• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Amazing what the political putzes will try to get away with in the name of "safety". In Cedar Falls they want business owners to place universal lock boxes on their properties so cops, firemen and other city employees will have access to their properties. All in the name of safety. Property owners will be forced to participate, if their city council has their way. This will apparently include businesses, as well as rental properties. And this council doesn't really care about the Constitutionality of their ruling. Hopefully the people of that city will force them to rethink their position, throw them out and replace them them with better people. If this did pass, I'd never give them a key.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFCLiij0CBA&feature=player_embedded

Dogman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Hamilton County
    If this is passed, I hope the citizens of Cedar Falls take it to court.

I remember we had keys to certain businesses, but the owners would give the PD keys just in case we did need to get into their building. All the keys were kept under lock and key inside the PD.

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    If this is passed, I hope the citizens of Cedar Falls take it to court.

I remember we had keys to certain businesses, but the owners would give the PD keys just in case we did need to get into their building. All the keys were kept under lock and key inside the PD.
    Same here!

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    One of the city council members stated pretty emphatically that he wouldn't allow the same kind of box on his residence. My question would be, "Why?"

If it's a good idea for business, why not for private residences? I see the two as the same.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    I'm not sure why the city would WANT keys. If anything is ever damaged or comes up missing it leaves too many doors open to blame the city. I think it would be a good idea to make it an option for the businesses. If you'd like the city to have a key in case of emergency then go ahead and give one over.

TRWXXA

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2008
    I thought firefighters and police oficers already had the master keys to every door.

HALLIGAN_001.JPG

battering-ram-full.jpg

Markedup

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    Look around your area for key boxes on,
    especially,commercial buildings. There are Knox
    key boxes all around Fort Wayne. Nothing new
    under the sun.

Mark

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    All the business owners should empty their buildings out under the cover of darkness and put signs in the windows stating they are closed until the Gestapo is disbanded. No taxes to collect from the businesses or their employees might change their tune.

xmas_asn

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   2   0
    Mar 2, 2011
    Fort Irwin, Ca
    I'm not a theft or a criminal, but if they all put the same lock on there door that takes the same "Master Key". I would buy one of these locks. Then A. Make my own "Bump Key" or B. break down the tumblers and make my own "Master Key" and go into business for myself.

If I'm smart enough to do this I'm sure there is someone else will figure it out in a few weeks.

Lead Head

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2011
    Northeast Indiana
    One of the city council members stated pretty emphatically that he wouldn't allow the same kind of box on his residence. My question would be, "Why?"

If it's a good idea for business, why not for private residences? I see the two as the same.

I believe the current Fire Code in Indiana already requires a state approved key box (and master key) to be located at the main entrance. The Fire Dept. has a universal key for these boxes. In the case of electronic card access, one should also be kept in the box. I think an axe works better.

For business it makes sense since no one lives there as a personal residence, etc. For home, no freaking way man !

Top Bottom