CIVIL RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION: General Religious Discussion...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    D3FhorrUgAAl0XN.jpg:large

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    So what I get from that graph is 68.6% of Americans are Christian, 2% jewish and 23.1% profess no religion (except perhaps orthodox GamerGate) and the chart doesn't deal with Buddhism, Hinduism, Islam etc

It should be parsed as religion v no religion since the 'noes' are treated monolithically, thus 'we' outnumber 'them' 3:1. Color me not worried

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    So what I get from that graph is 68.6% of Americans are Christian, 2% jewish and 23.1% profess no religion (except perhaps orthodox GamerGate) and the chart doesn't deal with Buddhism, Hinduism, Islam etc

It should be parsed as religion v no religion since the 'noes' are treated monolithically, thus 'we' outnumber 'them' 3:1. Color me not worried

The context I saw it used in on Twitter was voting blocs, from someone saying "none" should be given grander attention from politicians. But I guess they can come up with any result they want when they split up things like mainline/evangelical to look like a lower representation.

Edit: And I doubt the binary red v blue politician choices are going to be varied enough to satisfy some of these groups but not others. It probably does fall more closely to "Religious vs Non-religious", as far as values.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I'm kinda disappointed that the Baptists don't get their own line. As a 'back easter' when I think mainline I think Methodist and Episcopalian

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I'm kinda disappointed that the Baptists don't get their own line. As a 'back easter' when I think mainline I think Methodist and Episcopalian

Methodist (UMC), Episcopalian, PCUSA, UCC, ELCA, American Baptist (ABCUSA)...

I'm happy we Baptists don't get our own line - we got enough differences already.

Maybe we need a graph of casseroles at church functions.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011

So he's blaming hippies?
    The 60s were all about sex, drugs and rock 'n' roll.
    How in the hell did the pope interpret that into ****ing young alter boys? :dunno:

Benedict says the document, an English translation of which I’ve reviewed, is meant to assist the Church in seeking “a new beginning” and making her “again truly credible as a light among peoples and as a force in service against the powers of *destruction.”

"A new beginning"
    You don't get a new church by throwing a coat of paint on the old crappy church. That's called a cover up. You need to bulldoze the **** out of it until there's nothing left of the old crappy church then you must build a completely new foundation before even starting to construct a new church.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I'm supposed to go see a Christian comedian at Southeast Christian over in Louisville tonight...Meeting at the fireplace then onto see John Crist...

It's at a "church"....And the seats have numbers.....

John Crist?! Seriously? That guy's got some seriously funny stuff on YouTube.

[video=youtube;bb83TYEsIxk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bb83TYEsIxk[/video]

EDIT: I see his Ft. Wayne show, Friday, is sold out. :(

It's downtown, so maybe I'll see if I can catch him out walking. Everyone has to go to Coney Island!

Last edited:

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    John Crist?! Seriously? That guy's got some seriously funny stuff on YouTube.

[video=youtube;bb83TYEsIxk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bb83TYEsIxk[/video]

EDIT: I see his Ft. Wayne show, Friday, is sold out. :(

It's downtown, so maybe I'll see if I can catch him out walking. Everyone has to go to Coney Island!

It was funny...I'd never been to Southeast Christian before...Huge!!! Laura said it's like the YUM Center...We were 5 floors up...John Crist said S.E. Christian has "tythe seating" and if so We were in the $2 tythe section" I mean huge....

348s.jpg
    27.SECCsanctuary.jpg

663055-Large-fullheightview-view-from-the-southeast.jpg

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Wait, that's a church?!

So how was it? Funny?

When I got to work, they were backing up his semi at the venue (right across the street). There was a tour bus there, so if the weather is nice enough, I might wonder around town and see if I can run into John.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Wait, that's a church?!

So how was it? Funny?

When I got to work, they were backing up his semi at the venue (right across the street). There was a tour bus there, so if the weather is nice enough, I might wonder around town and see if I can run into John.

It was very funny...Even the opening acts were funny...Eva's autism coach wanted to do something for us...Her career and Eva's journey started at the same time...She's a Doctor now in neuroscience and Eva was her inspiration to do so...Some of my techniques with Eva have been published by her in neuroscience journals....When Eva started getting antsy about halfway through Brynn took Eva down to the lobby and had a cookie with her so L. and I could enjoy the show...

Screen-Shot-2018-07-24-at-10.52.41-PM.png

Top Bottom