• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I've got some Liberal folks on my Facebook feed calling him "the drunk uncle" and saying it was terrible and embarrassing for all involved. Was it bad? Or are they just being what we've come to expect of them?

Often we find ridicule serving as a scoundrel's last refuge, especially when the scoundrel lacks a credible argument.

BrianJacobsen

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 10, 2011
    Carthage
    I despise the way people allow themselves to act mean for the cause of politics. The man is 80-something years old! Where is the freakin' respect! :xmad: I can care less about his politics.

If this comment is directed at me let me just say, first, I didn't think he did a very good job. Just my .02 but I was profoundly bored a couple of minutes in. My snarky comment had nothing to do with politics. And as a matter of fact I agree with all his points just thought he was a poor public speaker.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    If this comment is directed at me let me just say, first, I didn't think he did a very good job. Just my .02 but I was profoundly bored a couple of minutes in. My snarky comment had nothing to do with politics. And as a matter of fact I agree with all his points just thought he was a poor public speaker.

I quoted who I was directing my comment toward. I didn't see your post until I hit "Submit Reply."

Shoots4Fun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    74   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    I loved his delivery and comments. I almosts fell over laughing at his comment that Biden was the "intellect of te democratic party". My sentiments exactly. That man is an embarrassment to the country IMHO and Clint called him out. "made my day" :D

:yesway::yesway::yesway:

hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana
    I watched it on FBN, because they don't seem to cut away and pontificate. After the Eastwood speech, there was a reference to a frozen teleprompter and that entire speech being ad-libbed. I hope I can be that mentally agile when i'm 80+. Almost made me feel bad about my earlier post in this thread.

.45 Dave

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Anderson
    I don't know, I kinda enjoyed it. After all the polished political speeches it was refreshing to just have Clint come out and just say what many are thinking without the rhetoric. He certainly got the crowd laughing and feeling good.

goinggreyfast

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    Morgan County
    Mixed feelings about Clint's speech. I think it could have been better if he gave it last night rather than less than an hour before Mitt. :twocents:

Last edited:

Super Bee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    I liked Clints speech a lot.

I was a little nervous when he started talking to the empty chair, it took me a few seconds before I realized what he was doing. That bit could have gone either way, and he did a great job.

Last edited:

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I despise the way people allow themselves to act mean for the cause of politics. The man is 80-something years old! Where is the freakin' respect! :xmad: I can care less about his politics.
    They were trying to paint him as a senile old man this morning on some of the networks. Funny, when young blithering idiots from Hollywood say stupid crap, they are treated as intellectual giants.

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    I've got some Liberal folks on my Facebook feed calling him "the drunk uncle" and saying it was terrible and embarrassing for all involved. Was it bad? Or are they just being what we've come to expect of them?

You know, any party that puts Joe Biden in the VP spot shouldn't go around talking about anyone else's "drunk uncle."

DemolitionMan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2009
    Avon, IN
    I agree that Clint did a better job than the MSM is giving him credit for. At the same time, it was more than a little awkward.

I just hate seeing such a legend grow old. I respect him for being able to get up there and give a nationally televised speech (especially if the teleprompter really did freeze up). It was just difficult to watch....makes me want to break out the Josey Wales DVD.

TTravis

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2011
    Plainfield / Mooresville
    He did a good job of making the people at MSNBC squirm in their seats. Those people just can't take a joke about their chosen one. I enjoyed it more the 2nd time I watched it on the link above. Clint is a legend, both on screen and off. People only look foolish when they try to criticise him.

rw02kr43

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    Paragon
    Clint Eastwood

I thought it was great. Of course this morning my sister is on FB saying how stupid and senile he is. Yahoo has it on their homepage about how it was awkward and stupid. Has anyone seen videos of obama without a teleprompter? They say you should never go full retard.

Jason

Mosineer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 1, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    Thought he was pretty good for a "off the cuff" no telepropmpter speech. Really liked the Biden jab...a grin with a body behind it. There were moments that may have drawn a slight cringe from the RNC. On the other hand he slammed Obama and his policies hard enough that the Obamanites will be sharpening thier knives and their tongues.

Last edited:

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    While entertaining... unfortunately all it did was give a liberal media the opportunity to focus on something other than Mitt Romney.

Top Bottom