• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I know it's fun to bag on the greenies, but what would happen to a normal power plant hit by a tornado like that? That was one mean b****.
    There would be damage, but it wouldn't need to be completely rebuilt from the ground up and would likely be operating again in a matter of days. A nuke would lose some electrical connections and some exterior lights and antennas and be back online in a matter of hours

For the pinwheels, probably not so much. Same for large fields of frangible silicon solar panels

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    There would be damage, but it wouldn't need to be completely rebuilt from the ground up and would likely be operating again in a matter of days. A nuke would lose some electrical connections and some exterior lights and antennas and be back online in a matter of hours

For the pinwheels, probably not so much. Same for large fields of frangible silicon solar panels

Just like when the Allies in WWII bombed heavy industry.
    Those bombs do less damage to heavy reinforced industrial buildings.
    Once you repair the damage in the immediate area of the bomb, that industry would be running in a day or two.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Elanco is now marketing a product that if fed to cows reduces the amount of methane in their farts. I'm wondering how long before it becomes mandatory to feed to all cows in the US. Buying a law is the easy path to riches.
    There's that. But also competing interests. If there's no longer an excuse to get rid of cows, how will Bill gates sell his fake hamburgers?

Nazgul

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2012
    Near the big river.
    Elanco is now marketing a product that if fed to cows reduces the amount of methane in their farts. I'm wondering how long before it becomes mandatory to feed to all cows in the US. Buying a law is the easy path to riches.
    My son is a Chemical Engineer at Elanco. I will ask him about this.

If it is true it is a gold mine !!!

Don

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Ok so you are chasing a huge tornado. Really neat in my opinion. By definition you are a Storm Chaser, so what is with all the screaming and repeated shouting like a scared little bi**ch ??
    If storms scare you....don't chase them. :dunno:

Don
    Thrill seeking? :dunno:

At one point one of the little bitches says to another little bitch, "stay in the car", while he's driving at a high rate of speed. :n00b:

Why? Was one of them seriously about to jump out of the car?

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County

This study says that the International Maritime Organization’s 2020 regulations forcing a reduction in ships sulfur emissions allowed more sunlight to reach the Earth’s surface, causing a significant increase in alleged global warming.

rhamersley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2016
    Danville

This study says that the International Maritime Organization’s 2020 regulations forcing a reduction in ships sulfur emissions allowed more sunlight to reach the Earth’s surface, causing a significant increase in alleged global warming.

1717501830670.png

Top Bottom