CIVIL RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION: All things Islam...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    jamil, you really should explore everything else arguments may be. You're limiting yourself terribly by assuming and applying only a single definition to every argument you encounter.

You know, I'll just feed that error. ;)

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    jamil, you really should explore everything else arguments may be. You're limiting yourself terribly by assuming and applying only a single definition to every argument you encounter.

You know, I'll just feed that error. ;)

I'm applying the applicable.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    You're limiting yourself to irrelevance on this topic, just as you've done with others.

I know you.

You're entitled to your opinions. I'm still waiting for you to answer my last post. I'd especially like for you to explain why I should believe in angels as opposed to, say, unicorn dust. I'm not saying that to offend Christians. But if you're going to argue that I'm not being reasonable for doubting that there are angels, it's fair to make that comparison.

ATM

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    You're entitled to your opinions. I'm still waiting for you to answer my last post. I'd especially like for you to explain why I should believe in angels as opposed to, say, unicorn dust. I'm not saying that to offend Christians. But if you're going to argue that I'm not being reasonable for doubting that there are angels, it's fair to make that comparison.

I never said you should believe in angels, and why do you think I'd respect that belief if you did?

Unreasonable and irrelevant. I rest my case. ;)

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I never said you should believe in angels, and why do you think I'd respect that belief if you did?

Unreasonable and irrelevant. I rest my case. ;)

Well, you kinda used it as a sort of premise, so...

That's okay. You wanna let it go, okay.

ATM

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Well, you kinda used it as a sort of premise, so...

That's okay. You wanna let it go, okay.

Let what go? Did you come here to discuss Islam or chatter? This is sorta serious and you don't even seem interested in the topic.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Quick side note, borrowing from the Ariana Grande bombing thread, regarding what to call the Muslims who are islamofascists. Other than islamofascists.

It occurred to me that it might be helpful for non-Muslims to think of it in roughly the same terms that other Muslims use. In much the same way that Christianity has different denominations, so does Islam. That is an important distinction (IMHO) for non-Muslims to consider.

So, hyper-generalized guide to Islam (this is not a history lesson - there are plenty of interwebz resources for that) by me, open to correction (in good faith).

Sunni - the largest group of Muslims, about 85%. Don't recognize a central authority, decisions made at a local level. Countries: Saudi Arabia, Jordan, Egypt, Indonesia (although a separate sub-group).

Shia - about 10%, mostly in Iran, Iraq, Pakistan and India. Have a centralized hierarchy with more emphasis placed on religious leaders for guidance.

Salafism - technically a subgroup of Sunni, but is a convenient label for the more extremely fundamentalist Islam. Daesh and Al Qaeda are considered Salafist Sunni.

A hypothetical was posted in the other thread about asking all "True Muslims" to stand up, and all of them do, regardless of extremist views. Perhaps the better example is to hypothetically ask which group of Muslims?

Perhaps there can be a consensus that, generally, Salafists are the "problem"?

Then, in this thread in particular, we could discuss the more generally accepted, non-extremist beliefs?

What do you do with the fact that (Shi'a-dominated) Iran is the world's largest state sponsor of terrorism?

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    What do you do with the fact that (Shi'a-dominated) Iran is the world's largest state sponsor of terrorism?

Not sure how much say the people have over their leadership, in that case.

That, and I'm sure some of that sponsorship is being piped in through other countries (Russia).

image.jpeg

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Not sure how much say the people have over their leadership, in that case.

That, and I'm sure some of that sponsorship is being piped in through other countries (Russia).

image.jpeg

I was addressing the fact that T.Lex excluded them from being part of the problem in spite of their being in first place.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Let what go? Did you come here to discuss Islam or chatter? This is sorta serious and you don't even seem interested in the topic.

Surely you know what "what" is. And you asserted "designer" into the conversation, from which the rest of our conversation followed.

ATM

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Surely you know what "what" is. And you asserted "designer" into the conversation, from which the rest of our conversation followed.

Go ahead and have a secular religious discussion about all things Islam, jamil. I'm sure it will challenge someone.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Go ahead and have a secular religious discussion about all things Islam, jamil. I'm sure it will challenge someone.
    Well. I said you may assert things and then walk away from answering questions about it. It's not like I'm going to be a dick about it.

Lelliott8

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 25, 2016
    Crawfordsville
    So now that we have established that Islam has been a curse to mankind for 1400 years, I'd like to ask the big questions...

Why?

How can we help those who have been deceived, or otherwise ruined by it?

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RedMurph
    Top Bottom