Not open for further replies.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Rob is actually a pretty well grounded guy. He's certainly not like some other folk. Play it even with him, and I'm pretty sure he'll do the same. I think it's wise, given our particular points of view, that we recognize those who seem to at least consider opposing viewpoints rather that dismiss them out of hand.

Oh that’s just silly. I dismiss you. I hereby dismiss everyone with an opposing viewpoint. Except Alpo. Well. No. Him too.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    Rob is actually a pretty well grounded guy. He's certainly not like some other folk. Play it even with him, and I'm pretty sure he'll do the same. I think it's wise, given our particular points of view, that we recognize those who seem to at least consider opposing viewpoints rather that dismiss them out of hand.

And more than likely your right. However at this point it’s a bit hard for me to distinguish people here and deal with them on an individual basis. Partly I think it’s because of my views which tend to be different than most and partly because I’m a bit overwhelmed with the dissenting views and how most can see it so differently. Besides not all are so welcoming and friendly and I’m more than willing to give that back.

Frankly I do have a bit of fun in the gun related forum. But I do have a bit of a problem with the shooter list. You have a nice little community here, but it does seem that community has already established It’s clique and it’s rules.

If it weren’t for the political forum this probably wouldn’t be a problem for me. Well with the exception of the talk behind the back of the shooters list. Really guys, bad idea.

Last edited:

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    And more than likely your right. However at this point it’s a bit hard for me to distinguish people here and deal with them on an individual basis. Partly I think it’s because of my views which tend to be different than most and partly because I’m a bit overwhelmed with the dissenting views and how most can see it so differently. Besides not all are so welcoming and friendly and I’m more than willing to give that back.

Frankly I do have a bit of fun in the gun related forum. But I do have a bit of a problem with the shooter list. You have a nice little community here, but it does seem that community has already established It’s clique and it’s rules.

If it weren’t for the political forum this probably wouldn’t be a problem for me. Well with the exception of the talk behind the back of the shooters list. Really guys, bad idea.

I can only speak for myself, I don't doubt there are some that will always give you a hard time, but if you want me to respect your opinion then you need to respect the opinions of other people. I recognize that you are greatly outnumbered, and you are obviously frustrated, and undoubtedly there are snide comments from the majority that go unremarked. In my own case, I don't doubt I have made comments that probably didn't come across very well. I have been told that I have a "well developed sarcastic wit", which is a nice way of saying that my sense of humor isn't always funny to others. Nonetheless, if you want me to take you seriously you need to recognize that other people don't always see things the way you do.

Here is an example of what not to do:

Yeah, it’s just my hope those who are currently on permanent snooze wake up real real soon.

I don't consider Trump to be the epitome of evil; that doesn't mean I like him, and it doesn't mean I am asleep either. My wife voted for Hillary, I am pretty sure I can handle people having different opinions without thinking there is something wrong with them.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    I can only speak for myself, I don't doubt there are some that will always give you a hard time, but if you want me to respect your opinion then you need to respect the opinions of other people. I recognize that you are greatly outnumbered, and you are obviously frustrated, and undoubtedly there are snide comments from the majority that go unremarked. In my own case, I don't doubt I have made comments that probably didn't come across very well. I have been told that I have a "well developed sarcastic wit", which is a nice way of saying that my sense of humor isn't always funny to others. Nonetheless, if you want me to take you seriously you need to recognize that other people don't always see things the way you do.

Here is an example of what not to do:

I don't consider Trump to be the epitome of evil, that doesn't mean I like him, and it doesn't mean I am asleep either. My wife voted for Hillary, I am pretty sure I can handle people having different opinions without thinking there is something wrong with them.

It sounds like we have something in common. As I often make comments that don’t come across very well. I also tend to take things like people talking behind my back personal. But I don’t want to get into a finger pointing contest either.

This may or may not make any sense to you but I’ll give it a shot.

i’ve always said that a relationship or understanding if you will of any nature is only worth having if it takes time to develop. It’s too easy to be friendly or hateful initially but when a true understanding exist than it is most likely earned. Does that mean the parties have grown, developed, or even changed? Not necessarily even though it probably wouldn’t hurt. Yes, it probably wouldn’t hurt if I didn’t say that type of thing. Now that’s going to take some work, and i’ll Imagine there’ll be slippage. I have to say though, i’m not the only guilty party and I never react well to real or perceived insults. I’m way too stubborn for that.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

When you don’t understand how people can see things so differently from you, it means yiur bubble is starting to break. Let it happen. It’s better to understand people than not.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    Well I’ll not going to go through each and every post to make any points. However I do find the hysteria and outrage a bit misplaced. Frankly I have more contempt for DT who wishes to make it even more than what it was before his envolvement. Seems like, no he actually has the unique ability to exploit these things and make them even worse. Oh I can’t wait for the first Obahma response. No, no DT is way worse and it’s much much different. He seeks out opportunities and he incites the mob. Populism, boy he has that down doesn’t he. He sure knows his crowd when he sees them coming.
    You could say the exact same things about Obama.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    Reality seems to be that a large number of people in this country find it distasteful that these players would choose to protest in the manner they are. t.
    The last five words are what's important here!
    I'm guessing that most people wouldn't have a problem with them protesting in a different place and time. I believe most people don't have nearly the distaste for protest as they do for disrespect!

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    The last five words are what's important here!
    I'm guessing that most people wouldn't have a problem with them protesting in a different place and time. I believe most people don't have nearly the distaste for protest as they do for disrespect!

You mean like saying something when they interview the players maybe.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    I have too....
    ...but that's not what was said. What was said, was "inmates running the prison." That changes the entire dynamic in what is meant. With asylum, it's arguable whether of not the players are crazy for their demands... with prison, you're implying something significantly more. It may have been the comment was misspoken. I hope it was misspoken, and in such case the owner should apologize. If it's not a mistake, then the owner has shown how he views his players.
    He obviously misspoke the age old saying, and I don't see how anyone could think he was calling th players prisoners or criminals.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    If one apologizes, then one can be forgiven for a slip of the tongue. Given the context where this owner made the statement, it's hard for a player (and those who agree with them) to not care how that message was relayed.
    He did apologize, although I don't believe he had anything to apologize for.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    Obviously, it's a question of perspective. When someone refers to another as being a "pleb," I do not think they are actually referring to the ordinary citizen of the Roman Empire. It's an expression of a relationship dynamic, not to be taken literally.
    Where did this come from?
    I've never heard anyone call anyone else a pleb. I've never even heard or seen the word until your post.
    I HAVE many, many times heard the expression that the owner used (or intended to use).

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    NFL-crime-statistics.jpg

Why oh why would they think they're in a prison?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Where did this come from?
    I've never heard anyone call anyone else a pleb. I've never even heard or seen the word until your post.
    I HAVE many, many times heard the expression that the owner used (or intended to use).

Never? Ok, but anyways it was simply used as an example. How about "serf," ever heard of that one? This isn't about how familiar one is with my examples, but rather the relationship illustrated by the language used in such a way.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Because that the perception that assigned them, despite having a lower rate of arrest that the Average American.

And their conviction rate seems to be low.
    Wonder if that's cause they're famous.
    What ever happened to the player that knocked his girlfriend out cold right in front of the camera on an elevator?
    Conviction?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom