• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • level0

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 13, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Classified are classifieds - you find a good deal but you have to look for it. Let the buyer beware. I've purchased three guns from the classifieds here and am satisfied with the $$ and process each time. Good deals can be found, just keep your eyes open.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    but it denotes you have guns logically speaking... buying a gun from a gun shop does not denote that u still have the gun you bought...i could have sold it for double price in the classifieds

Exactly. But, having guns "to your name" likely increases 'probable cause' of ownership of said firearms.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    369   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    I enjoy the "ill take it per our conversations via pm".
    Like they're locking it in for sure or something, LOL!

I sometimes do that to acknowledge publicly my agreement to buy and wish more folks would. I tend to be lenient when, wonder of wonders, ANOTHER water heater goes out after someone tells me they will take it but it gets old..

MTN

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 3, 2014
    Laporte Co.
    in the classifieds right now you can get a mini 14 for 1200 or you can buy new for 731 plus transfer
    in the classifieds you can get a pre owned glock 19 for 575 dollar with factory items and a 33 round mag included ...you can get this gun for 500 new plus transfer and i am pretty sure a 33 round mags is not worth 75 bucks

Let me give some of you guys an economics lesson.
    I will compare and illustrate it with real estates principle of substitution

According to the principle of substitution, a buyer will not pay more for a property than an equally desirable property.

Applied to your used gun:

According to the principle of substitution, a buyer will not pay more for a used gun than an equally desirable used gun.

So when you bump your stupid over priced shield for 40 consecutive days then you probably have it priced to high....also i tire of people buying glock 42 mouse guns and selling them for 600...who is buying these? You should be restrained if you cant wait 30 days to get a glock in a mouse caliber

Thats all--free market bashers -bring it on...i am free to bash in the free market...i can see being over 50 bucks but the mini 14 dude is over 500...did he buy it a don's guns?

Just looked at ruger website. They list mini-14 tactical for $989.00. He's gouging pretty good on this one. I look at it,like if you buy a new vehicle it depreciates when u drive off lot. I think guns do same when they leave gun shop. My opinion.

I just sold a mosin I bought for $100 years back,for $80. I sold it with everything that came with plus added a plastic case, stripper clip, 30 rds of ammo. You can't even get a mosin for $100 anymore, they all like $150 now a days. I thought I did pretty good on that deal.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    My favorite postings are used carry guns (sometimes with holster wear), that claimed to have never been fired.
    I like to rage on Kel-tec prices, and magazines called "clips". :)

I go into the classifieds now not in search to buy as that ain't happening with the currant crop of idiots selling in there. I go for the Humor as it is everywhere.
    A TRP with much of the finish worn off the gun for new price. A 12 year old Rem. 700 for near new price. A used RO for Retail........:laugh:

Post-em like you want to. This ain't gunbroker fellas. Most of us know what these pieces are worth.

In this market I can post a gun for a very fair price and it is scooped up very quickly. I get those looking to buy cheap and re-post at a profit here or elsewhere but I know who most of them are. They do not get the gun........:)

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I go into the classifieds now not in search to buy as that ain't happening with the currant crop of idiots selling in there. I go for the Humor as it is everywhere.
    A TRP with much of the finish worn off the gun for new price. A 12 year old Rem. 700 for near new price. A used RO for Retail........:laugh:

Post-em like you want to. This ain't gunbroker fellas. Most of us know what these pieces are worth.

Exactly. I hit Gunwatcher and check the lowest price, with shipping I can find at a reputable site, add the $15 FFL fee I know I'll be charged and that's the New price I have in my mind. Used will need to be at least $50 off of that, unless there has been work done, extra mags or accessories included, etc. The other funny thing is when someone has work done and expects every penny of that back when they sell the gun. I'll allow a bit higher price for work, but expecting what you paid isn't gonna happen.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Exactly. I hit Gunwatcher and check the lowest price, with shipping I can find at a reputable site, add the $15 FFL fee I know I'll be charged and that's the New price I have in my mind. Used will need to be at least $50 off of that, unless there has been work done, extra mags or accessories included, etc. The other funny thing is when someone has work done and expects every penny of that back when they sell the gun. I'll allow a bit higher price for work, but expecting what you paid isn't gonna happen.

I will only by a "Worked" gun if it has all the credentials as to who/what/when/where and why. I will consider worked pieces from qualified individuals I know personally. A mad man with a new dremel tool is not one of those people.
    I know what the guns I like cost new out the door. If one is posted at anywhere near new price I opt for the new gun. A used gun is exactly that....used. Period.

Max Volume

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 26, 2008
    da region Highland
    Adds should be deleted after 30 days like another non firearm forum I visit. The classifieds are just entertainment. Nothing too much is interesting. Probably just a bunch of things people read about in the latest gun rag and thought it was the greatest thing since, errrr bacon, until they found it was not to their liking then try to turn a profit after paying too much initially.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    84   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    Just looked at ruger website. They list mini-14 tactical for $989.00. He's gouging pretty good on this one. I look at it,like if you buy a new vehicle it depreciates when u drive off lot. I think guns do same when they leave gun shop. My opinion.

I just sold a mosin I bought for $100 years back,for $80. I sold it with everything that came with plus added a plastic case, stripper clip, 30 rds of ammo. You can't even get a mosin for $100 anymore, they all like $150 now a days. I thought I did pretty good on that deal.

At some point though a gun that has been discontinued for some time will start to creep back up like classic cars..

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    I've gotten a couple of good deals on accessories. I got a nice leather gun belt for $20 and a set of Smith wooden grips for $20. I also sold my old Smith grips for $20. So there are good deals to be had, as long as the price is $20. :laugh:

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 30, 2012
    Elkhart, IN
    I'm pretty sure that they get the same google searches that I do but , hey , some one in New York put that price on a mint condition piece

I always find it funny when someone describes a firearm as "Mint". It is not minted, or made in a mint, or stored in a mint. No even scented minty fresh, so how can a firearm be MINT????

Last edited:

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    I'm pretty sure that they get the same google searches that I do but , hey , some one in New York put that price on a mint condition piece

I always find it funny when someone describes a firearm as "Mint". It is not minted, or made in a mint, or stored in a mint. No even scented minty fresh, so how can a firearm be MINT????

[h=1]Mint condition[/h] From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Mint condition is an expression used in the description of pre-owned goods. Originally, the phrase comes from the way collectors describe the condition of coins. As the name given to a coin factory is a "mint", then mint condition is the condition a coin is in when it leaves the mint.[SUP][1][/SUP] Over time, the term "mint" began to be used to describe many different items having excellent, like-new quality.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    5 total, 3 for violating the classifieds. 2 of them are from that Nazi mod Roadie :laugh:

Welcome to the club... I got one in the classifieds too for having too much fun... then a second in the same spoof thread from another mod several hours later. So a double hit for the same harmless spoof. While the second mod said he was sorry for not noticing the first hit, Nobody will even discuss the fact that the second hit wasnt necessary. Oh well. Their forum, their rules I guess. :dunno:

Top Bottom