• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    At the risk of venturing into Christianity, anyone think that perhaps when the world was refurbished after the rebellion and the waters above and below separated, was that's when the born through water rule was implemented. And following on that it's a spiritual connection between the heaven above and this world below, hence baptism required. And of course that the bozos that came down at Mount Harmon blew through the rule.

I'm thinking that this is a part of the symbology with the vesica piscis.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    What's amazing to me is that I see jabs being thrown in all different directions by individuals on very side; and to be quite honest, I only see a few individuals having a tissy fit during discussions. I was told when I joined INGO that one needs thick skin, yet "some" of those individuals who have no problem dishing it out seemingly cannot take it.

This thread, as with others (best defensive caliber, politics and such) gets everyone going and eventually people run out of things to say. This thread is 384 pages long. My gut tells me that once the attitudes calm down a bit, it'll continue to grow. Religion, politics, calibers and such discussion should never interfere with relationships. If it does, don't blame it on others, just look in the mirror. Remember, ya' need to have thick skin to be here in INGO......so I have been told.

According to that source (Actaeon), it was only n00bs that were so admonished. In text, as in life, as we grow in age and 'experience' some people may experience a thinning of the epidermis. Perhaps they don't get outside enough :)

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Try celebrating those in the OT who were looking forward to the new and those who prophesied it. Be anticipatory instead of historical.

So...Advent sucks.

A bunch of people looking back to the first coming forward to the second coming. Nothing like celebrating your damnation.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    They had a reason to celebrate. Just as those who are saved do now.

I on the other hand only have existential, eternal damnation to look forward to. Merry Christmas.

That's the fruit of embracing doctrinal innovation. I'd rather be an Atheist than a Calvinist.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    The Calvinistic God is not the God I read about in the scriptures or that is taught by the Church.
    A vengeful, wrathful God.

I would rather be an Atheist.

I find that interesting. Why would you feel that way?

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    1. If 5-point Calvinism is true, then for any person x, if God desires to, has the power to, and knows how to cause x to go to Heaven and not suffer eternally in Hell, then x will go to Heaven and not suffer eternally in Hell.

2. If God is omnibenevolent, omnipotent, and omniscient, then for any person x, God desires to, has the power to, and knows how to cause x to go to Heaven and not suffer eternally in Hell.

3. There is at least one person who will not go to Heaven and suffer eternally in Hell.

4. Therefore, one cannot affirm both (i) that 5-point Calvinism is true and (ii) that God is omnibenevolent, omnipotent, and omniscient.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom