• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SpaldingPM

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 22, 2013
    Understood. But in all honesty today, I consider triggers to be a total crapshoot on any weapon. I have $220.00 Marlin .22's that have excellent triggers. I also have 2, $1,000.00+ Browning Hi-Power's that have horrible triggers. Hard pull, coupled with a lot of gritty creep. That is not something a shooter should have to tolerate on a 4 digit weapon that otherwise oozes beauty, quality, and craftsmanship. But unfortunately it seems to be the norm. In AR-15 rifles my Bushmasters have the best triggers, and my one Colt, (6940), has about the worst. Considering cost, that should not be the case, but it in fact is. Triggers in today's mass produced firearms are like Forrest Gump's box of chocolates. You never know what you're going to get.

This is a very true quote.
    The first mod I do to all my carry handguns are springs and a nice polish. With my frequent shooter AR's, I put a nice 2 stage trigger in them. Factory triggers BLOW.

billt

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2010
    Glendale, Arizona
    One other factor I would bring up with the lower cost 6920 Colt models today, is they seem to be cheaper since they took off the LEO and military use only, roll markings. I know that shouldn't and probably doesn't mean anything from a quality standpoint, but people seem to be willing to pay more for the older models that have them. Especially if you can locate one that is new in the box with all of the paperwork and accessories.

Top Bottom