• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I have to disagree in part. He is a mediocre QB, who is not worth taking on the baggage to hire him. If he hadn't made such a spectacle out of this, he probably would have a job right now as a backup somewhere.

The Bears have frickin Mark Sanchez for instance. He is at least as good as Sanchez.

This exactly. I mean who are we kidding? If Kap was Dak Prescott, this wouldn't even be an issue. He'd be employed, and Cowboy fans would grumble as they filled the stadium. Moral of the story? If you're gonna do something at work that's going to **** off a hell of a lot of people, you better be one of the best at your job.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I have to disagree in part. He is a mediocre QB, who is not worth taking on the baggage to hire him. If he hadn't made such a spectacle out of this, he probably would have a job right now as a backup somewhere.

The Bears have frickin Mark Sanchez for instance. He is at least as good as Sanchez.

Pretty much this. There are pros and cons to any transaction. Is the bang worth the bucks? He was in the bottom third of starters for QB rating last year. So that could be at last some improvement for maybe 1/3 of the teams, or even making him a backup. But do you sign a backup with baggage? For most teams, no. You don't.

This exactly. I mean who are we kidding? If Kap was Dak Prescott, this wouldn't even be an issue. He'd be employed, and Cowboy fans would grumble as they filled the stadium. Moral of the story? If you're gonna do something at work that's going to **** off a hell of a lot of people, you better be one of the best at your job.

Even if Dak started taking a knee during the national anthem this year, and had the same performance like he had last year, that particular negative would certainly still enter into the equasion. But not much.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Even if Dak started taking a knee during the national anthem this year, and had the same performance like he had last year, that particular negative would certainly still enter into the equasion. But not much.

Oh, I agree. People would be upset... but Cowboy fans would be saying "That Dak guy is an ass, but damn, the Cowboys are winning."

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Oh, I agree. People would be upset... but Cowboy fans would be saying "That Dak guy is an ass, but damn, the Cowboys are winning."

Cowboy fans? Who? This ain't America's team anymore.

Serously though, I've been a Dallas Cowboy hater since Roger Staubach in the early 70s. Dang I hated that guy. Everyone did back then whose team the Cowboys beat with one of those pull it out of his ass combacks. And I can't stand Jerry Jones.

But watching Prescot play, I kinda find myself rooting for him even though I hate the Cow*****es. You just don't see 4th round QBs make a rookie NFL start like that.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

Serously though, I've been a Dallas Cowboy hater since Roger Staubach in the early 70s. Dang I hated that guy. Everyone did back then whose team the Cowboys beat with one of those pull it out of his ass combacks. And I can't stand Jerry Jones.

But watching Prescot play, I kinda find myself rooting for him even though I hate the Cow*****es. You just don't see 4th round QBs make a rookie NFL start like that.

I hate the Cowboys too. Never liked them. They run neck and neck with the Dolphins. Obviously, I'm a Jets fan. I also tolerate the Colts.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

Hate the Co*****..hate-em but I will watch Prescot play. Romo is seriously overrated.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Hate the Co*****..hate-em but I will watch Prescot play. Romo is seriously overrated.
    Romo now has a gig replacing Phil Simms. Not that I mind that liberal ********** being out of the booth all that much. But they're putting a whole lot on Romo as a noob. We'll see if he's overrated as a color commentator too. Simms was understandably pissed that he lost his job to Romo.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Romo now has a gig replacing Phil Simms. Not that I mind that liberal ********** being out of the booth all that much. But they're putting a whole lot on Romo as a noob. We'll see if he's overrated as a color commentator too. Simms was understandably pissed that he lost his job to Romo.

Simms wore me out when he ran his pie hole. He was a master of the game but man he was a drone. And he was not fond of the colts if memory serves.

He lost his seat because nobody really cared for him.

1DOWN4UP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2015
    North of 30
    I like the way the Packers solve their problem players,they just let the players go.Favre was about a week away from the street when he checked himself into Rehab.Kaep did not stand on Aug 14 th.Kaep did not stand on Aug.20th.He would have been let go 5 minutes later.No drama.Problem solved.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Soon football will be outlawed from schools and it will eventually die as a sport. I won't be sad

Alabama, Texas, Georgia, South Carolina, Mississippi, Florida, South Carolina, Mississippi, and Arkansas will go to war if such a thing happens.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Alabama, Texas, Georgia, South Carolina, Mississippi, Florida, South Carolina, Mississippi, and Arkansas will go to war if such a thing happens.

This concussion thing could well be the death nell for the sport. When scared moms refuse to let their babies sign up, the pipeline will dry up and people will find something else to do.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

Well.....dodge ball is gone pretty much. That was the ice breaker I believe. Once you give these people something they are empowered and will not stop.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    To me this is pretty simple. I served most of my adult life in the military and have known many people who have given their lives for that flag. But it wasn't really the flag that they died for. It was the ideals that the flag represents. The flag itself is just a piece of cloth. While we hold it in very high regard and honor and respect it as we should, it is still just that, a piece of cloth. What it represents, of course, is much deeper and more profound. I used to get incensed when I saw some knucklehead burning the flag in protest. My first reaction to this story was very similar. But that is just emotion. After some reflection I realize that the act of burning the flag, or kneeling for the anthem, is an act of ignorance. Think about it. They are burning or disrespecting the very symbol of their right to protest. In many countries around the world they might already be in jail. In the good old U.S. of A. they are free to express their contempt for their country and its symbols. I understand they are trying to call attention to what they perceive as injustice. This is an effective tool as it triggers emotions in most all of us. But when I think of those folks I have known and the thousands upon thousands I never had the honor to meet I realize one thing. They did not die for a piece of cloth. They died to preserve a country where every citizen has a right to be heard. In these times where the first amendment is under direct attack and protesters are doing their level best to shut down free speech simply because they don't agree with it I find myself heartened by these players' actions. It lets me know that freedom still exists in our country and that my friends and those thousands of others did not die in vain.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom