• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Not hardly. I've stated before, and I will again, that I support the players' right to peacefully protest. You're awfully quick to label people hypocrites. Perhaps some introspection is in order.

Sure you do.
    If it looks, walks, and quacks... I don't need a zoologist to call it what it is.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    In a world of safe zones and groupthink, a world where any diversion from the leftist norm is considered hate speech the 1st Amendment is on life support. So, I support his right to say what he thinks even if thinking isn't really his strong suit. The way I look at it I served 26 years on active duty to ensure that we could retain this and other of our inalienable rights. This is dissent and I support it, even if I disagree with it. It makes me think my time wasn't completely wasted. I wish I could remember the exact quote....something, something....though I might find the words he says despicable, I will defend to the death his right to say them....:twocents:

Yeah, so you think I'm the troll?

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Upon further review, I must have had you confused with someone else, or your earlier words led me to believe something else. So I apologize, sincerely. I see no hypocrisy.

Thank you, sir. Now we return to the issue of you feeling qualified to lecture veterans and active duty military members on what their service means and what it should stand for.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Thank you, sir. Now we return to the issue of you feeling qualified to lecture veterans and active duty military members on what their service means and what it should stand for.

I am just as qualified to lecture veterans and active duty military, as anyone else is to lecture protesters on what they stand for.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    If you recall from looking at my previous posts I said that I regret that the "message" was being lost among all of the hoopla. The message is important, the hoopla is just the normal political bull****.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    The original message has changed from:

Colin Kaepernick explains why he sat during national anthem - NFL.com

"I am not going to stand up to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses black people and people of color," Kaepernick told NFL Media in an exclusive interview after the game. "To me, this is bigger than football and it would be selfish on my part to look the other way. There are bodies in the street and people getting paid leave and getting away with murder."

To now:

'to stand tall against social injustice'

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    The original message has changed from:

Colin Kaepernick explains why he sat during national anthem - NFL.com

"I am not going to stand up to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses black people and people of color," Kaepernick told NFL Media in an exclusive interview after the game. "To me, this is bigger than football and it would be selfish on my part to look the other way. There are bodies in the street and people getting paid leave and getting away with murder."

To now:

'to stand tall against social injustice'

I don't really see that as being inconsistent. It's just a lot more palatable to a wider variety of listeners.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom