• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ricnzak

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    Noblesville
    I got this update email yesterday. Pretty much bummed me out about my fantasy of going to the store to pick one out.

CMP M1 Carbine Release in CMP Stores

M1 Carbines will be released in our stores in Anniston, Alabama, and Port Clinton, Ohio, on Thursday, February 4. Since our mail orders sold out in one day, we thought it would be wise to notify our store customers that there will be less than 35 full M1 Carbines in each store. This is the extremely limited quantity referenced in our previous email. They will be sold on a first come, first serve basis. No rifles will be held.

maxipum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 6, 2012
    Bloomington
    I made the trip to port Clinton today got there two hours early and was number 62 in line. and the kicker was the 30 carbines they had were all very nice, saw some I cut stocks, type one bands etc.. but they were all gone by the time I got in. I did manage a 150 dollar barreled receiver (1943 inland ) and some greek 06 ammo.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I made the trip to port Clinton today got there two hours early and was number 62 in line. and the kicker was the 30 carbines they had were all very nice, saw some I cut stocks, type one bands etc.. but they were all gone by the time I got in. I did manage a 150 dollar barreled receiver (1943 inland ) and some greek 06 ammo.

I knew with my luck, that would be a waste of a trip for me. Any word on where these carbines came from?

maxipum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 6, 2012
    Bloomington
    no idea where they came. a lot of people left after the complete carbines sold out but I was pleasently surprised to find a table of barreled recievers when I got inside and they ranged from junk to the very nice one I picked up.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Glad I bought mine off INGO!

It's a 7/44 Inland. Shoots fine. Bought a 40yr old Fagen Stock off GB and built my own hand guard off a Boyds piece. Sweet...took it shooting last weekend and made raged holes of the target.

Got in my M2 mag catch and put it on Monday so now I don't have to worry about 30rnd mags mis-feeding.

Good luck out there...

Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass
    well well, if you were 22, what did you take home? :)

So here is the scoop:

I wanted one, I'm a collector and not really a shooter. My ISPRA membership lapsed on the 31st so I was out for mail order and my only shot was in person at Camp Perry with a last minute GCA membership.

I got the "we only have around 35 per store" email and knew I would need to arrive early. Intel said there were already people in line at around 3 pm. I arrived at 10:30 on the 3rd. The first guy in line had a legal pad with names. You arrive, sign in, and you could go back to your car/hang out. Me and my buddy watched some Netflix movies and dozed a bit till around 6:30. At that time everybody started to gather in the area of the door. Around 7 we got lined up in order. It was about that time an employee walking in informed us there were only 30. Main doors opened around 7:30, the line (150 I guess?) all entered. Now this is just a common/warehouse area and not the actual sales area. Employees took turns taking pictures of the line. Around 8:20 the first 30 were separated from the pack and led to the sales door. Doors open...

Basically it was get your hands on one and go. Some were looking for specific manufactures, however I just wanted a solid rifle. I basically had a few seconds to think about it, and grabbed the one with the best specs of the 2 options I had in reach.

I ended up with a Service Grade Inland with an Underwood stock. I wanted a solid, decent, non import marked M1 carbine. Not to sound rude but its honestly not worth posting a picture of but if your a "picky" person you probably wouldn't like it. The stock is a little rougher than I expected but it did not affect my decision what so ever. These rifles were NOT anything to write home about but I was happy to go from zero to 1.

The stripped barreled receivers were marked $450. If they had been the $150 price reported elsewhere when I was there I might have picked up one "just because". Part of me thinks this might have been the CMP trying to make sure others got something. I cant prove it and don't really care because it would have probably sat unbuilt until my estate is settled.

I know that #31 in line got a shot at a rifle because my buddy had issues with his citizenship documents and was rejected. I had a hiccup with my club membership status and it took a bit to get it settled.

I was satisfied, but CMP folks are some of the biggest whiney babies I've ever been around. Everybody has an opinion on how things could be "fair". Some people got there at 8am and seemed dumbstruck there were already people in line. One guy said he was a firemen and couldn't get off and they should be "considerate"....shoulda called off and brought a blanket bro.

Bring on the 1911s.

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    M1 Carbines are available through other sources. Just keep looking. Good pieces can be had at gun shows. No need to line up like Russian Communists in the bread line. No need to whine or sleep in the car or call off work.

rbhargan

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 30, 2012
    Carmel/Liberty
    I had sent in an order for a Service grade M1 carbine from the CMP as soon as I received the email (a Thursday evening). The letter went out on a Friday (just normal snail mail) and I heard that they were oversold on Monday and "winners" would be selected at random from the orders they received that day. I never heard anything so I assumed that either my letter did not get there in time, or I was not one of the lucky ones. This morning I received an email that my order was being processed. Checked this afternoon and my service grade M1 carbine will be delivered tomorrow morning. <happy dance>

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I had sent in an order for a Service grade M1 carbine from the CMP as soon as I received the email (a Thursday evening). The letter went out on a Friday (just normal snail mail) and I heard that they were oversold on Monday and "winners" would be selected at random from the orders they received that day. I never heard anything so I assumed that either my letter did not get there in time, or I was not one of the lucky ones. This morning I received an email that my order was being processed. Checked this afternoon and my service grade M1 carbine will be delivered tomorrow morning. <happy dance>

Are you kidding?

I sent mine out on Friday by FedEx and same as you, figured day late--dollar short.

But no email for me, yet. :(

Good for you though!

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    In 1965 my dads friend in Detroit ordered two Winchester carbines out of the American Legion magazine for $15 ea shipped, he let his son and I use them as kids during deer season. My dad had a Garand so he didn't order any carbines, only a Colt 1911 made in 1918 and arsenal refinished after WWII, that he has since given to me. (I added the plastic Colt box)
    I took it home to him last month, and he was reunited with his old buddy for fifty rounds.
    I was there when the postman delivered it, he paid $17.50 for it.
    My how time flies and things change.

View attachment 46571
    View attachment 46572
    View attachment 46573

Top Bottom