Classic Car Pics. Yours not yours, all things cool or not so cool.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ironhippie

Go Navy
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2013
    Avon
    Some Blue Oval stuff passes muster.
    Some.....:):
    Oh Ya, My First car was a 65 Mustang ( Which I Still own along with an 86 Gt Vert neither of which are road worthy) so I still have a soft spot for them. Heres the thing though. That crazy uncle of mine used to say " If I want to go fast Ill drive my Mopar, if I feel like getting dirty Ill drive a Ford but if Im leaving town Im sitting my ass in a Chevrolet........lol

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Oh Ya, My First car was a 65 Mustang ( Which I Still own along with an 86 Gt Vert neither of which are road worthy) so I still have a soft spot for them. Heres the thing though. That crazy uncle of mine used to say " If I want to go fast Ill drive my Mopar, if I feel like getting dirty Ill drive a Ford but if Im leaving town Im sitting my ass in a Chevrolet........lol
    Well he was right to a point with that statement...:):
    I bought a 1964 Dodge Polara with a blown engine from a fella I worked with in my mid 20's.
    I was/am and Bow Tie guy dyed in the wool. But the lines and stance of that car just took me and it was priced right.
    We were flipping cars back then so parts were easy especially knowing the right people. The car went 1st to a 383 out of a wrecked Road Runner but I got tired of guys with small block Camaros and Novas beating up on me even after a cam/manifold carb/header /rear gear treatment. So when the opportunity to buy a low miles Hemi came along I jumped on it. I might not have if I had known the hoops we had to jump through to get it in the car. Front sump pan and Blah blah blah but before it went in the hole it got an upgrade on intake carbs, Camshaft ignition and fender well headers. I was not going to get beat anymore.
    Well my partner was putting an LS-6 454 in his 68 Nova at the same time I was doing all this to my car. Man did we talk some trash to each other but we both spent time under both cars. He did close to the same upgrades I did to the 454.

Guess which one was faster.....go ahead, guess....:):

No one else beat me but that Nova got me by at least a fender and sometimes more every single time we raced.

Bow Tie rules.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Pulling these messes out was a serious chore. What a maze of hoses wires and more hoses and wires

R5tQCTU.jpg

The Primered wagon in the background was my street sleeper. 3 peddles and a zinging SB and a serious gear.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Great story, I loved the "I was not going to get beat anymore".......I guess not....Lol.
    I was pretty sure I was to be the king. It was a Hemi after all.
    That thing weighed a metric ton. But it hauled the mail.
    Mopars don't wind up like Chevy's. Took a bit to get used to it and get the tune right.

Ironhippie

Go Navy
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2013
    Avon
    Mopars don't wind up like Chevy's. Took a bit to get used to it and get the tune right.
    Those were the days. In high school we had assigned parking spaces. I drove my 65 Mustang, it had the 200 6cyl, thanks grandpa. The kid who parked in front of me drove a 70 Buick GS455 the kid to the left of him drove a 67 Chevelle SS396. We also had a kid who drove a 69 Z28 daily and one of my Friends had a 70 Nova SS with a 396. I could go on and on about other great cars but those are the ones that really stick out in my memory.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Those were the days. In high school we had assigned parking spaces. I drove my 65 Mustang, it had the 200 6cyl, thanks grandpa. The kid who parked in front of me drove a 70 Buick GS455 the kid to the left of him drove a 67 Chevelle SS396. We also had a kid who drove a 69 Z28 daily and one of my Friends had a 70 Nova SS with a 396. I could go on and on about other great cars but those are the ones that really stick out in my memory.
    We had basically festival parking save for the back row by the ball field. You had to earn a slot back there it was not easy.
    I earned and kept my spot 1st with the 56 chevy with the 396 out of a wrecked corvette. Then the brand new 67 firebird. I totaled the bird unfortunately. That morphed into the 68 Impala SS 427 3 peddle car my senior year.
    I built/bought my own cars as my Dad was a tight ass. I worked and hustled my ass off to get them.
    Dad did loan me some money on the Bird but he was paid back when I sold all my bikes to do it. The Impala was the insurance money and selling the 56 to pay for it up front free and clear.
    Man those were the days.
    The Impala was stolen.

Ironhippie

Go Navy
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2013
    Avon
    We had basically festival parking save for the back row by the ball field. You had to earn a slot back there it was not easy.
    I earned and kept my spot 1st with the 56 chevy with the 396 out of a wrecked corvette. Then the brand new 67 firebird. I totaled the bird unfortunately. That morphed into the 68 Impala SS 427 3 peddle car my senior year.
    I built/bought my own cars as my Dad was a tight ass. I worked and hustled my ass off to get them.
    Dad did loan me some money on the Bird but he was paid back when I sold all my bikes to do it. The Impala was the insurance money and selling the 56 to pay for it up front free and clear.
    Man those were the days.
    The Impala was stolen.
    You win! A 68 SS 427 4 Spd...............SWEET! I still wouldnt be over its theft.

mikek

What, Me Worry??
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 24, 2019
    mooresville
    Man those were the days.
    The Impala was stolen.
    You’ve had some damn nice cars and I enjoy the stories about them

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Love your trucks Mom.
    I'll have to give him my counter offer the next time we are at the bar. He followed us out to make sure it would start and I offered to let him sit in it, but he said he didn't want to be seen in the POS. He has been giving my husband "offers" on his '83 for about a year now. :lmfao:

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Not doubting anything you experienced, but wasn't the rear end really tall in the luxury Polara model, like a 3:13 or something like that? We hunted down a Polara rear end for a gas hog Dodge when gas was hard to get in 1975. The hope was to get 13 or 14 mpg rather than the 9-10 mpg the car was getting with the 3.91.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Pulling these messes out was a serious chore. What a maze of hoses wires and more hoses and wires

R5tQCTU.jpg

The Primered wagon in the background was my street sleeper. 3 peddles and a zinging SB and a serious gear.
    My wife drove a '79 or '80(mind is slipping, can't remember for sure) Malibu wagon for several years. I yanked a 350 out of a '70 Chevelle, put roller rockers, mild cam, carb, TRW 10.5:1 forged pistons, and a few other "upgrades". Stock exhaust. Factory exterior with full hubcaps. It was a sleeper.

Ended up selling it to one of my customer auto shop mechanics. He put a cheap paint job on it and some Pontiac wheels. Looked a lot better.

When you opened the hood, you would swear it came from the factory like that. I even painted the engine GM corp blue, ugh. :)

Top Bottom