• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    Two songs make me cry...well more than two bUT it is well with my soul and oh holy night. I hear those songs and I am sitting in the pews of the church i was raised in at an age where my feet don't hit the floor and my mom is singing the "special singing "

Sungai in a traditional style of course

We're about to have our first worship service in here

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    If anybody's interested, The Village Church out in Texas has a YouTube channel and they've been doing a good series on Exodus.

I have watched the film "Patterns of Evidence: The Exodus" on Netflix about 1/2 dozen times...I will check that youtube channel out....Thank you good sir....

[video=youtube;2assFIyLInE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2assFIyLInE[/video]

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    I have watched the film "Patterns of Evidence: The Exodus" on Netflix about 1/2 dozen times...I will check that youtube channel out....Thank you good sir....

[video=youtube;2assFIyLInE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2assFIyLInE[/video]

It's not complete yet. They started last fall and I think they're up to like chapter 15 or 16.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    It's not complete yet. They started last fall and I think they're up to like chapter 15 or 16.

I just started watching the first...He seems like a good teacher/Pastor.....It looks like each one is about 55 minutes...Thanks again for sharing that as I would have never found it on my own and I have Youtubed as much "Exodus" as I could but missed those...Thanks again...

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    Anyone have a favorite religious movie? Mine has always been the mini-series "Jesus of Nazereth." Use to play back in the late 70's and early 80's. I watched in 1980 and that started my hunger and thirst for the Lord.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Anyone have a favorite religious movie? Mine has always been the mini-series "Jesus of Nazereth." Use to play back in the late 70's and early 80's. I watched in 1980 and that started my hunger and thirst for the Lord.

Bruce Almighty probably doesn't count. :):

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

We watched Risen awhile back. I enjoyed that one.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    This one should.....:)

[video=youtube;G1YsGmhaWyw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1YsGmhaWyw[/video]

I remember when that came out and many christians were alarmed and gave it bad reviews….. I liked it.

Another movie if you can find it, that I also watched back around 1980 or 1981 was with Clark Gable in the 1940 movie, "Strange Cargo."

historian

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    SD by residency, Hoosier by heart
    I don't know if I've shared this before but I am the worship leader at my church. I'm also the only deacon but that's another topic. Anyway, for me it is a constant internal struggle of what to sing at church. In my personal time I listen almost exclusively to contemporary Christian music. The Rend Collective, Bethel Music, I Am They, All Sons and Daughters, Needtobreathe, Steffany Gretzinger, Lauren Daigle, Ronnie Freeman, Hillsong United, David Crowder. I listen to a wide variety of styles. At church we do almost exclusively hymns. It's what I grew up on and it's what I know. I've really struggled lately with the direction of our music at church. There is a wide range of ages in our congregation. 70+ retired folks, 20 something newlyweds, and everything in between. Honestly I worry that people will get offended if we start to do some newer worship songs. I don't know. Maybe I'm just paranoid. I'm sure that most of the congregation would like it, but it's hard. Some of the newer songs are so good.

Have you to tried moving to modern hymns before making the jump? The Gettys have some really good ones (Power of the Cross is my fav.) Hymns ? Getty Music

The instant I hear a musical instrument I know it's too modern for me.

Dang hippies with their harps and lyres!

What! No one wants to claim A Thief in the Night?!

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vi1mReM8GYU" target="_blank">[video=youtube;vi1mReM8GYU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vi1mReM8GYU[/video]

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom