Colts 2017.... Same old song and dance....

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Brisset got wonky under pressure. Could not hit anything and that run was so sissy. He could have made that but headed straight for safety out of bounds.
    Harry.....you are spot on.

steve0322

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2015
    Mooresville
    They might as well play Brissett for the rest of the year and get a better draft position. There's really no point in throwing Luck out there to get hurt again.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    That's the thing: Luck would have this team at 4-2 (or better). If he returns in the next couple of weeks, the Colts have a legitimate chance of winning their division.

I don't agree with sitting him out when he's game-ready, but the time with him off the field has (or at least, should have) fully unmasked the incompetence of Pagano. But, Irsay's gonna Irsay.

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    111   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    I've actually watched as much Colts football this season as I can, my wife is a huge fan and I am finally getting on board. It's like they play great until the 4th quarter than they're deer in headlights. I agree Luck could still save the season, we're going to the stadium for the vs steelers game next month for my wifes Bday, here's hoping they're on a spree! Lol

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    In Jacoby's defense....
    He's done as well as can be expected considering that his play is excellent... Considering he had NO training camp and zero familiarity with this system.(what ever the hell the system is).
    He's very accurate, doesn't shy away from his position, and is basically having to play sand lot football against Professional coaching.
    The players OVERALL have done a good job until half time. Then the COACHING sucks. Other team's coaches are able to make the adjustments. Colt's coaching just can't keep up.
    I lobbied hard to get Hamilton replaced via social media. Chudzinski doesn't seem to be a competent choice as his replacement.
    I actually like what I'm seeing out of the players we've got. Defense is basically new but shows some promise. There's still holes that need plugged on the wings. Coaches haven't addressed the same issue that's 4 years old.
    Pass rush? What's that?
    Offensive line IS getting better. Philbin was a good hire. Injuries once again are depleting line depth.
    Running backs are excellent BUT play calling is predictable and again half time adjustments are non existent at best. Ridiculous at worst.
    Doyle had a rough nite but overall I like his play. Smart, few penalties, blocks excellent and has great hands. (usually) Maybe his concussion hasn't healed all the way.
    Wide receivers are pretty darned good. They got mugged last night which is common in the NFL.
    I see coaching as the weak link to this team.
    One thing for sure.... More time together won't hurt this team.
    At this point Luck still knows the system better. By the end of the season Jacoby will be able to hold his own in the QB position.

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    I say dump the coach now. This season is a bust. If you wait till next season to get a new coach and new system, then next season will basically be a waste as well. Give the team the rest of this season to get familiar with whatever system the new coach wants to run and you’ll be way ahead of the curve come next season.

historian

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    SD by residency, Hoosier by heart
    I say dump the coach now. This season is a bust. If you wait till next season to get a new coach and new system, then next season will basically be a waste as well. Give the team the rest of this season to get familiar with whatever system the new coach wants to run and you’ll be way ahead of the curve come next season.

I wish they would have done it before losing to the Browns and 49ers. Now we will get, at best, 3rd pick. That is what I'm more frustrated about. If we aren't going to be contenders (which we knew that after week 1), just tank for number 1. Then trade that for a bucket of picks where we need picks. We don't need a QB, but we do need linemen. There are tons of them in the 2nd and 3rd round. A number 1 pick can easily be traded for 5 or 6 picks. But now we will have the number 3 (at best) and that will give us, at best, a couple of picks. Blah.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    That's the thing: Luck would have this team at 4-2 (or better). If he returns in the next couple of weeks, the Colts have a legitimate chance of winning their division.

I don't agree with sitting him out when he's game-ready, but the time with him off the field has (or at least, should have) fully unmasked the incompetence of Pagano. But, Irsay's gonna Irsay.

This is very true.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    In Jacoby's defense....
    He's done as well as can be expected considering that his play is excellent... Considering he had NO training camp and zero familiarity with this system.(what ever the hell the system is).
    He's very accurate, doesn't shy away from his position, and is basically having to play sand lot football against Professional coaching.
    The players OVERALL have done a good job until half time. Then the COACHING sucks. Other team's coaches are able to make the adjustments. Colt's coaching just can't keep up.
    I lobbied hard to get Hamilton replaced via social media. Chudzinski doesn't seem to be a competent choice as his replacement.
    I actually like what I'm seeing out of the players we've got. Defense is basically new but shows some promise. There's still holes that need plugged on the wings. Coaches haven't addressed the same issue that's 4 years old.
    Pass rush? What's that?
    Offensive line IS getting better. Philbin was a good hire. Injuries once again are depleting line depth.
    Running backs are excellent BUT play calling is predictable and again half time adjustments are non existent at best. Ridiculous at worst.
    Doyle had a rough nite but overall I like his play. Smart, few penalties, blocks excellent and has great hands. (usually) Maybe his concussion hasn't healed all the way.
    Wide receivers are pretty darned good. They got mugged last night which is common in the NFL.
    I see coaching as the weak link to this team.
    One thing for sure.... More time together won't hurt this team.
    At this point Luck still knows the system better. By the end of the season Jacoby will be able to hold his own in the QB position.

THIS... all of this...

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Yes they were. He needs to seek a better team while he is (if he still is ) viable.

This is probably where the Colts need to be evaluating his contract and thinking hard to decide if he should stay or cut him loose & let him go. I'm thinking if he is having this much trouble under very controlled practices, this injury could follow him the rest of his career.

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    I’m gonna go out on a limb here. We’re gonna have a lead going into the 4th quarter and then...wait for it....we’re gonna make Blake Bortles look like Joe Montana and blow it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom