• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend
    Does nail polisher remover and rubbing alcohol ruin the black finish on the reciever?

No, it won't. I used straight acetone on all my Glocks and ARs. I suggest using white as a base for the red. It will come out brighter.

IMG_0975_zps9e921399.jpg

Edit: Just saw yours. Looks like it turned out just fine.

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    No, it won't. I used straight acetone on all my Glocks and ARs. I suggest using white as a base for the red. It will come out brighter.

IMG_0975_zps9e921399.jpg

Edit: Just saw yours. Looks like it turned out just fine.

I'm pretty happy with it....does rem oil affect your color fill?

bigretic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    to chime in... I nail polished my EDC shield (green) and it's held up quite well - and yes, I've done various ar's and did use acetone. no problems and no problems with solvent or oil, but I don't use my ar's much...

Caleb

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    to chime in... I nail polished my EDC shield (green) and it's held up quite well - and yes, I've done various ar's and did use acetone. no problems and no problems with solvent or oil, but I don't use my ar's much...

You have to use acetone for applying nail polish or would acetone-free nail polish remover work just fine? If I have any problems using testors paint, I may use nail polish if it's more durable.

Caleb

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    Thank you, Chaplain, for your insightful contribution to this thread.

Your opinion has been noted, and subsequently disregarded.

Thank you for your time.

agreed....if you don't have anything to add to the topic, you'd be best off to move along to another thread.

Caleb

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    Easy there little buckaroo. Everyone has an opinion and a right to use it. Remember about opinions their like........ :lmfao:

If I asked what people's opinion on color filling, you'd have a point....however, I asked how not if I should or not.

DarkRose

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    Columbus, Indiana
    I've used thinned out Testors paint and then before it's completely dry wipe off the excess with paper towels or even paper over a flat piece of wood (like the end of a ruler or something) so it doesn't get down into the engraving. Done 3 that way so far. The slicker the anodizing on the receiver it is, the better it works. I tried it once on a Stag that had a rougher coating and it was a nightmare. Never could get all of the "haze" around the engraving off of it.

Did a Spike's Calico Jack, a Spike's Punisher, and a Doublestar...

My next build will probably use a Spike's Honey Badger or Spartan and it'll get color fill too.

Top Bottom