• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WWIIIDefender

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 7, 2009
    Saudi Arabia
    I read that. I heard on the radio that once the FBI was involved they started reading his emails because they were afraid that his account had been hacked or he was being blackmailed.. Do you need a warrant to read email to and from the Director of CIA?

After 9/11 no government agency needs a warrant for electronic information they just take it

Panama

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 13, 2008
    Racing Capital
    Do you think YOU would be scot free via a simple resignation if you got caught a-whoring your house-maid in the Phillipines? His crime occurred while he WAS under UCMJ authority, and NOT retired. SO, JUST RESIGN and walk away? Ordinary Joes can't do that.

You are right, there is a difference between enlisted, and the high ranking entitled.

He can be charged and lose rank and benefits if it happened while he was still active duty.

Good point, I never thought about the fact it occurred "WHILE" he was still General. :facepalm:

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    So they are saying that back when he was nominated for CIA head, he would have had a thorough interview with polygraph. Did he lie then? Doubtful if all you hear about him is true (I don't really buy the honesty and integrity of the adulterer of the day). One of the talking heads said when she was over in Afghanistan, the affair was fodder for the local gossip mill. So it seems doubtful that the FBI could have missed this when they did the background investigation. Why was he still nominated? Why rat him out now?

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Odd that the Director of CIA's email is monitored and even read by the FBI without his knowledge... What did he have a gmail account?

I heard this morning that this was indeed a gmail account... our Director of Central Intelligence...

Hotdoger

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Boone County, In.
    So they are saying that back when he was nominated for CIA head, he would have had a thorough interview with polygraph. Did he lie then? Doubtful if all you hear about him is true (I don't really buy the honesty and integrity of the adulterer of the day). One of the talking heads said when she was over in Afghanistan, the affair was fodder for the local gossip mill. So it seems doubtful that the FBI could have missed this when they did the background investigation. Why was he still nominated? Why rat him out now?

I though the affair was after his confirmation?

Harleyrider_50

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    So. Indiana
    Check out this video. Paula Broadwell is a classy, well-spoken, intelligent, attractive woman. Check out those biceps, too.

General Petraeus and Paula Broadwell Picture, Affair Update - David Petraeus - Zimbio

Some men may resign their career to focus on a woman like that. I think we may have to consider this as a possible explanation, certainly as likely as the conspiracy theories being promoted in this thread.

:rockwoot:

Yeah,that.....hahahaha!.....:):
    And a gym/fitness chic......know the type well,hahaha!.....use ta be hitch'd ta 1 'bout like this chic.....
    This chic's a true 'Alpha' female in ever sense of the word.......:):......when she says ....."All In"......:rolleyes:......ya better be,LOL!....:):

Hotdoger

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Boone County, In.

ruger17hmr

Shooter
    Rating - 97.1%
    33   1   0
    Jun 13, 2008
    Indy
    I wonder how many military personnel (Officers) do have an extra marital affair and do request a resignation from his/her position.

May be the question has to be, how many of them commit adultery do not request a resignation?

On a side note, if all the Congressman who committed adultery resigned, I am sure the Congress will be a desolate place.

bingley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    West Point grad who thought she was smarter than the system.

And hotter than the system, too! :rockwoot:

On a side note, if all the Congressman who committed adultery resigned, I am sure the Congress will be a desolate place.

I think infidelity is a job requirement for politicians. Out of a consideration of fairness, I only hope their spouses are getting theirs, too.

bingley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    I have seen pics of her and now believe you have judgement issues.

I don't have judgment issues. You're the one who's being judgmental. And you obviously don't get classy. What do you like, the conventional brainless bikini babes? Let's see them getting interviewed about their books, responding to questions with poise, humor, and intelligence. Someone like Petraeus needs substance in his mistresses.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    He just didn't want to testify against the president on Benghazi tomorrow...

That's my guess, too. The public forgives affairs, if they even notice in the first place. Politicians who resign over an affair are forgotten really quickly unless its gay or underage or the like.

Testifying against the president or taking blame for deaths of US Citizens, well, that's going to stick around a lot longer.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    He said he was "happy to testify in congress". Now that he doesn't have to he says he won't testify. Not sure if congress can subpoena a private citizen or not..

Yes, they can. Remember when they subpeona'd former baseball players when the major issue facing the country was apparently steroids in professional sports?

I'm no expert, but I think the main difference is this:

They can't make you give up your 5th amendment rights, though, and a private citizen could just keep their mouth shut instead of the head of an agency having to justify his actions as a condition of employment.

tenring

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 16, 2008
    Martinsville
    When I spent a vacation in Vietnam, the bird colonel of the MAG had a regular dinner guest in his very nice hootch with the attractive Vietnamese woman who was in charge of all the local workers that worked for the MAG. It was up to him as to what contractor got the job of supplying them. It came to light when the full bird had to get a series of shots for the clap, but it was never put on his medical records. I happened to be in the sickbay one day and saw the lady bent over the table getting her shots also. The bird was married, hence the no record of shots for gonorrhea. Half the married officers in the MAG when somewhere for R&R, else than Hawaii to see their wives, so I would guess that all they did was relax and sight see. Right?

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    When I spent a vacation in Vietnam, the bird colonel of the MAG had a regular dinner guest in his very nice hootch with the attractive Vietnamese woman who was in charge of all the local workers that worked for the MAG. It was up to him as to what contractor got the job of supplying them. It came to light when the full bird had to get a series of shots for the clap, but it was never put on his medical records. I happened to be in the sickbay one day and saw the lady bent over the table getting her shots also. The bird was married, hence the no record of shots for gonorrhea. Half the married officers in the MAG when somewhere for R&R, else than Hawaii to see their wives, so I would guess that all they did was relax and sight see. Right?

What can a person say? Faulty zippers that won't stay up on uniform pants are a problem as old as organized armies.

Hotdoger

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Boone County, In.
    I don't have judgment issues. You're the one who's being judgmental. And you obviously don't get classy. What do you like, the conventional brainless bikini babes? Let's see them getting interviewed about their books, responding to questions with poise, humor, and intelligence. Someone like Petraeus needs substance in his mistresses.

You said "hot". Not "classy".

This girl was far from either.

And Petraeus got a little to much "substance" seeing how things are working out fot him.

Clarity

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2012
    I gotta think that the CIA's rules are pretty strict where affairs are concerned due the security risks that would be posed by paramours having leverage over CIA personnel. My guess is it's true, but the timing may be linked to the election and the Benghazi testimony.

Harleyrider_50

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    So. Indiana
    You said "hot". Not "classy".

This girl was far from either.

And Petraeus got a little to much "substance" seeing how things are working out fot him.

Dude......are you nuts?.......obviously ya don't know how ta handle strong,educated,toned,fit, confident, self motivated chics that can think for themselves,much less recognize'em, hahahaha!.......This's kind'a chic that usually don't take 'no' for a answer,LOL!......An' yeah.....I speak from x'perience,.....LMAO! I can see the dudes (the Gen) uhhh.....?......dilemna......THIS(Broadwell) is 'Top Shelf' chic.......have ya seen Mizzuz Patraeus? 'Nuff said,hahaha......

be worth the watch.......
    Exclusive - Push-up Contest to Benefit Wounded Veterans - The Daily Show with Jon Stewart - 01/25/12 - Video Clip | Comedy Central

Top Bottom