• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    Sure the driver effed up and I'm not trying to excuse any of that but it doesn't excuse the two agencies issuing conflicting commands. If you listen to the video audio the Trooper still issued a command for him to walk toward them again after the K-9 unit officer issued a different command after which time the K-9 unit officer released the dog for not complying with his conflicting command that he issued.

So in my estimation they are culpable for effing up that part.
    Don’t get me wrong, yeah, the K9 officer effed up royally.

My point earlier was that if truck clown hadn’t put himself in the situation, none of it would have ever happened.

Maybe the K9 cops emotions got the best of him, maybe he shouldn’t be a cop at all, but still, if not for truck clown being a clown…

ed1838

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 20, 2022
    Seymour
    That is messed up officers telling him to do different things , one threatening to release dog other yelling do not release dog. If the dirver had not refused to pull over for a Department of Transportation inspection by the Highway Patrol all the other officers would not have been there.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009

My point earlier was that if truck clown hadn’t put himself in the situation, none of it would have ever happened.

Maybe the K9 cops emotions got the best of him, maybe he shouldn’t be a cop at all, but still, if not for truck clown being a clown…
    To me it's two separate issues. One is that the driver effed up and the other is the K-9 officer effed up. Looks like we agree on both of those points. Again, I see them as separate issues.

The driver may have been a clown for doing what he did in the first place but the driver did'nt appear to be clowning after he was convinced to surrender when it appeared that he was trying to comply with the original commands coming from the Troopers side before the K-9 until officer interjected his conflicting will that led to his culpability for what he did.

Last edited:

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana

So with that, Its not like all of the LE had firearms out. I thought I saw one taser. Its not like all of LE were ready to Rodney King him.

What should have happened? Where does one draw the line when in this situation?
    We have an unarmed man on his knees with his hands up...
    And a half a dozen or more LEO's on the scene.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    So with that, Its not like all of the LE had firearms out. I thought I saw one taser. Its not like all of LE were ready to Rodney King him.

What should have happened? Where does one draw the line when in this situation?
    We have an unarmed man on his knees with his hands up...
    And a half a dozen or more LEO's on the scene.
    Yeah, it appears that, if left alone, the troopers would have had it wrapped up pretty quickly, no dog bites, and the truck clown would have been hauled off to the nearest jail.

But again, if truck clown had just stopped and complied with DOT, none of this would’ve happened.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    That report has different details than the other one. I wonder how long until we have actual facts released.

Did he skip a weigh station or was he originally pulled over for a missing mud flap?

Did he stop on his own or was it because of spike strips?

J Galt

Expert
    Rating - 93.3%
    14   1   0
    Mar 21, 2020
    Indianapolis
    That report has different details than the other one. I wonder how long until we have actual facts released.

Did he skip a weigh station or was he originally pulled over for a missing mud flap?

Did he stop on his own or was it because of spike strips?

Typically seems to be 72 hours before anyone starts reporting facts.

That's enough time to plan and coordinate riots and looting.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I was pulled over in Ohio years ago for speeding, I was respectful to the officer, had my license, registration, proof of insurance. I didn’t get dog bit, tasered, dragged out of the car at gun point, none of that.

It’s too common anymore for these idiots to do dumb ****, and then scream about being victimized, where they had a choice all along.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Yeah, it appears that, if left alone, the troopers would have had it wrapped up pretty quickly, no dog bites, and the truck clown would have been hauled off to the nearest jail.

But again, if truck clown had just stopped and complied with DOT, none of this would’ve happened.
    Sure none of this would have happened but if we are sticking to the K-9 issue which seems to be the bone of contention I guess it could also be said like in your first paragraph that if the K-9 unit officer would have just let the Troopers that were initially making the command who had control on the scene handle it the clown wouldn't have been bitten either.

J Galt

Expert
    Rating - 93.3%
    14   1   0
    Mar 21, 2020
    Indianapolis
    You'd think we had have a few more facts being it said the incident happened on July 4th. Almost 3 weeks ago now

Just because no additional facts have not been posted here does not mean that additional information has not been released.
    :popcorn::p:oldwise::banana:

ETA: To be fair to the counterpoint, I don't remember hearing of any additional riots or looting. So my blatant insinuation that there would be riots and looting over this was wrong.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    I was pulled over in Ohio years ago for speeding, I was respectful to the officer, had my license, registration, proof of insurance. I didn’t get dog bit, tasered, dragged out of the car at gun point, none of that.

It’s too common anymore for these idiots to do dumb ****, and then scream about being victimized, where they had a choice all along.
    I don't think the issue is whether he was doing dumb things. He clearly was.

The issue is whether use of the K9 was warranted, necessary, proportional, appropriate, reasonable, etc. I don't think many people would be complaining if the police just put him on the ground and cuffed him.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    What innocent lives are in danger when he is on his knees with his hands over his head?
    I'm speaking about prior to him on his knees. There was some reason multiple agencies and cars were on the scene.. See it on OPLive nearly every week, 100 MPH chases through populated areas without a thought about anything other than escaping.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I'm speaking about prior to him on his knees. There was some reason multiple agencies and cars were on the scene.. See it on OPLive nearly every week, 100 MPH chases through populated areas without a thought about anything other than escaping.
    I thought it was said that they chased him through 3 counties, so yeah... Probably endangered people along the way.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I don't think the issue is whether he was doing dumb things. He clearly was.

The issue is whether use of the K9 was warranted, necessary, proportional, appropriate, reasonable, etc. I don't think many people would be complaining if the police just put him on the ground and cuffed him.
    Admittedly none of us were on the scene to make a call of what was warranted or not but going by the comments that were being said by the Troopers on the video that were on the scene at the time it did'nt sound like the K-9 release was warranted. That's what I'm relying on and not my own opinion alone.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I thought it was said that they chased him through 3 counties, so yeah... Probably endangered people along the way.
    I didn't see if he was speeding or driving recklessly while he was being "chased" before he was coaxed to pull over and surrender. Maybe he was and I missed it.

Top Bottom