• ...and so much more!
  • Michigan Slim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2014
    Fort Wayne
    I've been thinking about posting my Witness for sale. Less than 10,000 rounds fired. Like new. Two tone. Paid 350.00. Willing to take a loss. $1200.00 firm.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Just saw this one. This place is turning into a Craigslist hookup hot spot. This is obviously a thinly veiled ad for a guy wanting to hook up with another guy or someone with a very specific "toy" of some kind. Am I reading it wrong? C'mon Burl, put some effort into coding your language better. I kinda blushed a little reading this.

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/want-buy/407635-rear-tine-tiller.html

latest

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    I was recently in conversation with a gentleman on a used rifle. He was asking better than new price for it. He did sweeten the pot but I couldn't reconcile his price vs new. I passed. He found some other [STRIKE]sucker[/STRIKE] less informed individual to buy it.

Moral: You think it's too much don't buy it. If he finds someone to pay his price I say more power to him.

Smith& W

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Apr 4, 2015
    Indpls.
    My favorite ads are the ones that say "LIKE NEW ", but say later only fired 300 rounds. I have yet to buy a new gun with 300 test fires at the factory.

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    Personally, the ads that say they've had the gun for 2 months and never fired it, it's brand new in the box. I call BS! I for one can't get a new gun and not run at least one magazine through it that day, I've done it in ten below weather!

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    202   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    Personally, the ads that say they've had the gun for 2 months and never fired it, it's brand new in the box. I call BS! I for one can't get a new gun and not run at least one magazine through it that day, I've done it in ten below weather!

Not true, I actually own several guns that I have never fired. Some of us do buy them and just put them away.

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    202   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    Your insane. Maybe I just don't own enough guns?

Maybe not, maybe you're not as old as me. Maybe I've been buying guns since I was 16. I have at least 3 AR's that are brand new. Actually come to think of it, they are the only ones I have that have not been fired.
    One of the AR's is an LWRC that they only made 100 of. I most likely will gunbroker it when the next panic hits. It's the Spartan, they made 100 in black and 300 in FDE, I have one of the black ones. That is the reason that one has not been fired.
    I want to keep it new, so that when it comes time to sell it, someone will pay up that wants to own it more than I do. They made them in 2012, it becomes more collectible every year.

SwingW/theWing

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 2, 2015
    Bloomington
    Not true, I actually own several guns that I have never fired. Some of us do buy them and just put them away.
    I helped my in laws move and found at least 40 guns my father in law had forgotten about. Atleast half were still in the box and not fired. He was in the habit of buying them if they were on sale apparently. Most were woke off the wall guns that looked like joe bob down the road made in the garage. Had a couple Remington 700's that I hope he plans to relocate into my safe.

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    202   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    I helped my in laws move and found at least 40 guns my father in law had forgotten about. Atleast half were still in the box and not fired. He was in the habit of buying them if they were on sale apparently. Most were woke off the wall guns that looked like joe bob down the road made in the garage. Had a couple Remington 700's that I hope he plans to relocate into my safe.

It happens, some people have large disposable incomes. Guns, ammo, and mags, are better than the stock market. I know where every gun I own is at. I don't own 40 total, but all mine are quality, no junk in my collection.

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    Maybe not, maybe you're not as old as me. Maybe I've been buying guns since I was 16. I have at least 3 AR's that are brand new. Actually come to think of it, they are the only ones I have that have not been fired.
    One of the AR's is an LWRC that they only made 100 of. I most likely will gunbroker it when the next panic hits. It's the Spartan, they made 100 in black and 300 in FDE, I have one of the black ones. That is the reason that one has not been fired.
    I want to keep it new, so that when it comes time to sell it, someone will pay up that wants to own it more than I do. They made them in 2012, it becomes more collectible every year.
    Well I can understand it if it's to retain resell value. Personally, I don't think I could buy a new gun and not shoot it once. I bow down to your will power master 223 Gunner:bowdown:

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    202   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    Well I can understand it if it's to retain resell value. Personally, I don't think I could buy a new gun and not shoot it once. I bow down to your will power master 223 Gunner:bowdown:

The other two I just haven't gotten around to shooting yet. But there are guys out there that just collect. I have met a few, that just buy and sit them in the safe. Over the past couple of years I have been selling down my collection, just for that fact that I felt like I had too many to look after as far as maintenance on them, and it did free up some cash, they really are like money in the bank.

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    The other two I just haven't gotten around to shooting yet. But there are guys out there that just collect. I have met a few, that just buy and sit them in the safe. Over the past couple of years I have been selling down my collection, just for that fact that I felt like I had too many to look after as far as maintenance on them, and it did free up some cash, they really are like money in the bank.
    They are like money in the bank, problem is my wife will see the money come out of the bank before she sees it going back inwaaa2 then she's liable to fire one I haven't shot yet!

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    I'm with you frosty. If I buy a gun it's usually fired at least once that day. I haven't been buying them long enough to buy a new one and just put it away.
    I guess it's like birthdays as you get older or something? I don't collect, and I have to save up my extra cash to buy them, so I don't get to buy new guns very often. The one benefit of that is the few that I do own I know inside and out... Intimately!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    They are like money in the bank, problem is my wife will see the money come out of the bank before she sees it going back inwaaa2 then she's liable to fire one I haven't shot yet!

At you right........:))

I have a few I have built/bought and modified I have yet to shoot. Just no time to get out and run them yet.
    Finished 2 1911's today. They will be patient enough to wait on me...:)

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    At you right........:))

I have a few I have built/bought and modified I have yet to shoot. Just no time to get out and run them yet.
    Finished 2 1911's today. They will be patient enough to wait on me...:)
    That's what you get for retiring!

I sold my first handgun on here, I went that day and bought an M&P.45, it was in late January or early February 2 years ago. All I know is it was miserable out, and a ton of snow on the ground... I went out, hastily shot 20 rounds, smiled, then ran back inside and stood by the furnace! I guess once you've shot enough the new kinda wears off?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    That's what you get for retiring!

I sold my first handgun on here, I went that day and bought an M&P.45, it was in late January or early February 2 years ago. All I know is it was miserable out, and a ton of snow on the ground... I went out, hastily shot 20 rounds, smiled, then ran back inside and stood by the furnace! I guess once you've shot enough the new kinda wears off?

Never gets old.......Never.
    Constantly learning and trying new things.

Top Bottom