• Status
    Not open for further replies.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Let's be clear. Miko Grimes is a publicity.....hound. None of this has been confirmed and it has been disputed by those who would know.

But- NFL wife claims that the Raiders "O" line let Derek Car get sacked (and injured) because he is an outspoken Christian and did not support protests.

"So they were in the locker room. Derek Carr is a Bible-thumper to the fullest. He was basically trying to force the players to read the Bible before the game and do all this stuff. And they were like 'No, no, no, that's you.' And so he was so upset about when the whole offensive line said they were going to kneel, he was like 'No, no, no. You're not kneeling. This is America. You're going to stand for the flag.' And they got in a fight in the locker room. So when they came out to play, they basically had a plan."

https://sports.yahoo.com/wife-buccaneers-star-makes-reckless-claim-derek-carr-raiders-linemen-171321544.html

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...-that-raiders-o-line-let-derek-carr-get-hurt/

Last edited:

1DOWN4UP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2015
    North of 30
    I don't know if i can explain my thoughts right, but here goes. People who may not want a black president aren't necessarily racist. I think this may apply to just a Dem black president, though. My first thought would be, "oh great- now every time we criticize or disagree with the president, we're going to be called racist again." I've seen it happen in the workplace, too. Too much of this, and it actually makes some people turn into racists. It would be interesting to see what would happen with a Conservative black president.
    Cindy,I understand what you are saying.I will add my 2 cents...With the Black vote for Obama at 95% in '08 ,and only dropping to 93% in '12,that tells me that the black voters were OK with the leftist direction he steered the country, so I will apply " if it walks like a duck...." The black vote was roughly 21% above the Hispanic Dem vote,And the black Dem vote was roughly 50 % above the white vote.Now if a great black conserative was to run,And we were like minded,then he would be my candidate,but a Black Democrat?NCIH!

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Let's be clear. Miko Grimes is a publicity.....hound. None of this has been confirmed and it has been disputed by those who would know.

But- NFL wife claims that the Raiders "O" line let Derek Car get sacked (and injured) because he is an outspoken Christian and did not support protests.

[/FONT][/COLOR]

https://sports.yahoo.com/wife-buccaneers-star-makes-reckless-claim-derek-carr-raiders-linemen-171321544.html

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...-that-raiders-o-line-let-derek-carr-get-hurt/

I am a raider fan and have been since I figured out what real football is about.
    I heard from others that the "O" line did this. And why. Makes as much sense as the entire movement. None.
    Typical.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I am a raider fan and have been since I figured out what real football is about.
    I heard from others that the "O" line did this. And why. Makes as much sense as the entire movement. None.
    Typical.

conformity-asch-meme.jpg

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

[/FONT][/COLOR]

Here's the video. Not really seeing the claim. QB rolls out. The line would've known that. If you want to get your QB hurt, you pick a play where he stays in the pocket.

[video=youtube;MlnOB0ud5Ro]https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=31&v=MlnOB0ud5Ro[/video]

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I don't know if i can explain my thoughts right, but here goes. People who may not want a black president aren't necessarily racist. I think this may apply to just a Dem black president, though. My first thought would be, "oh great- now every time we criticize or disagree with the president, we're going to be called racist again." I've seen it happen in the workplace, too. Too much of this, and it actually makes some people turn into racists. It would be interesting to see what would happen with a Conservative black president.

Yes, they 100% are. And for the record, Trump made not such clarification as to party affiliation.

Hkindiana

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 19, 2010
    Southern Hills
    Yes, they 100% are. And for the record, Trump made not such clarification as to party affiliation.

They are racist if they do not want someone to be president simply BECAUSE of their skin color. If they do not want the person to be president because of their POLITICS, and they just happen to be black, then they most certainly are NOT racist, but will probably be ACCUSED of being racists when they criticize him/her/it/ze.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    They are racist if they do not want someone to be president simply BECAUSE of their skin color. If they do not want the person to be president because of their POLITICS, and they just happen to be black, then they most certainly are NOT racist, but will probably be ACCUSED of being racists when they criticize him/her/it/ze.

That wasn't said by Trump. And if you're not voting for a person because of their politics, then their race has nothing to do with it, and shouldn't even be inferred.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Love the excuses and misdirection on how
    Sadly, because president Obama has done such a poor job as president, you won't see another black president for generations!
    isn't racist. As long as there are those who will dismiss obvious racism, as not being racism, the longer you'll have to deal with the nonsense from the other side.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Love the excuses and misdirection on how isn't racist. As long as there are those who will dismiss obvious racism, as not being racism, the longer you'll have to deal with the nonsense from the other side.

Seriously. Why not dictionary?

Racism =/= Stereotyping

define.jpg

Waiting for the excuses, misdirection and dismissing.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Seriously Kut, if it were up to me, I'd rather redefine racism as regarding race, in any circumstance, as more important than it is. In a few circumstances it is important enough to mention.

So if my definition were universally followed, we could say the president's remarks would be considered racist, because Obama's race had nothing to do with his pathetic performance. That mess was all ideology. But the majority of people think race matters much more than it does. So in my definition almost everyone is a little bit racist. but we're not using my definition. Given that, Trump saying that isn't racist. You can say he's implying stereotypes, but that's not the same thing as racism.

CindyE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    north/central IN

I disagree. And I didn't say Trump said it, I'm just saying that is how I feel, and probably many others. I'd be happy to have a black president that supported my views, and me, theirs. I'm just saying, I most likely wouldn't vote Dem anyway, and definitely not left Dem. I don't want to hear 4 or 8 more years of how I'm racist because i didn't vote for the black Dem candidate, or criticize them if they become president. That's not the black person's fault, but it is what it is, thanks to all of the snowflakes and rabid leftists. I'm about as far from racist as you can get. We have a few different mixes in our family, between husband's side and mine, (black/white, Hispanic/white) in our family, have taken camping trips with black friends, etc. I'm confident that I am NOT racist, but the Obama years set us all back by decades, as far as race-relations, IMO. Not just because of Obama, but because of some of the pot-stirring supporters.
    If we had a woman president, and we had the same crap about gender equality and chauvinism as we did racism, I wouldn't blame you if you hoped we'd never have another woman president. I wouldn't even think it was sexist.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Seriously Kut, if it were up to me, I'd rather redefine racism as regarding race, in any circumstance, as more important than it is. In a few circumstances it is important enough to mention.

So if my definition were universally followed, we could say the president's remarks would be considered racist, because Obama's race had nothing to do with his pathetic performance. That mess was all ideology. But the majority of people think race matters much more than it does. So in my definition almost everyone is a little bit racist. but we're not using my definition. Given that, Trump saying that isn't racist. You can say he's implying stereotypes, but that's not the same thing as racism.
    That seems to be how the word is used most often these days. Racial prejudice is not the same as racism.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

So If I said I wouldn't vote for a white Republican that wouldn't be racist?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom