• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville

Probably get Captain's Mast (Article 15). Penalties can include extra duty, confinement to quarters (which would be torture in Pensacola: no Fish House), forfeiture of pay. And she deserves it. Idiot doesn't understand that the people who really "have her back" are the ones standing to her left and right. And she just gave them a big "F You!" She's still in her training pipeline, it looks like. Hopefully somebody pulls her aside and straightens her out. She'll probably meet a bar of soap and a sock some night soon as well. That is a headache I wouldn't want as a member of her chain of command with the publicity surrounding this; I would be thinking about ways to prevent that. In the Army (and I'm assuming the Navy) there is a discharge for "failure to adapt" that can be given in the first 180 days. If she does this again, they need to take a hard look at that option.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Probably get Captain's Mast (Article 15). Penalties can include extra duty, confinement to quarters (which would be torture in Pensacola: no Fish House), forfeiture of pay. And she deserves it. Idiot doesn't understand that the people who really "have her back" are the ones standing to her left and right. And she just gave them a big "F You!" She's still in her training pipeline, it looks like. Hopefully somebody pulls her aside and straightens her out. She'll probably meet a bar of soap and a sock some night soon as well. That is a headache I wouldn't want as a member of her chain of command with the publicity surrounding this; I would be thinking about ways to prevent that. In the Army (and I'm assuming the Navy) there is a discharge for "failure to adapt" that can be given in the first 180 days. If she does this again, they need to take a hard look at that option.
    The pipeline student part caught my eye as well. Straight out of Boot Camp and doing this crap? I do remember customs and courtesies being stressed rather heavily at that point in my military career. Proper respect for the flag was definitely one of them.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Oh don't worry. We are one supreme Court Justice away from this rule being changed in the military.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

Tough call. I can see this going to the USSC. She wasn't in uniform, and wasn't representing the Navy when she took a political stance. She could very well end up winning this one.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Peak Vox.

Cr4nubKUsAAgvk_.jpg:large

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I remember reading on the INGO that Vox is the only objective news outlet. So we better listen to their opinion... wait.... NM.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    Tough call. I can see this going to the USSC. She wasn't in uniform, and wasn't representing the Navy when she took a political stance. She could very well end up winning this one.

She was on post, and while she isn't speaking on behalf of the Navy, she is certainly making a representation as a Sailor. Every part of the BoR is restricted with service members. It's part of the sacrifice you agree to make. No citizen has a duty to charge a machine gun. No citizen has a duty to follow the Code of Conduct while imprisoned by a foreign power. No citizen has a duty to walk away from their families and go to war. This is how it is, and how it has to be. We have extraordinary duties and limited rights. It is essential for good order and discipline in a fighting force.

Nome of that is to say SCOTUS will rule differently than how you say, just that they shouldn't.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    She was on post, and while she isn't speaking on behalf of the Navy, she is certainly making a representation as a Sailor. Every part of the BoR is restricted with service members. It's part of the sacrifice you agree to make. No citizen has a duty to charge a machine gun. No citizen has a duty to follow the Code of Conduct while imprisoned by a foreign power. No citizen has a duty to walk away from their families and go to war. This is how it is, and how it has to be. We have extraordinary duties and limited rights. It is essential for good order and discipline in a fighting force.

Nome of that is to say SCOTUS will rule differently than how you say, just that they shouldn't.

Ah, I see the part that she was on post. She's, rightfully, toast. She should be drummed out.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    Ah, I see the part that she was on post. She's, rightfully, toast. She should be drummed out.

I would be ok with that. A more typical approach (and the one I would most prefer) is harsh discipline in conjunction with development. If this were one of my guys, I would be supporting the chain of command in whatever judicial or non-judicial punishment they meted out. They would also be sweating a lot. But my main focus would be having them prepare an essay and block of instruction on the anthem, flag, individual acts of heroism connected to the flag, positive and effective means of furthering racial equality in the military and society, etc. In other words, there is an opportunity for something positive to come out of this, and I would try to seize that opportunity. If, after all that, they did it again, I would do everything I could to get them kicked out.

Last edited:

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

Other than honorable discharge. Confinement. Loss of pay.

This media-driven frenzy has got to stop.

I would be ok with that. A more typical approach (and the one I would most prefer) is harsh discipline in conjunction with development. If this were one of my guys, I would be supporting the chain of command in whatever judicial or non-judicial punishment they meted out. They would also be sweating a lot. But my main focus would be having them prepare an essay and block of instruction on the anthem, flag, individual acts of heroism connected to the flag, positive and effective means of furthering racial equality in the military and society, etc. In other words, there is an opportunity for something positive to come out of this, and I would try to seize that opportunity. If, after all that, they did it again, I would do everything I could to get them kicked out.

I prefer the Non-Judicial Punishment (NJP) route.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom