Classic Car Pics. Yours not yours, all things cool or not so cool.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bosshoss

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 11, 2009
    MADISON
    You're missing the point... It's only the older generation that's keeping the hobby of hot rodding, and classic cars alive. The younger (healthier) people do not have pride in ownership of of something like that, and they sure as hell don't have any interest (or skills) in building one themselves.
    Well I was poking fun at the post.
    But I disagree as I have seen some of the cars at shows that were built by some of the younger generations and they were very proud of their rides and the attention to detail and build quality was as good as anything I have seen in decades.
    Just because they chose a different base to build on than older generations would have doesn't mean it isn't cool or impressive.

66chevelle

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Jun 16, 2008
    greenfield
    I am with slow hand. My wife and I are both 42 and own 3 old cars. All built or being built by use with help from my dad. Thankfully he can still help and give advice. He rolls around the shows on a scooter but he has gotten us into old cars and even my sons now.

Attachments

• IMG_2879.jpeg
      IMG_2879.jpeg
      184.4 KB · Views: 13
    • IMG_1324.jpeg
      IMG_1324.jpeg
      89.8 KB · Views: 13
    • IMG_6572.jpeg
      IMG_6572.jpeg
      612.5 KB · Views: 13

Slow Hand

Master
    Rating - 99.4%
    153   1   0
    Aug 27, 2008
    West Side
    You're missing the point... It's only the older generation that's keeping the hobby of hot rodding, and classic cars alive. The younger (healthier) people do not have pride in ownership of of something like that, and they sure as hell don't have any interest (or skills) in building one themselves.
    That’s the kind of attitude that kills any hobby. That’s no different than the old guy with his shooting box and his 1954 K-38 shooting wadcutter loads, single handed, bullseye style bitching about the younger guy with a new Glock or Sig. Or the Fudds with their $12K trap guns griping about the kids with their 870 hunting guns at the 16 yard line.

Younger people are building different kinds of cars than you grew up with. Why. Probably because they are the cars these ‘kids’ grew up with. And also, it’s what they can afford. Do I like slammed imports with loud exhaust and goofy lights on the undercarriage? Nope, but it’s people getting into the hobby with what they can afford and what they like. Have you priced a decent muscle car or hot rod lately? Your average 25 year old can’t afford a decent 69 Camaro or 65 Mustang or a 32 ford or 55 Chevy. Heck, even stuff like Fox body Mustangs and 90’s era Camaros and firebirds are bringing stupid money. There are plenty of younger folk building and enjoying cars, just like e did when we were younger. They just may look different than we did. But we were looked down upon by the previous generation too. It happens.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I'm not so sure about that. I admit, I'm not much of a car show type of guy. Never really had a car that I would consider show worthy or even just a street cruiser. I've always been much more into the performance side of the hobby.
    When I go to PRI, every year the booths that cater more towards imports are non stop loaded with people that I'd guess to be under 30. They have some interesting builds on display and they build with the same passion us older folks have. They just start with a different type of canvas and are into a much much different kind of exhaust note.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    I'm not so sure about that. I admit, I'm not much of a car show type of guy. Never really had a car that I would consider show worthy or even just a street cruiser. I've always been much more into the performance side of the hobby.
    When I go to PRI, every year the booths that cater more towards imports are non stop loaded with people that I'd guess to be under 30. They have some interesting builds on display and they build with the same passion us older folks have. They just start with a different type of canvas and are into a much much different kind of exhaust note.
    That exhaust note is like pineapple on pizza though, ya gotta admit.

45sRfun

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

I'll take it because it looks like it has the right kind of transmission. I don't think the fakers have an auto with a stick looking like that. Would have to ensure it has the third pedal. But really, it is too nice for me. I'll stick with my ratty '92 mustang which is a load of fun to drive. Its got a little rust and blows oil out the left rear cylinder, but still goes like a banshee, especially since we had the 3.73 installed in the rear! Bought it used with 150,000 miles on it and the last guy really beat on it, but it still goes strong. Its my daily driver in good weather until my son claims it (we co-own it) but he is 800 miles away for now.
    1725990615664.png

1725990816133.png

Last edited:
    Top Bottom