• ...and so much more!
  • Winamac

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 11, 2011
    Logansport
    Just got an e-mail from the CMP. They have a limited number of M1 carbines for sale. Description indicated "Luck of the draw" on maker. They have Service Grade:
    $685.00 and Field Grade: $625.00. They will be available starting 01 Feb 2016. Just passing it along. My apologies if this has already been posted earlier by someone else. Limit one per person per the e-mail I received.

CMP Store Availability: On February 4, our stores in Anniston, Alabama, and Port Clinton, Ohio will have an extremely small quantity of M1 Carbines available. They will be on a first come, first serve basis. No Carbines will be held and purchases must be completed that day. In the store, you will be limited to one type of Carbine. If you have placed a mail order, then decide to visit the store, your mail order will not be honored.

Last edited:

dubsac

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Indianapolis
    im sending my paper work in on Saturday. Hoping to talk my dad into buying one and if he doesnt i might just put one on my CC for him.

trophyhunter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 2, 2008
    South Bend
    im sending my paper work in on Saturday. Hoping to talk my dad into buying one and if he doesnt i might just put one on my CC for him.
    You really ought to grab one for him if he would enjoy having it, we got a hotel for the night and visited the North store couple years back when they got the big carbine shipment in you wouldn't believe how busy they were those carbines were literally flying off the shelves and we spent the better part of two whole days picking through them to get two better than average specimens.

By the end of day two they had pretty much put out everything they were going to until the mail orders were filled, cant believe the selling prices on them since then and most of what we saw were tattered and rough in service grade the rack grades looked like they were used as fence post drivers and still sold like mad.

They must just get lucky every now and again and stumble into a few crates of them, can't be many more if any left at this point.

Winamac

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 11, 2011
    Logansport
    You really ought to grab one for him if he would enjoy having it, we got a hotel for the night and visited the North store couple years back when they got the big carbine shipment in you wouldn't believe how busy they were those carbines were literally flying off the shelves and we spent the better part of two whole days picking through them to get two better than average specimens.

By the end of day two they had pretty much put out everything they were going to until the mail orders were filled, cant believe the selling prices on them since then and most of what we saw were tattered and rough in service grade the rack grades looked like they were used as fence post drivers and still sold like mad.

They must just get lucky every now and again and stumble into a few crates of them, can't be many more if any left at this point.

The e-mail I got from the CMP indicated that a limited number of carbines would also be available at the Anniston store and the Port Clinton North store starting 04 Feb 2016.

Winamac

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 11, 2011
    Logansport

Maybe you and your Dad should entertain a "road trip" to the Port Clinton store? If you have never been it is a AWESOME experience and place.

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    I really need to sign up for the Garand Collector's association so I can stop missing out on this stuff.

Also, just going to take a moment to complain about the current administration blocking the import of hundred of thousands of M1 carbines and M1 Garands from South Korea.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I guess when they said limited supply, they meant limited supply. And I got my order in as quick as I could but, once again, a day late....

Since our mail orders sold out in one day, we thought it would be wise to notify our store customers that there will be less than 35 full M1 Carbines in each store.

CMP Sales Update - 2 February 2016

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    I bought a "collector" grade M1 Garand from CMP. It was basically a brand new rifle that had been kept in an armory. Was manufactured in 1954 and still had the cosmolene in the barrel when I got it. Beautiful rifle, mint condition. Not sure if they still have any of the collector grades, but I would spend the extra money for a collector grade if you can find one.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I bought a "collector" grade M1 Garand from CMP. It was basically a brand new rifle that had been kept in an armory. Was manufactured in 1954 and still had the cosmolene in the barrel when I got it. Beautiful rifle, mint condition. Not sure if they still have any of the collector grades, but I would spend the extra money for a collector grade if you can find one.

It may have been re-arsenaled in 1954, but the USGI rifles were only made from September of 1941 to August of 1945. Sounds like a nice rifle regardless! :)

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Sold out already? DAAAAANNNNGGGGG that was fast.

My wife asked me why I was in such a hurry to get my order out. I told her they said they had a limited supply and I didn't know if that meant 13, 130, or 13,000. I'm guessing it was between 13 and 130. :rolleyes:

Top Bottom