Not open for further replies.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Didn’t they discover that the officials there actually did police in a manner which was discremenating? The actual incident that started the whole chain of events may have been proven false but their policies and how they policed if I remember correctly were a root cause of the whole problem.

True but irrelevant to the point. You said DT was unique in his ability to incite people. I was merely showing an example where a previous office holder had done his utmost to incite the citizenry. I guess if we're looking for a bright spot at least when DT incites people they don't burn and loot their own communities.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Well I’ll not going to go through each and every post to make any points. However I do find the hysteria and outrage a bit misplaced. Frankly I have more contempt for DT who wishes to make it even more than what it was before his envolvement. Seems like, no he actually has the unique ability to exploit these things and make them even worse. Oh I can’t wait for the first Obahma response. No, no DT is way worse and it’s much much different. He seeks out opportunities and he incites the mob. Populism, boy he has that down doesn’t he. He sure knows his crowd when he sees them coming.
    This isn't about Trump. People are turning against the NFL because of their dislike of the actions of a number of their players. All Trump's commenting on it did was make more players do a knee jerk reaction and decide to join in. Like you they let their personal dislike for the President cloud their view on this subject.

Reality seems to be that a large number of people in this country find it distasteful that these players would choose to protest in the manner they are. As those people turn their backs on the NFL, it will reduce revenue. That will make both the owners and players unhappy at some point.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    This isn't about Trump. People are turning against the NFL because of their dislike of the actions of a number of their players. All Trump's commenting on it did was make more players do a knee jerk reaction and decide to join in. Like you they let their personal dislike for the President cloud their view on this subject.

Reality seems to be that a large number of people in this country find it distasteful that these players would choose to protest in the manner they are. As those people turn their backs on the NFL, it will reduce revenue. That will make both the owners and players unhappy at some point.

All Trump did was totally and completely unnecessary and actually dangerous. He weighed in when it wasn’t necessary and tried to make him look the stalwart of all that is good about our nation. Get that,, him being so patriotic. Where’s you bone spurs now, your frigging highly moral hypocrite. Oh, but a prisoner of war is so objectionable. Please

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello

Yes, for my part I couldn't care less what the President or any other politician thinks about it. I have my own opinions

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    All Trump did was totally and completely unnecessary and actually dangerous. He weighed in when it wasn’t necessary and tried to make him look the stalwart of all that is good about our nation. Get that,, him being so patriotic. Where’s you bone spurs now, your frigging highly moral hypocrite. Oh, but a prisoner of war is so objectionable. Please
    In that he definitely followed his predecessor.

I am still amazed at how violently you react to the President.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Ease up on social media
    Quit with the nicknames
    Quit stoking the NK fire
    Make new tax proposal clear on exactly who gets what

Just to name a few +1

Those are fair... but I'd add one more-
    -Quit lying about stuff that you have no reason to lie about.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Ease up on social media
    Quit with the nicknames
    Quit stoking the NK fire
    Make new tax proposal clear on exactly who gets what

Just to name a few +1

I actually like the nicknames.It's easy to remember why he doesn't like someone based on the nickname they get.
    Crooked Hillary and Rocket Man are my favorite so far. :):

I like when he spells the nicknames too ...

[video=youtube;g3gZ68x2cw4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3gZ68x2cw4[/video]

Those are fair... but I'd add one more-
    -Quit lying about stuff that you have no reason to lie about.

Not just "Quit lying?". :dunno:
    That might be asking too much to a politician.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

You wouldn't agree he lies about stuff that makes you go, "Huh? Why'd he need to do that?" I mean, if it was lying about something that might send him to prison or endanger the nation, well it's obvious why he would lie.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I actually like the nicknames.It's easy to remember why he doesn't like someone based on the nickname they get.
    Crooked Hillary and Rocket Man are my favorite so far. :):

I like when he spells the nicknames too ...

[video=youtube;g3gZ68x2cw4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3gZ68x2cw4[/video]

Not just "Quit lying?". :dunno:
    That might be asking too much to a politician.

Yes, that would beyond the pale.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    True but irrelevant to the point. You said DT was unique in his ability to incite people. I was merely showing an example where a previous office holder had done his utmost to incite the citizenry. I guess if we're looking for a bright spot at least when DT incites people they don't burn and loot their own communities.

I really wish the rep system was working...:):

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    You wouldn't agree he lies about stuff that makes you go, "Huh? Why'd he need to do that?" I mean, if it was lying about something that might send him to prison or endanger the nation, well it's obvious why he would lie.

Some would say he just uses hyperboles a lot.It's not really lying.

hyperbolehʌɪˈpəːbəli/
    noun

• exaggerated statements or claims not meant to be taken literally.

I see it as being part of the character and not really lies.
    Like when he mentions having the bestest biggest and hugest crowds at his rallies/inauguration.
    Or the "world's greatest steaks" ... that's not a lie because I obviously know they are not the best in the world or even in the country or state.
    They're probaly okay steaks and among the best on the block though (if served in at a restaurant with few restarants on the same block).

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Fox News Poll: Positive views of NFL down 18 points since 2013

1509047598518.png

This was likely taken before the 49ers announced that they are funding gun control.
    https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...500k-to-gun-control-pledge-for-safer-america/

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    You misunderstood my position. :):

That would be my reaction if he were to entertain such a proposition.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom