• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    ..., decided that they should wear vests that have TRAINEE written across the back. ...

Not only dumb, but demeaning. Should've printed "NOOB" on them instead.

So did you get any shrink-wrapped [STRIKE]trainees [/STRIKE]noobs? That would probably qualify for Worker's Comp, an OSHA SWAT raid, and enough work to keep an entire firm of workplace injury lawyers employed for years.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    I sunk some piers for my decks with one of those. You have to get below the frost line. I don't sink the posts, just have them sitting on the concrete pads; that way they can move with thermal expansion rather than build stress into the structure. I have mellow decks :)

schafe

Master
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Monroe Co.
    Oh no ! INGO hates me because I have a degree! I guess I'll burn that baby, wallow in my stupidity, and beg for forgiveness. (maybe go eat worms?)

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have more degrees than the proverbial thermometer, and an extremely low threshold for BS. If you tell me something in a workplace and I don't have a higher authority basis to disbelieve it, I have no choice but to believe it. Tell me I need to apply some blinker fluid, I'll ask where to find that. Tell me I need to install an exhaust bearing on a machine, I'll ask what bin is it in in the parts room, also where the parts room is. I simply have no energy or imagination to try to disambiguate genuine good advice from earnest bull****. If that makes me unsuitable for your workplace, tell me before I apply, not after I've accepted an offer of employment.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Oh no ! INGO hates me because I have a degree! I guess I'll burn that baby, wallow in my stupidity, and beg for forgiveness. (maybe go eat worms?)

Nah, INGO only has a problem with people who think degrees are the be-all, end-all.

To balance out what may be perceived as an anti-degree mentality.

"a" degree? How quaint. ;)

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    I have more degrees than the proverbial thermometer, and an extremely low threshold for BS. If you tell me something in a workplace and I don't have a higher authority basis to disbelieve it, I have no choice but to believe it. Tell me I need to apply some blinker fluid, I'll ask where to find that. Tell me I need to install an exhaust bearing on a machine, I'll ask what bin is it in in the parts room, also where the parts room is. I simply have no energy or imagination to try to disambiguate genuine good advice from earnest bull****. If that makes me unsuitable for your workplace, tell me before I apply, not after I've accepted an offer of employment.

I reserve those "necessary" items for the people that act like they know everything.

tmschuller

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Grant county
    same applies with the star trek method.. the person wearing the different colored shirt always dies....:dunno: I love working with administrators , we had a couple of guys get cut opening plastic bags using a utility knife , SO they wanted us to use plastic knives instead. Just another fine example.

My dad used to say:" Some people work there entire lives to reach a certain level of stupidity and ignorance , but others are born with it"

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    This is why my ex wife hates me so much! I'm a high school drop out, and she's a college grad/registered nurse.......and I make more money than she does. Seriously, she's actually said it, and posted about it on Facebook. College is great for some, but not everyone, and a degree most certainly doesn't cure crazy.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo

I have no problems with people that have decided to go to college unless they automatically decide they're smarter than me. I've done my job for sixteen years, and nothing annoys me more than to have a kid fresh out of college thinking that he can do my job better simply because he went to college. Granted, there are jobs that college gives you an edge over someone with experience, but mine isn't one of them.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    ....nothing annoys me more than to have a kid fresh out of college thinking that he can do my job better simply because he went to college...

Think how you would feel if everyone thought they knew your job better than you with no education or​ experience.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    Think how you would feel if everyone thought they knew your job better than you with no education or​ experience.

I don't have a problem with it unless they come up to me while I'm doing my job and try to explain what I'm doing wrong when it's obvious they have no clue what they're talking about. I'm betting it happens to me more often than you.

Top Bottom