head and run like a running back, and taking those big hits? I really think as much as he has been hurt, he won't be the same.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    I'm not as sure of that. Brissett was almost always playing with someone in his face. The dumb thing was the play calling. Our QB is getting murdered (which he was, it was ugly) lets have him through long passes! They should have been throwing short outs and slants. I was somewhat surprised to see Brissett get back in after a couple of those sacks. He was limping pretty hard the last few minutes. I give him props. Coming in with no experience of the offence, he is doing better than treading water.

BINGO. The play calling was predictable as usual and a large part of the problem.
    Brissette was standing in to the point of suicide trying to find an open receiver.
    All the other teams know our limited offense and easily prepare for it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom