CIVIL RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION: General Religious Discussion...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    In Breaking News, one of the signs of the apocalypse has now happened: foszoe posted a single sentence.

Wait.... he may be editing....

;)

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Since redemption is through Christ Alone, I guess the Bible teaches that the Father and the Holy Spirit are not necessary for redemption

Are you saying the atoning blood of Christ isn't enough? :dunno:

We are redeemed to the Father, through the Son, and aided by the Holy Spirit in sanctification.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Hey now...tried all day to stay out of this one :)

Getting ready for dinner at an Irish pub and going to the Purdue game....

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    Do you HAVE to accept it?
    Yes, it's not forced upon us. If we do not accept it then His blood doesn't cover our sins. If our sins are not covered then the price is death. Only through the name of Christ can we have eternal life.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Last edited:

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    [sigh]

It is easier for a camel to enter through the eye of a needle than for Christians to agree on words.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    Indeed, from further in that same chapter.

God is love. That seems pretty basic. Pretty simple. Biblical. Reflects Jesus' expression of the second most important thing.

Again, in the general context of this thread, rather than have us both pincite Christian biblical references, perhaps we can agree that this entire subject is more complex than can adequately be covered on INGO? (Again.) ;)

Well, those scriptures are not in conflict, but we can rightly divide them. Other scriptures, including from I John can help us understand those verses. But we'll leave this off.

To the subject of giving adequate coverage: I don't think we could adequately cover these subjects in a seminary.

INGO is about it for me on self-directed theological discussion. Church is good, but the subject matter during discussions is often directed specifically. Who knows when this might come up again there? And others in that setting are usually in agreement, or too polite to disagree. Outside church, if you start talking on this level with a lot of Christians, you can watch their eyes glaze over. Or they won't have a counterpoint. Plus life is often too busy to hold a deep theological discussion. But posting something on a board and coming back later to catch up is doable. As far as doing this with coworkers, it isn't possible for me. To give you some insight, I got a contact high today. Not from coworkers, but my customer's tenants. I could barely fill out my paperwork for the day.

Nothing meant by the last paragraph. Just musing.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Do you HAVE to accept it?

As T. Lex points out, God is love and he loves us. In fact he loves us too much to force us into his presence. If we choose to deny and chase after false gods and idols in this life, he'll eventually give you over to your desires in the next.

Top Bottom