Colts 2017.... Same old song and dance....

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    I didn't watch the game. I admit, I am not a die hard Colts fan. I am a fan but mostly just because it's the home team. But again the highlight reel and the interview with T.Y. lead me to my statement about the O line. Based on the clips I have seen they were absolutely man handled by Jax's D line. Chuck is a big part of the teams failures and shortcomings but he is not the only problem.

T.Y. has zero business throwing anyone under the bus. He should be far more concerned about his own inability to get open and all around weak play. He needs to follow the coaching staff out of town at the end of the season.

amboy49

Master
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    central indiana
    Apparently Mathis tested around .05, or reasonably well below the .08 legal limit. Yet the Carmel police deemed it necessary to arrest him and have him spend the night in jail. Will be interesting to see how this plays out - I suspect Mathis' attorney will be able to afford a new Mercedes with the fees he'll collect before this is over.

KMaC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 4, 2016
    Indianapolis
    WRTV story said Mathis was incoherent, had trouble standing and said he had taken a sleeping aid in addition to having a drink. Hard to say what was in his system unless he had blood tested but police evidently felt he was not only incapable of driving but a hazard to his own safety.

amboy49

Master
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    central indiana
    WRTV story said Mathis was incoherent, had trouble standing and said he had taken a sleeping aid in addition to having a drink. Hard to say what was in his system unless he had blood tested but police evidently felt he was not only incapable of driving but a hazard to his own safety.

So why charge him with OWI rather than allow him to call a friend/relative and get a ride home ?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I remember a day when LEO would let you get home. But in this day and age of liability's etc you are going to spend the night and not at home.

You hit the nail on the head, "liability." I once took a gal home, who was drunk, a friend (I was off-duty). She gets home, has an argument with her boyfriend, gets in her car, drives off, and stacked it up. Now imagine if I had been on-duty, and given her a break. You can bet the first thing out of her mouth would have been "another officer stopped me, and let me go"....and then I'd at least be suspended, if not unemployed.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    You hit the nail on the head, "liability." I once took a gal home, who was drunk, a friend (I was off-duty). She gets home, has an argument with her boyfriend, gets in her car, drives off, and stacked it up. Now imagine if I had been on-duty, and given her a break. You can bet the first thing out of her mouth would have been "another officer stopped me, and let me go"....and then I'd at least be suspended, if not unemployed.

That pretty much sums it up. If you are driving in that condition you have already shown lack of good judgement. No one is responsible for bad decisions these days.
    You would think our boys cell phone is full of numbers for folks that would come and get him regardless. I have a standing offer to most anyone (Most) with my cell number. If you are to drunk to drive then call me and I will come and get you. We can deal with your car tomorrow. You get 1 shot at this. repeat offenders will be bludgeoned.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom