• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • maxmayhem

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Ocala, FL (for now)
    oh and by the way...if you are selling your shield in 9mm for "what you paid" (450)

Then you paid to much. Don't expect me to undo your mistake and bail you out.

This goes for the gun shop that tried to sell it to me for 459+tax

I got it for 362.99+ free shipping + 5 in insurance and a 15 dollar transfer fee

So the appropriate price for a used shield in the classifieds is less than 382.99

Last edited:

LP1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Friday Town
    Saw a slightly-used Henry 22lr lever action in INGO classifieds this morning (a guy in Mishawaka) advertised for $280. At the height of the panic, I paid $275 OTD. Not hugely overpriced, but still made me shake my head.

Steve.43

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Wabash, IN
    I want to make a point on this:

At some point, some people are willing to pay a slight premium to avoid purchasing with LGS. Some of us feel FFL/LGS adds us to a "list".

There is a market for face-to-face sales.

I think you're right about this, as I feel that way, too. FTF from a guy you'll never see again ensures that you're not added to that "list." (Yes, I do recognize that there are some attendant dangers in FTF, as well.)

maxmayhem

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Ocala, FL (for now)
    but you get one mag and you have to pay to be a team buds member....so you need to add 40-50 for a new mag and 29.95 for team buds membership. things that are different are not the same....
    Almost like someone asking $440 for a used gun when you can buy one new, stainless, w/nite sites delivered for $419+$15-20 transfer fee :dunno: here

Last edited:

maxmayhem

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Ocala, FL (for now)
    also here is my gun at buds....Sig Sauer E20229B 2022 Standard 9mm 3.9" 15+1 Black Synthetic $499.00 SHIPS FREE...so to you i say "nice try"....for some reason everyone is putting the stainless sig 2022 on clearance...i dont care for them...you dont like my price dont buy it....if you want a black one then the price is 500 or you can get the stainless one for less....i am not 500 over priced so sorry about your butthurt...
    Almost like someone asking $440 for a used gun when you can buy one new, stainless, w/nite sites delivered for $419+$15-20 transfer fee :dunno: here

Last edited:

Combsie

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 2, 2012
    Spencerville,IN
    also here is my gun at buds....Sig Sauer E20229B 2022 Standard 9mm 3.9" 15+1 Black Synthetic $499.00 SHIPS FREE...so to you i say "nice try"....for some reason everyone is putting the stainless sig 2022 on clearance...i dont care for them...you dont like my price dont buy it....if you want a black one then the price is 500 or you can get the stainless one for less....i am not 500 over priced so sorry about your butthurt...

The bold is exactly what I was getting at. Everyone in this thread seems to think it's "ok" to hop in and flame someone else's add, but if somebody say's something about theirs they get "butthurt". I'm not trying to start an argument, just merely stating the obvious= "Don't like it, don't buy it!"

maxmayhem

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Ocala, FL (for now)
    what does "you dont like it dont buy it" have to do with it being a mortal sin to flame somebody...who cares....it is ok to say what you want ...i can say what i want too...i can guarantee that i can sell my sig for 400...i have a standing offer for 400...i want more out of it..i wish i could use a jedi mind trick to make you trade your lifesavings for it but, alas, i am no jedi.....when i started this thread i started with the concept of real estate...almost everyone lists there home for more than it will sell to find out what the market is...i KNOW this....i have done 312 appraisals in the last 24 months and about 500 since i got my license....i also know that a person who lists their home above market because they owe more on it because they refinanced their 100k in credit card with an inflated mortgage is not going to find a buyer to bail them out..adversely i also notice that a person who lists there home at market price will not get market price...people like to negotiate..i know this too...i have sold 100s of thousands of dollars of jewelry and people always like to haggle and feel like they are winning...i forgot more about sales than you probably know ..if you list your price as firm and dont negotiate then you will have trouble with buyers...you can utilize the firm strategy in the classifieds or you can utilize the slightly inflated value to "meet in the middle"....if you notice i used both strategies with two of my guns.,...i dont really want to sell the walther so i said firm ...the sig is 440..i dont care if anyone buys it or not.....i know i can get 400..i would like to get more so i can pay off cz i put on layaway since i bought the shield for 382....i wont lose sleep--i will toss and turn tonight for about 4 seconds when i go to sleep if i sell it for 440.....your post was intended to ridicule me so again i say nice try...value is determined by what someone will pay not by a book on guns you buy at walmart....expect to be ridiculed if you sell a used mini 14 for 1200 when i can get tthe same gun for 731....i can handle flaming and i enjoy flaming people as well...this is not a huffpost forum(i got banned here for my conservative comments) where you can only say a politically correct opinion...say what you want, do what you want...doesn't affect me.
    The bold is exactly what I was getting at. Everyone in this thread seems to think it's "ok" to hop in and flame someone else's add, but if somebody say's something about theirs they get "butthurt". I'm not trying to start an argument, just merely stating the obvious= "Don't like it, don't buy it!"

Last edited:

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Necro thread bump.....but I don't think this one should die. Saw this listing this morning and found it particularly amusing.

$1200 for a used Franken-ar with an aero upper, seller doesn't know what barrel, and modded mil-spec trigger.
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/long-guns-rifles-shotguns/407516-custom-16-ar15.html

Hell, my recent Frankenstein build with a Geissele trigger, Larue barrel, DD BCG, matched forged upper/lower receiver set, and SMOS m-lok handguard only cost me $900.

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    Just saw this one. This place is turning into a Craigslist hookup hot spot. This is obviously a thinly veiled ad for a guy wanting to hook up with another guy or someone with a very specific "toy" of some kind. Am I reading it wrong? C'mon Burl, put some effort into coding your language better. I kinda blushed a little reading this.

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/want-buy/407635-rear-tine-tiller.html

fullauto 45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   1
    Dec 27, 2008
    SE Indy
    Top Bottom