• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Littlejoe

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Elrod Indiana
    I am having trouble with my sons Beretta 390 shotgun.He is on a trapp team and shoots this gun very well. Tonight he had trouble with the action staying open after he shot. We bought this gun new in the spring and he has shoot 1200-1500 rds. through it. We run a bore snake through it after every event and spray and wipe it down. My question is how soon do we take it apart and clean it and how hard is this to do? Is this something I can do myself or do I need a gunsmith? I am hoping this will fix the problem.:dunno:

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    I was fishing around for some information about getting the plastic residue out of a shotgun bore when I came across this one. I can't believe he didn't get one reply.

To the OP, I don't own a Beretta 390 (or any other semi-auto shotgun) so I can't say for sure. My guess is that you would have to clean it as much as any other semi-auto firearm and not wait until you have regular malfunctions. I'm also guessing that the owner's manual should guide you in the basic field strip process necessary prior to cleaning. There's probably some good resources (videos) available online as well.

Hondo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I hace 2 390's 12 and 20 guage...after that many rounds the gas tube/piston can get fouled and cause similar problems...unscrew the front end, disassemblre and wipe down the gas piston and inside the gas tube.

When you put it back together it is a loose fit but that is normal...I use a little SLP lube to do the cleaning and wipe off the excess...this is a 5 minute fix that should help a lot.:twocents:

Top Bottom